Thursday Primetime Results:
Regarding this morning's Nielsens, remember that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently a dominant #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in every key ratings category, including adult-female demos, in the fast-affiliate ratings.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports coverage of last night's Pittsburgh Steelers-New England Patriots NFL Kickoff game averaged a 17.7 rating, 30 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research, to match the highest NFL Kickoff overnight rating ever -- tying the Vikings-Saints matchup in 2010 (17.7/28), which featured Brett Favre and was a rematch of the prior season's dramatic NFC Championship Game.
· The Patriots win over Steelers on NBC is up +5% versus last year (16.8/28 for Packers-Seahawks) and up +9% from 2013 (16.2 for Ravens-Broncos).
· Top local ratings for the Pittsburgh-New England game on NBC were: Boston, 39.5/62; Pittsburgh, 34.5/51; Providence, 34.1/51; Baltimore, 24.4/39; Richmond, 23.9/36; Norfolk, 23.4/37; Buffalo, 23.2/37; West Palm Beach, 22.4/39; Cleveland, 21.7/33; and Denver 21.7/38.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday Night:
Thursday's "Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" (delayed by a primetime NFL overrun):
· Grew night to night for a second straight night in metered-market households (2.4 on Tuesday, 3.1 on Wednesday, 3.3 on Thursday) and for the first time tied CBS's "Late Show with Stephen Colbert" (3.3).
· Note that on the prior night, "Tonight" rose in nationals to top "Late Show" in total viewers.
· Grew night to night for a second straight night in 18-49 in the local people meters (0.8 on Tuesday, 1.2 on Wednesday, 1.4 on Thursday) to outscore CBS's "Late Show with Stephen Colbert" (0.8) for a second straight night after Colbert had nearly doubled "Tonight" with its Tuesday debut.
· Scored the show's highest metered-market household rating for a Thursday (3.3) in five months (since April 9, 3.3).
· Jumped +27% above its summer average through Sept. 7 (3.3 vs. 2.6).
Jimmy Fallon's guests Thursday included Andy Samberg and Carrie Underwood.
Thursday's "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (delayed by a primetime NFL overrun):
· Grew night to night for a second straight night in metered-market households (1.1 on Tuesday, 1.4 on Wednesday, 1.8 on Thursday) to win the time period for a second straight night.
· Grew night to night for a second straight night in 18-49 in the local people meters (0.4 on Tuesday, 0.5 on Wednesday, 0.7 on Thursday) to win the time period for a third straight night (including a Tuesday tie).
· Jumped +50% above its summer average through Sept. 7 (1.8 vs. 1.2).
Seth Meyers' guests Thursday included Neil Patrick Harris, New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio and musical guest Panic! At the Disco
· In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 3.3/11 delayed by an NFL overrun; "Late Show with Stephen Colbert," 3.3/8; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.8/5.
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 1.4/10 delayed by an NFL overrun; "Late Show," 0.8/4; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/3.
· From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.1/4 in metered-market households and a 0.3/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
· From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.8/8 in metered-market households delayed by an NFL overrun) beat CBS's "Late Late Show" (1.3/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.7/6 in 18-49 delayed by an NFL overrun) topped "Late Late Show" (0.3/2).
· At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 1.2/6 delayed by an NFL overrun in metered-market households and a 0.5/5 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: Primetime results are based on "fast affiliate time period" data from Nielsen Media Research. All ratings are "live plus same day" unless otherwise indicated.