LIFETIME POSTS ADDITIONAL GROWTH FOR MONTH OF AUGUST
Lifetime Shows Year-on-Year Increases Among Adults 25-54, Women 18-49 and Women 25-54,
Jumps into Top Five Basic Cable Networks among Women 18-49 and Women 25-54
LOS ANGELES, CA (August 28, 2012) - After posting two consecutive quarters of consistent growth resulting from its diverse program strategy of original movies, scripted dramas and reality series, Lifetime once again posted increased viewership this year, with increases among the key demographics for the month of August, according to Nielsen Research.
Lifetime registered a 13% jump among Women 18-49 and Women 25-54, +5% in Adults 18-49 and +4% among Adults 25-54 in August - marking the network's strongest year-on-year growth for the month of August among Women 18-49, Women 25-54 and Adults 18-49 in 11 years. In addition, Lifetime ranked as a top five basic cable network among Women 18-49, jumping six places to #3 vs. #9 in August 2011, and #4 among Women 25-54 vs. #7 in August 2011. Among Adults 18-49, Lifetime ranked #11 (vs. #16 August last year), #11 in Total Viewers (vs. #18) and #12 in Adults 25-54 (vs. #14). Lifetime's median age of 48 for August is its youngest median age for the month in 12 years.
For Summer 2012 (June through August), Lifetime has grown +18% with Women 18-49, +11% with Women 25-54, +8% with Adults 18-49 and +3% with Adults 25-54 vs. Summer 2011. These increases mark the strongest Summer year-to-year growth for Lifetime among Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49 in 11 years, as well as in Women 25-54 in a decade. The median age of 47 for June-August 2012 is Lifetime's youngest Summer in 17 years.
Year-to-date, Lifetime is pacing ahead of 2011-YTD by +17% among Women 18-49, +9% with Adults 18-49, +8% in Women 25-54 and +3% with Adults 25-54, currently ranking in the top 10 basic cable networks among Women 18-49 (#6 2012-YTD vs. #12 in 2011-YTD) and Women 25-54 (#7(t) 2012-YTD vs. #10 2011-YTD). Lifetime's YTD median age of 47 also marks its youngest median age in 17 years. Year-to-date highlights include:
· Project Runway Season 10 is the #1 unscripted cable series on Thursday night (8-11pm) among Adults 25-54, Women 25-54, Women 18-49, Women 18+ and Women 2+ (excluding sports).
· Army Wives Season 6-TD is the #1 ad-supported cable series in its premiere time period among Women 18+.
· Drop Dead Diva ranks as the #1 drama across ad-supported cable in the Sunday 9-10pm time period with Women 25-54, Women 18-49, Women 2+ and Women 18+.
· Year-to-date, Dance Moms season 2 is the #1 unscripted cable series in its Tuesday 9-10pm time period among Women 18-49 and Women 2+. Season 2 is over-delivering season 1 by +71% with Adults 18-49, +73% Women 18-49, +64% with Adults 25-54 and +66% with Women 25-54. It is Lifetime's youngest skewing current series with a Season 2-TD median age of 32 years old, five years younger than Season 1.
· America's Most Wanted has improved the Friday 9-10pm time period by +39% with Total Viewers, +44% with Adults 25-54 and +22% with Women 25-54.
· The Client List delivered Lifetime's strongest freshman season for an original series since Drop Dead Diva (Jul-Oct 2009) among Total Viewers, Adults 25-54 and Women 25-54. Among Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49, it was the best freshman season since Army Wives premiered in Jun-Aug 2007. The Client List propelled Lifetime to #1 in the Sunday 10-11pm hour among Women 18+.
· Lifetime is the #1 cable network for movies among Women 25-54 and Women 18+ across total day (excluding networks with only 1 movie telecast).
· Drew Peterson: Untouchable is the #1 movie telecast across cable among Total Viewers, Adults 18+, Women 18+, Adults 25-54, Women 25-54, Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49 (excluding networks with only 1 movie telecast).
Lifetime Television is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. The network posted major growth in viewership among the key demographics in Second Quarter 2012 versus Second Quarter 2011, posting a 13% jump among Women 18-49, +5% among Adults 18-49 and +1% in Women 25-54. Additionally, among Women 18-49, Lifetime marked the network's strongest 2Q growth in 10 years. Lifetime Television(R), LMN(R), Lifetime Real Women(R) and Lifetime Digital(TM) are part of Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, a subsidiary of A+E Networks. A+E Networks is a joint venture of the Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.