In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday Night:
· An encore telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host Chris Hemsworth and musical guest Zac Brown Band, averaged a 3.0 rating, 8 share in household results in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 1.4/6 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
· It's the show's top rebroadcast in both measures since Feb. 21 (with host and musical guest Blake Shelton, 3.1/8 in metered-market households, 1.4/7 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters). Versus the same night last year, "SNL" is up +11% in metered-market households (3.0/8 vs. 2.7/7) and up +17% in 18-49 in the Local People Meters (1.4/7 vs. 1.2/6).
· The "SNL" rebroadcast is the #1 telecast of the night on the Big 4 networks in adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters, ahead of all primetime programs on those nets in that key measure.
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals this season growing by an average of +43% going from "live plus same day ratings" to "live plus seven day" in adults 18-49 (from a 1.91 rating to a 2.74).
Saturday Primetime Results:
· Regarding Saturday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to updates for live sporting events. As those preliminary numbers stand, NBC Sports 8-11 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Playoff hockey ranks #1 for the night in adults 18-49 among the Big 4 networks and is also #1 among those nets in adults 18-34, adults 25-54 and all key adult-male demos. In these preliminary numbers, Stanley Cup Playoff hockey grows by +140% from its first half-hour to its sixth in adults 18-49 (from a 0.5 rating to a 1.2) and by +67% or 1.4 million persons in total viewers (2.1 million to 3.5 million).
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 8-11 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Playoff hockey, featuring the Nashville Predators at the Chicago Blackhawks, posted a 1.8 rating, 3 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research.
· NBC Sports' NHL coverage grew versus the prior week by +7% (1.8/3 vs. 1.7/3) to match NBC's top Saturday average in metered-market households since March 14 (2.6/5 with "Dateline Saturday Night Mystery" and "SNL Vintage").
· Last night's Stanley Cup Playoff hockey ranked #1 among the Big 4 networks in adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters (with a 1.1 rating, 4 share from 8-11 p.m. in those 25 LPM markets).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" unless otherwise indicated.