HUBOOM!: THE HUB'S RATINGS EXPLODE
The Hub Has Year-to-Year Growth for 18 Consecutive Weeks
Best Total Day Performance in Kids 6-11 Since August 2012
For 33 Consecutive Weeks, the Hub is the Most Co-Viewed Kid Network Among Kids 2-11 Watching with Adults 18-49
LOS ANGELES - The Hub Network, the fastest growing children's cable network, has a hubalicious week in ratings fueled by the premiere of "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters," new episodes of Saturday morning favorites, "Littlest Pet Shop" and "Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures," and strong showings from other Hub series, including "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic," "Animaniacs," "Goosebumps," "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" and "Family Game Night." Highlights include:
· For 18 consecutive weeks, The Hub generates year-to-year growth in Kids 2-11 and Households.
· For the week, The Hub garners its best Kids 6-11 Total Day delivery since the week of August 20th, 2012.
· In Total Day, The Hub earned year-to-year time period delivery gains in key demos. Additionally, The Hub outperforms Nicktoons for the week in Kids 2-11 for the first time. (Details are below)
· For 33 consecutive weeks, The Hub tops the competition in co-viewing, an important benchmark in family programming. The Hub is the most co-viewed children's network among Kids 2-11 watching with Adults 18-49. (Details are below)
Ratings Performance Details:
· In Total Day, The Hub earned year-to-year time period delivery gains among Kids 2-11 (+66%), Kids 6-11 (+120%), Adults 18-49 (+57%), Women 18-49 (+86%), Adults 25-54 (+35%), Women 25-54 (+71%), Persons 2+ (+62%) and Households (+52%).
· The Hub was the most co-viewed kid network in Kids 2-11 watching with Adults 18-49. Thirty-seven percent (37%) of The Hub's Kids 2-11 watched with an Adult 18-49, ahead of Disney Channel (21%), Nickelodeon (25%), Cartoon Network (22%), Disney XD (23%), Nicktoons (19%), TeenNick (17%), Nick at Nite (17%) and Adult Swim (24%).
(Source: The Nielsen Company, program based dayparts, most current, 3/18/13-3/24/13 vs. 3/19/12-3/25/12, growth by delivery, co-viewing from NPower)
About The Hub Network
THE HUB is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NASDAQ: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub lineup includes animated and live-action series, as well as specials, game shows, and family-favorite movies. The network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at www.hubworld.com. The Hub rebranded from Discovery Kids on October 10, 2010, and is available in nearly 72 million U.S. households. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Visit The Hub on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/hubtvnetwork