Ratings Highlights November 4-10, 2013 - Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Nears Two-and-a-Half Years As TV's
#1 Total Day Network in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
~Series Finale of "Shake It Up" is TV's #1 Telecast With Kids 6-11/Tweens
24-hour Disney Junior Channel is TV's #1 Preschool Dedicated Network
for the 32nd Consecutive Week in Target Preschoolers 2-5,
Delivers #2 Week on Record in Total Viewers
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
For the week of November 4, 2013, powered by Sunday's originals, most notably the series' finale of "Shake It Up," Disney Channel extended its streak as TV's #1 Total Day network to 126 consecutive weeks among Kids 6-11 (508,000/2.1 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (479,000/2.0 rating), marking close to two-and-a-half years at #1 in the core kid demographics (dates back to week of 6/13/11).
Disney Channel towered over Nickelodeon by at least double digits for the 105th week in a row in Kids 6-11 (+19% - 508,000 vs. 426,000) and for the 107th consecutive week in Tweens 9-14 (+69% - 479,000 vs. 283,000) - dates back to week of 11/7/11 and 10/24/11, respectively.
In Prime, Disney Channel was cable TV's #1 network for the 443rd consecutive week among Kids 6-11 (869,000/3.7 rating - 8+ years) and 180th week in a row in Tweens 9-14 (793,000/3.3 rating - 3+ years).
· The series finale of "Shake It Up" (Sun., 9:00 - 9:30p.m.) ranked as the week's #1 TV telecast in Kids 6-11 (1.4 million/6.0 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.5 million/6.1 rating).
· Disney Channel owned TV's 6 TV telecasts in Kids 6-11 and Top 10 in Tweens - (Top 5 below):
24-Hour Disney Junior Channel
The 24-hour Disney Junior channel ranked as TV's #1 preschool-exclusive network in Total Day for the 32nd consecutive week with Kids 2-5 (222,000/1.4 rating) and Boys 2-5 (114,000/1.4 rating) - each week since reporting ratings publicly on 4/1/13 - for the 16th straight week in Girls 2-5 (109,000/1.4 rating), for the 21st week in a row in Women 18-49 (98,000) and for the 31st time in the previous 32 weeks in Total Viewers (461,000).
Impressively, Disney Junior channel surged by double digits, week to week, across all target demos, posting its #2 week on record in Total Viewers and Women 18-49, and its 4th-most-watched week to date in Kids 2-5 and Girls 2-5.
Week to week, the network grew by solid margins across target categories, including by 13% in Total Viewers (461,000 vs. 409,000) and by 10% in Kids 2-5 (222,000 vs. 201,000).
· Disney Junior channel surpassed Nick Jr. for the 32nd week in a row in Kids 2-5 (+22% - 222,000 vs. 182,000) and Boys 2-5 (+41% - 114,000 vs. 81,000), for the 15th consecutive week in Girls 2-5 (+8% - 109,000 vs. 101,000), for the 20th week running in Women 18-49 (+40% - 98,000 vs. 70,000) and for the 31st time in the prior 32 weeks in Total Viewers (+30% - 461,000 vs. 354,000), despite being in 13.1 million fewer homes.
· Disney Junior channel out-delivered Sprout by its largest margin on record, more than tripling the network in Total Viewers (+207% - 461,000 vs. 150,000) and Kids 2-5 (+270% - 222,000 vs. 60,000), and delivered its second-largest margin to date in Girls 2-5 (+241% - 109,000 vs. 32,000).
· Notably, this marked Disney Junior channel's 32nd consecutive week topping Sprout by triple digits in Total Viewers, Kids 2-5 and Boys 2-5 (+293% - 114,000 vs. 29,000).
Source: NTI, U.S. ratings. Week of 11/4/13-11/10/13, Live + Same Day; Pre-K series ranks based on regularly scheduled series. Streaks include ties based on rating.