Live + 7 Ratings: ABC Claims the Most Top 10 Playback Gainers for the 4th Week in a Row
Live + 7 Day Ratings for the week of 10/21/13 (Week #5):
Based on Nielsen's TV playback data among Adults 18-49, ABC shot up to a 2.4 rating among Adults 18-49 in the final Live + 7 numbers, growing 41% over its Live + Same Day number to stand as the week's biggest percentage gainer for the 2nd week in a row among the major networks.
For the 4th straight week, ABC claimed the most Top 10 playback gainers of any broadcast network. The Net had 5 of the week's 10 biggest gainers in both Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers, with Grey's Anatomy (+1.8 rating points and +3.9 million), Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (+1.7 rating points and +3.8 million), Modern Family (+1.7 rating points and +3.9 million), Scandal (+1.6 rating points and +4.0 million) and Castle (+1.4 rating points and +4.7 million). In addition, among Adults 18-49, Scandal (+1.6 rating points) and Castle (+1.4 rating points) were 2 of the week's 3 biggest 10pm series gainers on the broadcast nets.
Posting its biggest lift yet this season, ABC's Revenge catapulted 79% over its Live+SD Adult 18-49 rating to rank as the week's 2nd-biggest percentage gainer on the major networks. In fact, Castle (+74%), The Goldbergs (+47%) and Scandal (+55%) also delivered their biggest playback gains among Adults 18-49 so far this season.
· For the 4th week in a row, ABC's Scandal delivered a new high in TV playback, adding on another +4.0 million viewers to grow to 12.6 million Total Viewers in the final Live + 7 Day ratings. In addition, Scandal matched last week's series-high lift in Adults 18-49, picking up +1.6 rating points in the L+7 numbers.
· Castle scored the show's largest-ever playback increases in L+7 in Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers, adding on another +1.4 rating points and +4.7 million viewers to build to a 3.3 rating and 15.3 million viewers in the final Live + 7 Day ratings.
In the final Live + 7 Day ratings, ABC delivered 4 of the week's Top 10 highest-rated broadcast series in Adults 18-49 (versus 1 in the initial Live+SD ratings): Modern Family (5.6 rating) - #3 (up from #6), Grey's Anatomy (4.6) - #8 (up from #12), Scandal (4.5) - #9 (up from #11) and S.H.I.E.L.D. (4.4) - #10 (up from #13).
· ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D. moved ahead of NCIS in the final L+7 ratings to beat the CBS drama by 5% among Adults 18-49 (4.4 vs. 4.2). Initially in the Live + Same Day ratings, the ABC drama was 4-tenths of a rating point behind NCIS.
Season-to-Date TV Playback (9/23/13-10/27/13):
Based on TV playback data for the 2013-14 season, ABC claims 4 of the Top 10 biggest gainers among Adults 18-49 on the broadcast networks (the most for any network): Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (+1.9 rating points), Modern Family (+1.9 rating points), Grey's Anatomy (+1.8 rating points) and Scandal (+1.5 rating points).
· S.H.I.E.L.D ranks as the season's #1 new show and #1 broadcast drama in the key young adult demo (5.2 rating-tied with NBC's The Blacklist). The new ABC drama is also Tuesday's #1 TV show this season with Adults 18-49, beating NBC's The Voice by 6% (5.2 vs. 4.9).
· ABC's Modern Family is the season's #2 scripted series among Adults 18-49 on the broadcast networks (5.9 rating).
Source: The Nielsen Company, as dated. Network averages based on all programming. Program rankers based on regular, original telecasts only.