Live + 7 Day Ratings: ABC Claims the Most Top 10 Playback Gainers of Any Network in Adults 18-49
Live + 7 Day Ratings for the week of 9/30/13 (Week #2):
Based on Nielsen's TV playback data among Adults 18-49, ABC soared to a 2.8 rating among Adults 18-49 in the final Live + 7 numbers, an increase of +0.7 tenths of a rating point over its Live + Same Day number (tying as the biggest L+7 increase for any network).
ABC claimed 5 of the week's 10 biggest TV playback gainers on the broadcast networks (the most for any network), with Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (+2.1 rating points), Modern Family (+2.0 rating points), Grey's Anatomy (+1.8 rating points), Nashville (+1.3 rating points) and Scandal (+1.3 rating points). In fact, Nashville and Grey's Anatomy delivered bigger playback gains in week 2 than week 1 in the L+7 numbers. ABC also had 4 of the 10 biggest overall gainers on the broadcast networks, with each show adding on at least 4 million Total Viewers to their Live + Same Day numbers: S.H.I.E.L.D. (+4.50 million), Castle (+4.16 million), Modern Family (+4.09 million) and Grey's Anatomy (+4.02 million)
· The 3rd season premiere of ABC's Scandal scored the show's largest-ever increases in L+7, picking up another +1.3 rating points and +3.32 million viewers to grow to a 4.9 rating among Adults 18-49 and 13.84 million Total Viewers in the final Live + 7 Day ratings.
· Growing to a 5.4 among Adults 18-49 in the Live +7 Day ratings, ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D surged ahead of CBS' NCIS (4.7) and virtually tied NBC's The Voice (5.5 - pacing within 1-tenth of a rating point) as Tuesday's #1 TV program in the key young adult demo (in the initial L+SD ratings, S.H.I.E.L.D. finished behind the NBC unscripted series by 1.2 rating points).
· For the 2nd week in a row, ABC's Modern Family (6.2) moved ahead of both editions of NBC's The Voice in the L+7 numbers, leading the Monday edition by 7% among Adults 18-49 (5.8) and the Tuesday edition by 13% (5.5).
· In Wednesday's 10pm hour, ABC's Nashville delivered bigger playback gains among Adults 18-49 than CBS' CSI (+1.3 rating points vs. +1.1 rating points) to move into a tie with the veteran CBS drama (3.2 rating), after finishing 3-tenths behind in the L+SD ratings. Growing to a 3.2 rating in the L+7 data, Nashville retained 100% of its week-earlier premiere in Adults 18-49.
· ABC's Grey's Anatomy soared to a 4.9 among Adults 18-49 in the Live +7 Day ratings, tying Scandal as Thursday's #2 TV program and #1 drama.
· In the L+7 ratings, ABC's Once Upon a Time grew by +1.2 rating points to a 3.8, moving ahead of Fox's The Simpsons (3.5) to emerge as Sunday's #1 entertainment series in Adults 18-49. In addition, ABC's Revenge grew +1.0 rating points over its L+SD Adult 18-49 number to earn a 2.9 rating in L+7, leapfrogging over The Amazing Race (2.8) to lead all 3 of CBS' entertainment series on the night (Amazing Race = 2.8, The Good Wife = 2.2, The Mentalist = 2.2).
Season-to-Date TV Playback (9/23/13-10/6/13):
Based on TV playback data for the 2013-14 season, ABC claims 2 of the Top 4 biggest gainers among Adults 18-49 on the broadcast networks, with Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tacking on +2.2 rating points and Modern Family adding on another +2.0 rating points to their Live + Same Day numbers.
· ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D. is the season's biggest gainer for any freshman series and ranks as the season's #1 new show in the Adult 18-49 demo (6.2 rating). The new ABC drama is Tuesday #1 TV show this season with Adults 18-49, defeating NBC's The Voice by 11% (6.2 vs. 5.6).
· ABC's Modern Family is the new season's #2 scripted series among Adults 18-49 (6.2), tied with S.H.I.E.L.D.
Source: The Nielsen Company, as dated. Network averages based on all programming. Program rankers based on regular, original telecasts only.