Saturday Primetime Results:
· Regarding Saturday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to updates for live sporting events. As those preliminary numbers stand, NBC, featuring coverage of NHL Stanley Cup Final hockey, dominated the night in all key measures - adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, plus total viewers. In fact, in these preliminary numbers, subject to adjustment, NBC is beating the combined primetime averages of ABC, CBS and Fox in adults 18-49 (1.5 vs. a combined 1.4).
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 8:15-11 p.m. ET coverage of NHL Stanley Cup Final hockey, featuring the Chicago Blackhawks at the Tampa Bay Lightning, dominated the night with a 3.82 rating, 8 share in metered-market households, including a 26.2 rating in Chicago and a 14.3 in Tampa.
· Top local markets for Game 5 in metered-market households: Chicago (26.2), Tampa (14.3), Buffalo (7.1), Milwaukee (6.4), Minneapolis-St. Paul (5.4).
· NBC ranked #1 in primetime in metered-market households (3.7/8 from 8-11 p.m.). NBC also dominated among the Big 4 networks in adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters (with a 2.4 rating, 11 share from 8-11 p.m. in those 25 LPM markets), doubling the combined ratings of ABC, CBS and Fox (2.4 vs. a combined 1.2).
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday Night:
· An encore telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host Martin Freeman and musical guest Charli XCX, averaged a 2.5 rating, 7 share in household results in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 1.0/5 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
· Versus the same night last year, the "SNL" rebroadcast is up +4% in metered-market households (2.5 vs. 2.4) and up +11% in 18-49 in the Local People Meters (1.0 vs. 0.9).
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals this season growing by an average of +44% going from "live plus same day ratings" to "live plus seven day" in adults 18-49 (from a 1.84 rating to a 2.65).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" unless otherwise indicated.