College Football Week 6: ESPN/ABC Televises Four of Five Highest Overnights Across All Networks
· ABC's Saturday Night Football Sees Overnight Increase Despite Missing Market Data
· Alabama-Arkansas and Indiana-Ohio State Deliver on ESPN
· Crimson Tide-Razorbacks Matchup is ESPN's Most-Streamed Game of the Week
ESPN/ABC televised four of the five highest overnights in college football's week 6 across all networks. ABC's Saturday Night Football featuring Florida State at Miami (8 p.m.) earned a 3.2 overnight despite no data from key markets due to Hurricane Matthew*. Even so, the 3.2 overnight was up 19% from last season's Seminoles-Hurricanes matchup (2.7 overnight), which was also ABC's Saturday Night Football game in week 6. Last night's SNF streaming audience had 399,000 unique viewers and 15,224,000 minutes viewed, up 105% and 106%, respectively, from last season's ACC matchup.
*Six markets missing data: Charlotte, Jacksonville, Norfolk, Orlando, Raleigh-Durham, and West Palm Beach
Additional Highlights in Week 6:
· Alabama at Arkansas (7 p.m. on ESPN): Earned a 2.4 overnight and was ESPN's most-streamed game of the week with an average minute audience of 95,000 viewers and a total of 485,000 unique viewers watching 21,273,000 minutes.
· The 2.4 overnight is a top 5 overnight for ESPN this season and tied as the best overnight since kickoff week:
Top 5 ESPN Overnights (2016 Season)
Rank Overnight Game Date Network Time (ET)
1. 5.3 Ole Miss vs. Florida State Monday, Sept. 5 ESPN 8 p.m.
2, 2.8 Clemson at Auburn Saturday, Sept. 3 ESPN 9 p.m.
3, 2.4 LSU at Auburn Saturday, Sept. 24 ESPN 6 p.m.
2.4 Stanford at Washington Friday, Sept. 30 ESPN 9 p.m.
2.4 Alabama at Arkansas Saturday, Oct. 8 ESPN 7 p.m.
· Indiana at Ohio State (3:30 p.m. on ESPN): A 2.3 overnight, up 44% from the 2015 comparable window (LSU vs. South Carolina).
Please note: All ESPN streaming information is preliminary and is expected to change with further procession. Final numbers will be available this week.