WORLD SERIES DELIVERS FOX WEEKLY PRIME-TIME VICTORY
Crown Includes Young Adults & Teens
Network's Best Week in Prime Time since February
San Francisco - Last night in World Series Game 5 on FOX, San Francisco Giants starter Madison Bumgarner pitched the first complete game shutout in the Fall Classic since 2003, beating the Kansas City Royals 5-0, and giving the Giants a three games to two lead as the action heads back to Kansas City for Game 6 tomorrow night (7:30 PM ET) on FOX broadcast network.
The audience for the first five games of the 2014 World Series, despite having four of the five decided by five runs or more for the first time in televised World Series history, project to deliver FOX its first weekly prime time ratings win in Adults 18-49 this season and the network's first weekly win since February, along with victories in most key demographic measures, including Adults 18-34 and Teens.
World Series Game 5 between the Royals and Giants posted a 7.3/12 household rating/share with 12.6 million viewers, according to fast nationals issued by Nielsen, +16% in rating and +18% in audience compared to Game 4 (see below). Only Game 2 posted a larger audience (12.9 million). See additional highlights:
· All five World Series games last week are projected to rank among broadcast television's top 10.
· The first five games of the World Series averaged a 3.1 in Adults 18-49 and has increased FOX's season-to-date average in that key demographic +15% (2.3 vs. 2.0).
· As a prime-time series on a live basis, the World Series ranks No. 4 among all broadcast entertainment programs.
· When combined with FOX Deportes, Game 5 attracted 12.8 million viewers, second only to Game 2 (13.2 million) in this World Series.
· Locally, Kansas City again led all markets, posting a 48.0/64, followed by San Francisco which recorded its highest rating this MLB postseason (34.1/58).
· The game peaked with a 7.7/13 from 10:00-11:00 PM ET, with 13.3 million viewers.
· Through 5 games, the World Series on FOX is averaging a 7.2/13 with 12.1 million viewers. Combined with FOX Deportes (see below), the 2014 World Series is averaging 12.3 million viewers per contest.
· FOX Deportes' coverage of Game 5 averaged 210,000 total viewers, peaking from 9:30-10:00 PM ET with 249,000 viewers. Average viewership per game is +22% (248,000 vs. 203,000) compared to last year and is on a record-setting pace.
· The World Series yesterday drove FOX Sports GO to its largest Sunday ever for authenticated viewership, and the first five games of the Series pushed FOX Sports GO to its second-best week all-time.
WORLD SERIES GAME 4 DRIVES FOX TO FOURTH PRIME TIME OF SERIES;
NETWORK'S BEST SATURDAY PROGRAM NIGHT SINCE DEC. 2013
On Saturday night, the San Francisco Giants tied the 2014 World Series at two games each scoring 10 unanswered runs in an 11-4 win over the Kansas City Royals. The game posted a 6.3/12 household rating/share with 10.7 million viewers according to fast nationals issued by Nielsen. The Game 4 broadcast ranks as FOX's highest-rated and most-watched telecast on a Saturday night since December 2013, and projects to easily rank as the top-rated sports event of the day. Additional highlights follow:
· FOX averaged a 6.3/12 in prime time (8:03-11:00 PM ET) and is projected to easily win the night in prime time among households and also projects to win the night in Adults 18-49, the fourth victory for the 2014 World Series on FOX.
· Game 4 on FOX finished +3% in rating and +2% in audience compared to Game 3 in 2012 which was also played on a Saturday night and featured the San Francisco Giants (6.1/11, 10.5 million). Game 4 this year combined with FOX Deportes to average 11.0 million viewers, +5% compared to 2012 Game 3 on FOX alone (10.5 million).
· Ratings peaked at 7.3/14 from 10:30-11:00 PM ET as the Giants opened up what appeared to be an insurmountable lead.
· As has been the norm, Kansas City led all local markets posting a 43.6/67, followed by San Francisco (28.9/54).
· FOX Deportes' coverage of Game 4 averaged 246,000 total viewers, making it the second most-watched Game 4 in the channel's history. Through four games the 2014 World Series is averaging 256,000 total viewers on FOX Deportes, making it the most-watched World Series in Spanish language television history.
· Game 4 helped drive FOX Sports GO to its best Saturday ever, +4% in viewers versus the prior record-holding Saturday (10/4/14), the day of the 18-inning marathon NLDS matchup between the Giants and Nationals.