· Currently available fast-affiliate ratings are subject to significant adjustment for NBC Sports' coverage of the Dallas Cowboys-New York Giants NFL Kickoff game. In metered market households, the game averaged a 16.5 rating, 26 share. This ties for the fifth-best metered-market rating for a regular-season NBC primetime game ever. Despite competition from the Democratic National Convention and this year's move to Wednesday night, the Cowboys-Giants matchup finished within 4 percent of last year's Saints-Packers NFL Kickoff game (17.2/28 on Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011).
· NBC's 14.9/24 average from 8-11 p.m. in metered-market households is the highest for ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox on a non-Olympic Wednesday since Fox did a 17.1/27 on Wednesday May 25, 2011 during final week of that season's "American Idol."
· Note that while the fast-affiliate ratings are subject to significant revision, they currently show NBC winning the night decisively in all key ratings categories, including adult-female demos.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Wednesday night (New Orleans is excluded and all start times were delayed due to overrun convention coverage on ABC and CBS and NFL coverage on NBC):
· In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.8/9; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 1.6/5; and ABC's combo of "Nightline," 2.2/6; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.2/4.
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 1.2/7; "Late Show," 0.4/2; "Nightline," 0.7/3; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.3/2.
· At 12:35 a.m., "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.6/7 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (0.9/3). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.7/5 in 18-49) topped "Late Late Show" (0.2/2).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.