HALLMARK CHANNEL'S "COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS" HOLIDAY EVENT CONTINUES TO DOMINATE CABLE TV VIEWING
New Original Movie Premieres Propel Network to be Most Watched, Highest Rated for Entire Weekend Among Households, Women 25-54, Women 18-49, Total Viewers
Since "Countdown to Christmas" Event Launch, Hallmark Channel is Most-Watched Cable TV Network Among Women 25-54
New York, NY, November 22 - Hallmark Channel continues to lead holiday season TV viewing with its most recent original movie premieres, "My Christmas Dream" (Saturday, November 19) and "A December Bride" (Sunday, November 20). The films powered the network to be the most-watched and highest-rated cable TV network for the entire weekend among Households, Women 25-54, Women 18-49 and Total Viewers. Over the 23 days since the launch of the network's perennially popular "Countdown to Christmas" event, Hallmark Channel is the most-watched cable network among Women 25-54 as well as the highest rated and most watched among Households and Total Viewers in the Saturday-Sunday 8-10 p.m. time period.
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' own programming celebration, the "Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas," also drew a large audience with the new, original world premiere "Operation Christmas" (Sunday, November 20) scoring as the second most-watched telecast in network history among Women 18-49, Women 25-54, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Channel
· "My Christmas Dream" earned a 3.9 HH rating and 4.5 million Total Viewers
· Original movie became Hallmark Channel's highest-rated and most-watched telecast of 2016 among HH, W25-54 and Total Viewers
· "My Christmas Dream" was the most-watched and highest-rated program of the day among W25-54
· In the Saturday 8 p.m. time period, the original movie propelled Hallmark Channel to be the highest-rated and most-watched network among HH and all key demographics
· "A December Bride" averaged a 3.6 HH rating and 4.3 million Total Viewers
· Original movie became the network's highest-rated and most-watched telecast of 2016 among W18-49, A18-49, and A25-54
· In the Sunday 8 p.m. time period, the original movie catapulted the network to rank #2 among ratings and delivery for HH and all key demographics
· "My Christmas Dream" and "A December Bride" were Saturday and Sunday's most social original movie premieres on broadcast or ad-supported cable, attracting the most Unique People and the most Social Media Interactions across Facebook and Twitter combined
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
· "Operation Christmas" averaged a 1.7 HH rating and 1.5 million Total Viewers
· Premiere marked Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' 2nd most-watched telecast in network history among W18-49, W25-54, A18-49 and A25-54
· Original movie was Sunday's 2nd most social original movie premiere on broadcast or ad-supported cable attracting the most Unique People and the most Social Media Interactions across Facebook and Twitter combined
Source: Nielsen, November 14-20; Nielsen Social Content Ratings, 11/14 - 11/20/16; Nielsen (10/28-11/20/16 vs. 10/30-11/22/15) Live+SD impressions, M-Su 6a - 6a, excludes Fri 6a-10p on 10/28/16 and Fri 6a-8p on 10/30/15.
ABOUT CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS
Crown Media Family Networks is the umbrella unit subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc., housing cable's leading family friendly networks, Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, as well as their corresponding digital extensions HallmarkChannel.com and HallmarkMoviesandMysteries.com. The company operates and distributes both channels in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) with Hallmark Channel available to 90 million subscribers and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries in 67 million homes in the United States. Hallmark Channel features an ambitious slate of new, original content, including movies; scripted series, such as "When Calls the Heart," and "Good Witch" and "Chesapeake Shores"; annual specials including "Hero Dog Awards" and "Kitten Bowl"; world premieres of Hallmark Hall of Fame presentations, and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, "Home & Family." Hallmark Channel is also home to the popular annual holiday franchise "Countdown to Christmas," featuring a lineup of 24/7 holiday programming. Rounding out the network's lineup are television's most beloved comedy and drama series, including "The Golden Girls," "The Middle," "Frasier," "Last Man Standing" and "Home Improvement." Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is a separate 24-hour, digital cable network featuring a unique mix of new, original movies and acquired series focused on the lighter side of the suspense and mystery genres. The network also features its own annual holiday programming franchise, "Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas," as well as presentations from the multi-award-winning Hallmark Hall of Fame library.
Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter