[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[05/25/19 - 02:12 PM]
Video: "Divorce" - Season 3 - Official Teaser - HBO
Sarah Jessica Parker and Thomas Haden Church return for a new season on Monday, July 1.

[05/23/19 - 10:00 AM]
Video: CBS All Access Reveals Teaser Trailer and Key Art for "Star Trek: Picard"
The series features Sir Patrick Stewart reprising his iconic role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on "Star Trek: The Next Generation."

[05/23/19 - 07:50 AM]
Video: Trailer & Key Art Debut - Who is the Black Godfather? The Story of the Original Influencer Clarence Avant
Reginald Hudlin's new documentary film premieres Friday, June 7 on Netflix.

[05/22/19 - 11:01 AM]
Video: "Claws" Official Season 3 Trailer Revealed
The series returns for season three on Sunday, June 9 at 9:00/8:00c on TNT.

[05/22/19 - 10:25 AM]
Video: OWN Unveils Season Four Trailer and Key Art of the Critically-Acclaimed Drama Series "Queen Sugar" from Ava DuVernay
The contemporary drama series is back for the fourth consecutive year, following the Bordelon family as they discover Nova (Rutina Wesley) is publishing her memoir which divulges long-held family secrets.

[05/22/19 - 09:00 AM]
Video: WE tv Releases the Highly Anticipated "Growing Up Hip Hop: Atlanta" Sneak Peek
Season three kicks off Thursday, June 13 at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[05/22/19 - 07:30 AM]
Video: Date Announce & First Look - "Orange Is the New Black" Seventh and Final Season
The show's swan song will drop Friday, July 26 on Netflix.

[05/21/19 - 07:48 AM]
Video: Episode Titles & Trailers - "Black Mirror" Season 5
As previously announced, the new season rolls out Wednesday, June 5 on Netflix.

[05/21/19 - 06:01 AM]
Video: Trailer & Key Art Debut - "Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City" - Launching on Netflix June 7
Inspired by the books of Armistead Maupin, the Netflix limited series begins a new chapter in the beloved story.

[05/21/19 - 05:01 AM]
Video: Netflix Launches the Trailer for "Chopsticks"
Netflix's first Indian original film will premiere on Friday, May 31.

[05/17/19 - 02:09 AM]
Video: Netflix Launches the Trailer for Its Latest Drama Series, "Leila"
Based on author Prayaag Akbar's award-winning book of the same name, the series premieres Friday, June 14.

[05/16/19 - 11:04 AM]
Video: "Claws" Season 3 Key Art & Behind the Scenes Video Revealed!
"Claws" returns for season three on Sunday, June 9 at 9:00/8:00c on TNT.

[05/16/19 - 10:03 AM]
Video: CBS All Access Debuts "Strange Angel" Season Two Official Trailer and Key Art
The period drama explores the bizarre true story of Jack Parsons, a man who straddled the worlds of science and the occult, pioneering America's rocketry program while simultaneously practicing sex magick rituals as a devotee of Aleister Crowley's religion, Thelema.

[05/16/19 - 09:15 AM]
Video: The CW's New Series First Look Clips & Trailers
Get your first look at new dramas "Batwoman," "Katy Keene" and "Nancy Drew."

[05/16/19 - 08:02 AM]
Video: Trailer & Guests - "My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman"
Letterman welcomes Kanye West, Ellen DeGeneres, Tiffany Haddish, Lewis Hamilton, and Melinda Gates.