In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday night:
· An encore telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host Matthew McConaughey and musical guest Adele (2.9/7 in metered-market households, 1.2/6 in adults 18-49 in the local people meters) matched the show's highest 18-49 rating in the local people meters for a rebroadcast since May.
· In the 25 markets with local people meters, the 1.2 for last night's "Saturday Night Live" equaled the show's best rating for an encore since May 30 (1.3/6 with host Cameron Diaz and musical guests Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars).
· Versus the same night last year, "Saturday Night Live" grew by +12% in metered-market households (2.9 vs. 2.6) and +9% in 18-49 in the local people meters (1.2 vs. 1.1)
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, growing by +49% this season going from "live plus same day" to "live plus seven day" ratings in national adult 18-49 results (from a 1.83 rating to a 2.73), and by +2.2 million viewers overall (6.2 million to 8.4 million).
Saturday Primetime Results:
A rebroadcast of "The Sound of Music Live!" (0.3/1 in 18-49, 1.7 million viewers overall from 8-11 p.m. ET):
· Is up versus the year-ago encore in total viewers (1.706 million vs. 1.685 million).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.