In Late-Night Metered-Market Results for Saturday Night:
· An encore "Saturday Night Live," with host Taraji P. Henson and musical guest Mumford and Sons, averaged a 2.5 rating, 7 share in household results in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 0.9/5 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters, matching the show's highest metered-market household rating in 10 weeks (since June 20, with host and musical guest Blake Shelton, 2.7/7). Over that span, "SNL" also earned a 2.5 on July 18 (with host Kevin Hart and musical guest Sia).
· It's the third straight week "SNL" has grown in metered-market households (from a 2.2 on Aug. 8 to a 2.3 on Aug. 15 to a 2.4 on Aug. 22 to a 2.5 on Aug. 29).
· Last night's "SNL" was the #1 non-sports program of the night on the Big 4 networks in metered-market households and adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters, beating all the night's primetime entertainment programming on those networks in both measures.
· Versus the same night last year, "SNL" was up +9% in 18-49 (2.5 vs. 2.3) and up +13% in 18-49 in the Local People Meters (0.9 vs. 0.8).
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals this season growing by an average of +44% going from "live plus same day ratings" to "live plus seven day" in adults 18-49 (from a 1.84 rating to a 2.65).
Saturday Primetime Results:
· Currently available fast-affiliate ratings are subject to significant revision due to numerous local preemptions for NFL preseason coverage. Accurate official-national results for Saturday night are due from Nielsen Tuesday morning.
NOTE: Primetime results are based on "fast affiliate time period" data from Nielsen Media Research. All ratings are "live plus same day" unless otherwise indicated.