NLCS GAME 3 KEEPS MOMENTUM GOING FOR FOX SPORTS 1, AMERICA'S FASTEST GROWING NETWORK
FOX Sports GO Posts Biggest Day of Postseason-to-Date
New York - Earlier today it was announced that FOX Sports 1, powered this month by record-breaking audiences generated by MLB postseason coverage, is the fastest growing network in television since the 2014-15 television season began, according to Nielsen. As FOX Sports 1's MLB postseason ride continues, so does the channel's positive momentum.
Yesterday afternoon, Game 3 of the National League Championship Series, presented by T-Mobile, saw the San Francisco Giants take a two-games-to-one lead over the St. Louis Cardinals with a 5-4 walk-off 10th inning victory. The game delivered 2,779,000 viewers according to final national figures reported today by Nielsen, and FOX Sports 1 was the No. 1 ad supported cable network between 4:00-8:00 PM ET averaging 2,579,000 viewers. Additional highlights follow:
· NLCS Game 3, with 2.779 million viewers, is the second most-watched weekday daytime event on FOX Sports 1, and the third most-watched daytime event ever. Only Dodgers/Cardinals NLDS Game 4 and Giants/Nationals NLDS Game 2 drew bigger daytime audiences.
· The audience for NLCS Game 3 grew in each half hour and viewership peaked in the final half hour at 4,546,000 viewers. In terms of peak audiences, only NLCS Game 2 (5.7 million), Cardinals/Dodgers NLDS Game 4 (5.0 million) and Cardinals/Dodgers NLDS Game 1 (4.6 million) had bigger peak audiences on FOX Sports 1.
· FOX Sports 1's top three, six of its top 10, and seven of its top 12 shows are 2014 MLB postseason games, led by Giants/Cardinals NLCS Game 2 on Sunday night, which averaged 4.367 million viewers.
· St. Louis led all markets, posting a 19.3, while San Francisco followed with an 8.3.
· FOX Sports GO attracted more viewers for NLCS Game 3 than any game this postseason. The app's previous record was for NLDS Game 2, an 18-inning game between the Giants and the Nationals. FOX Sports GO's viewership peaked from 6:00-7:00 PM ET.