ABC's "The Oscars" Cross-Platform Wrap-Up
ABC Delivers Increasing Cross-Platform Numbers for its 2013 Oscar Content
Viewers Consume 10.8 Billion Total Minutes of ABC's Oscars-themed
Programming Since the Nominations on "GMA," Rising 20% Year to Year
ABC's Oscar Sunday Programming Reaches Nearly
85 Million Unique Television Viewers Across the United States
Audience for Network's Oscar Multiplatform Experience Surges 32%
Over Last Year, Pulling in 20.0 Million Visitors to Oscar.com and the Oscar App
Social Activity Surrounding Oscar Sunday Spikes 68% Year Over Year
ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars" Special Generates
Over 2.1 Million Video Views via ABC.com, YouTube, Hulu and HuluPlus
· Across TV and digital platforms, audiences consumed 10.81 billion minutes of ABC's Oscar-themed programming - cumulative number of minutes viewed across platforms of ABC's Oscar programming since the nominations announcements on "Good Morning America." That represented a +20% increase year to year (10.81b vs. 9.02b).
· With the "Oscars Red Carpet Live" pre-show, the "The Oscars" telecast and "Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars," ABC's Oscar programming on Sunday reached 84.745 million unique television viewers across the U.S. (unduplicated Viewers 2+ watching 1-minute or more during the broadcasts), up over last year by +5% (84.745 million vs. 80.770 million).
· Oscar.com and the Oscar App generated substantial year-over-year growth. The number of visitors to Oscar.com since the nominations announcement surged 32% over 2012 (20.0 million vs. 15.1 million), and the Oscar App has been downloaded 451,000 times, representing a +19% jump over last year (451k vs. 379k).
· Through the Oscar.com and the Oscar App, the digital audience consumed 53.6 million cumulative minutes on Sunday (33.4 million on 2/24/13) and Monday (20.2 million on 2/25/13), gaining +7% year over year (53.6 million vs. 50.1 million).
· Across ABC.com, YouTube, Hulu and HuluPlus, ABC's "JKL: After the Oscars" special has garnered over 2.3 million online video views, with "Movie: The Movie Twovie" delivering over 1.7 million views alone.
· According to Social Guide, there were 6.4 million tweets with 1.6 million unique users, as overall Oscar activity outpaced last year by +68% (6.4 million vs. 3.8 million).
· "The Oscars" became available after the telecast via On Demand platforms and has delivered over 1.7 million views.
TV Source: The Nielsen Company (National Program Ratings), 1/10-2/24/13. 2013 Site statistics based on Omniture data, 1/06-2/25/13, app downloads provided by iOS/Google, unique users for site and apps are not unduplicated due to limitations in the data. JKL Oscar Special clip views across ABC.com/Youtube/Hulu/HuluPlus, data partially full through 2/27/13.SocialGuide total number of tweets (Red Carpet combined total of Red Carpet Live & On the Red Carpet) 2/24/13 vs. 2/26/12. On Demand based on Online (ABC.com/iPad/iPhone/Hulu)/STB VOD based on preliminary episode viewing data.