College Football Week 9: ABC's Notre Dame at Temple is Most-Watched Game
· ESPN/ABC Televises Six of Seven Most-Watched Games, All Networks
· ESPN Airs its Most-Watched Noon Game of the Year
· Michigan at Minnesota Delivers on WatchESPN
ABC's Saturday Night Football featuring then-No. 9 Notre Dame at No. 21 Temple (8 p.m. ET) was the most-watched college football game of week 9 across all networks, averaging 5,977,000 viewers. The Fighting Irish-Owls' viewership was up 28% over Ohio State at Penn State (4,674,000 viewers), 2014's week 9 Saturday Night Football matchup.
Throughout all of week 9, ESPN/ABC televised six of the seven most-watched games*. No. 15 Michigan at Minnesota averaged 3,681,000 viewers, college football's third-most watched game of week 9 across all networks. Additionally, the Big Ten matchup was the most-streamed game of the week on WatchESPN with 85,000 average minute impressions in addition to the TV audience and a total of 430,000 unique viewers accounting for 19,024,000 minutes viewed. Across the entire slate, college football on WatchESPN was viewed on 1,700,000 unique devices that streamed 140,800,000 minutes, up 87% and 95%, respectively, over 2014's week 9.
Additional Week 9 Highlights
· No. 19 Ole Miss at Auburn was ESPN's most-watched noon game of the college football season, averaging 3,495,000 viewers. Additionally, the SEC matchup was up 14% over last season's same window (Texas at Kansas State).
· No. 12 Oklahoma State at Texas Tech (ESPN at 3:30 p.m.) garnered 2,513,000 viewers, up 42% from 2014's same window (West Virginia at Oklahoma State).
· No. 8 Stanford at Washington State, ESPN's week 9 capper, (10 p.m.), averaged 2,306,000 viewers, up 31% from the same window last season (Arizona State at Washington).
*Please note: Syracuse at No. 17 Florida State (noon on ABC) television viewership number is not available until Thur., Nov. 5, and thus not accounted for in this release. All individual games referenced were on Sat., Oct. 31, and comparable year-over-year games were Sat., Oct. 25, 2014.