Ratings Report: Week of December 28, 2015
(National Live + Same Day Program Ratings)
"LIVE with Kelly and Michael" Is Up for the 3rd-Straight Week to New Season Highs
"LIVE" Is the Week's No. 1 Syndicated Talk Show for the 2nd Week in a Row
"LIVE with Kelly and Michael" Grows Over the Year-Ago New Year's Week
"LIVE" Posts the Season's Highest-Rated Week of Any Syndie Talker in Women 25-54
"LIVE" Scores at Least a 3.0 Rating in Homes on Each Telecast of the Week
"LIVE"'s Viewers' Choice Show on Tuesday Delivers Season Highs
"LIVE with Kelly and Michael"
During the week of December 28, 2015, "LIVE with Kelly and Michael" grew for the 3rd-straight week in Households (+10% - 3.4 rating vs. 3.1 rating) and Women 25-54 (+6% - 1.8 rating vs. 1.7 rating) to deliver new season highs and its highest-rated week since last February - since the weeks of 2/23/15 and 2/16/15, respectively. "LIVE" was also up for the 2nd week in a row in Total Viewers (+11% - 4.759 million vs. 4.278 million) to draw its biggest weekly audience in nearly 2 years - since the week of 2/3/14.
· "LIVE with Kelly and Michael" ranked as the week's No. 1 syndicated talk show for the 2nd week running in Households (3.4 rating), Total Viewers (4.759 million) and Women 25-54 (1.8 rating).
· "LIVE" posted gains over last year's New Year's week (w/o 12/29/14) of 10% in Households, 10% in Total Viewers and 6% in Women 25-54.
· With a 1.8 rating among Women 25-54, "LIVE" delivered the highest-rated week of any syndicated talk show this season.
· "LIVE" delivered at least a 3.0 rating in Households on all 4 telecasts of the week: Monday - 3.4, Tuesday - 3.6, Wednesday - 3.2, Thursday - 3.4.
· "LIVE's Viewers' Choice End of the Year Show" on Tuesday (12/29/15) scored a strong 3.6 rating in Homes, 4.949 million Total Viewers and a 2.0 rating among Women 25-54 to stand as the show's strongest telecast on any day so far this season.
Please note: Due to the New Year's Day holiday, "LIVE" was coded as a special on Friday and is excluded from the show's weekly average.
On average for the 2015-16 season to date, "LIVE" stands as the No. 2 syndicated talk show in Households (2.8 rating), Total Viewers (3.805 million) and Women 25-54 (1.4 rating), outperforming "Ellen" (2.5 rating, 3.420 million and 1.3 rating, respectively) in all three Nielsen measures.
"LIVE with Kelly and Michael" is distributed in national syndication by Disney|ABC Home Entertainment and TV Distribution. The show is produced by WABC-TV in New York and executive produced by Michael Gelman. Visit "LIVE" on the web at LIVEKellyandMichael.com, on Facebook, or follow "LIVE" on Twitter and Instagram, @KellyandMichael.
Source: The Nielsen Company, National Live + Same Day Program Ratings, weeks of 12/28/15, 12/21/15 & 12/29/14 and 2015-16 season=9/14/15-1/3/16.