"UNDER THE DOME" SEASON 1 - A U.S. AND INTERNATIONAL RATINGS SUCCESS
The Most-Watched Series in the U.S. this Summer Also Scores Impressive Ratings
Around the World
CBS's summer launch of UNDER THE DOME has been a U.S. and international ratings success, ranking as the most-watched series of the summer here and delivering impressive ratings in territories around the world.
The first season finale of UNDER THE DOME will be broadcast Monday, Sept. 16 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The series has been renewed for a second season for broadcast in summer 2014.
In the U.S., the serialized drama from Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television, based on Stephen King's bestselling novel of the same name, has averaged 14.85 million viewers, 3.9/11 in adults 18-49 and 5.2/13 in adults 25-54, according to Nielsen most current ratings. It ranks as the most-watched show of the summer across broadcast and cable, and is also the #1 broadcast series in adults 25-54 and adults 18-49. Nielsen estimates that 53.4 million viewers watched all or part of UNDER THE DOME this summer.
Internationally, UNDER THE DOME, which will be licensed in more than 200 territories by CBS Studios International, is off to strong starts in countries where it has already premiered.
· In Australia, UNDER THE DOME is the highest-rated U.S. drama this year on Network Ten across key demos, total persons and persons 25-54.
· In Canada, UNDER THE DOME on Global, has been the #1 series on Canadian television since its debut.
· In Spain, UNDER THE DOME had the best international series premiere in Antena3 channel history and the best international series debut on Spanish free TV in three years.
· In the United Kingdom, UNDER THE DOME has been the #1 series on Channel 5 since its debut.
· In Germany on ProSieben, UNDER THE DOME delivered the channel's most successful premiere in its time period since 2000.
· In Austria, UNDER THE DOME was the most-watched U.S. series debut on ORF eins since 2007.
· In New Zealand, the premiere of UNDER THE DOME on Prime ranks as the channel's fourth-highest-rated program of the year.
· In Italy, UNDER THE DOME has ranked third among all series on Rai2 since its debut.
Sources: Australia: OZTAM. Canada/Italy/UK: CAD/ITVR. Germany: ProSieben. New Zealand: Prime. Austria: CEETV.
UNDER THE DOME is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television. Steven Spielberg, Stephen King, Brian K. Vaughan, Neal Baer, Stacey Snider, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank and Jack Bender serve as executive producers.