CBS WINS WEEK IN VIEWERS BY THE LARGEST MARGIN OF ANY NETWORK THIS SEASON (+2.80M)
CBS Also First in Adults 25-54
"The Good Wife" Delivers its Largest Audience Since April 2012
CBS Has Five of the Top 10 Programs Including #1 NCIS
CBS won the week by +2.80 million viewers, the largest margin of victory by any network this season and was also first in adults 25-54, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Nov. 3.
CBS had five of the week's top 10 programs, led by #1 NCIS, #4 60 MINUTES, #5 NCIS: LOS ANGELES, #9 PERSON OF INTEREST and #10 THE BIG BANG THEORY (R).
CBS also had the top five scripted broadcasts in viewers - NCIS, NCIS: LOS ANGELES, PERSON OF INTEREST, THE BIG BANG THEORY (R) and BLUE BLOODS.
The Network had the top three new comedies - THE MILLERS, THE CRAZY ONES and MOM - as well as the top three overall comedies in viewers - two rebroadcasts of THE BIG BANG THEORY and THE MILLERS.
CBS Weekly Highlights:
THE GOOD WIFE
· THE GOOD WIFE (10.22m) posted its largest audience since April 22, 2012, and matched season highs in both adults 25-54 (2.4/06) and adults 18-49 (1.6/04).
· NCIS was first in viewers (19.30m), adults 25-54 (4.5/12) and adults 18-49 (3.0/09). Compared to last week, NCIS was up +5% in adults 25-54 (from 4.3/11), even in adults 18-49 and added +310,000 viewers (from 18.99m, +2%).
NCIS: LOS ANGELES
· NCIS: LOS ANGELES was first in viewers (14.90m) and second in adults 25-54 (3.6/08) and adults 18-49 (2.6/07). Compared to last week, NCIS: LOS ANGELES was up +6% in adults 25-54 (from 3.4/08) and +4% in adults 18-49 (from 2.5/07).
· THE MILLERS was first in viewers (9.67m), adults 25-54 (3.1/09) and a tied for first in adults 18-49 (2.1/07, with ABC).
· 60 MINUTES (7:59-8:59 PM) was first in viewers (15.81m) and second in both adults 25-54 (4.3/09) and adults 18-49 (3.2/08), its best deliveries in these measures since October 6, 2013.
THE AMAZING RACE
· THE AMAZING RACE posted its second-best deliveries of the season in viewers (9.38m), adults 25-54 (2.9/06) and adults 18-49 (2.1/05) behind the Oct. 6, 2013 broadcast.
· CBS's NFL run-over from 7:00 PM-7:59 PM delivered a 16.5/27 with 27.87m viewers, 10.2/26 in adults 25-54 and 8.6/25 in adults 18-49.
Prime averages are based on the following hours of rated broadcasts in Week #6
CBS - 22 hours
NBC - 21-1/2 hours
ABC - 22 hours
FOX - 18 hours, 5 minutes
Editor's Note: Television viewing on platforms such as DVR, video-on-demand and online streaming continues to grow at a fast pace. Last season during premiere week, Live+7 CBS audiences grew 20% over Live+SD in total viewers, up from 17% in 2012. In A18-49, Live+7 levels grew 29% from Live+SD, up from 23% one year ago. Additionally, many CBS shows experienced as much as a 50% increase in total viewers once full 30-day multi-platform audiences were accounted for. In an effort to quantify how much non-linear viewing adds to Live+SD audiences, CBS Research will provide estimates for series which will include DVR playback as well as multi-platform viewership.