Ratings Highlights September 16-22, 2013 - Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Takes Total Day for the 4th Consecutive Week Across Target
Youth Demos, Posting Biggest Competitive Advantage Over Nickelodeon in 9 Weeks in Kids 6-11; Friday's All-New "Wander Over Yonder" Hits Series Highs
Setting Weekly Highs, 24-hour Disney Junior Channel is TV's #1 Preschool Network for the 25th Straight Week in Kids 2-5, Topping Nick Jr. by its Largest Margin Ever; "Sofia the First" is the #1 Mid-Size Cable TV Series in Kids 2-5
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
For the week of September 16, 2013, powered by Friday's and Sunday's 'Night of Premieres' featuring all-new episodes of hit series including "Dog With a Blog" and "Austin & Ally," the week's Top TV telecasts, Disney Channel swept Total Day for the 4th consecutive week across Kids 2-11 (810,000/2.1 rating), Kids 6-11 (550,000/2.3 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (457,000/1.9 rating), and was the #1 cable TV network for the 2nd time in 3 weeks in Total Viewers (1.43 million).
Disney Channel recorded its biggest competitive advantage over Nickelodeon in nine weeks in Kids 6-11 (+60% - 550,000 vs. 344,000) and 2nd-largest in 9 weeks in Tweens 9-14 (+97% - 457,000 vs. 232,000) - since weeks of 7/15/13 - extending its streak as TV's #1 network to 119 weeks in the target demographics.
In Prime, Disney Channel stood as cable TV's #1 network for the 436th week in a row among Kids 6-11 (957,000/4.0 rating - 8+ years) and 173rd in Tweens 9-14 (851,000/3.5 rating - 3+ years).
· Friday's all-new "Wander Over Yonder" (9:00 - 9:15 p.m.) hit series highs across Kids 2-11 (1.96 million/5.0 rating), Kids 6-11 (1.58 million/6.6 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.09 million/4.5 rating), ranking as the week's #1 animated TV telecast.
· In its new time period, the season 2 premiere of "Dog With a Blog" (Fri., 8:30 - 9:00 p.m.) ranked as the series' most-watched telecast in seven months in Kids 6-11 (1.7 million/7.2 rating) and in four months in Kids 2-11 (2.03 million/5.1 rating) - since 2/17/13 and 5/5/13, respectively - standing as the week's #1 TV telecast in the demos.
· Overall, Disney Channel held the week's Top 4 TV telecasts in Kids 2-11, Top 20 TV telecasts in Kids 6-11 (Top 5 below) and Top 34 TV telecasts (Top 5 below) in Tweens:
24-Hour Disney Junior Channel
The 24-hour Disney Junior channel stood as cable TV's #1 preschool-devoted network in Total Day for the 25th straight week with Kids 2-5 (241,000/1.5 rating) and Boys 2-5 (127,000/1.6 rating) - each week since reporting public ratings on 4/1/13 - for the 8th week in a row in Girls 2-5 (114,000/1.5 rating) and for the 24th time in the prior 25 weeks in Total Viewers (446,000).
Impressively, this week qualified as the network's most-watched week on record in Kids 2-5 (tied with week of 8/19/13), and its 2nd-most-watched week to date in Total Viewers and Girls 2-5, behind week of 8/19/13.
Notably, "Sofia the First" ranked as the #1 mid size cable TV series in Kids 2-5 (381,000/2.4 rating), Girls 2-5 (177,000/2.3 rating), while among Boys 2-5, "Sofia the First" (204,000/2.6 rating) and "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" (175,000/2.2 rating) were the week's Top 2 series.
· With its largest competitive edge to date, Disney Junior channel surpassed Nick Jr. for the 25th straight week in Kids 2-5 (+75% - 241,000 vs. 138,000) and Boys 2-5 (+92% - 127,000 vs. 66,000 - tied week of 8/26/13), for the 8th week running in Girls 2-5 (+58% - 114,000 vs. 72,000) and for the 24th time in the previous 25 weeks in Total Viewers (+55% - 446,000 vs. 287,000), despite being in 14.8 million fewer homes.
· Notably, this week was Nick Jr.'s least-watched-week in Total Viewers, Kids 2-5 and Girls 2-5 since Disney Junior channel began reporting ratings publicly.
· Disney Junior channel beat Sprout by triple digits for the 25th consecutive week across core demos: Total Viewers (+193% - 446,000 vs. 152,000), Kids 2-5 (+260% - 241,000 vs. 67,000) and Boys 2-5 (+274% - 127,000 vs. 34,000), and by at least double digits for the 25th consecutive week in Girls 2-5 (+245% - 114,000 vs. 33,000).
Source: NTI, U.S. ratings. Week of 9/16/13-9/22/13, Live + Same Day; Pre-K series ranks based on regularly scheduled series. Streaks include ties based on rating.