[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[12/04/20 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "We Can Be Heroes" Starring Priyanka Chopra & Pedro Pascal - Official Trailer - Netflix
When alien invaders capture Earth's superheroes, their kids must learn to work together to save their parents - and the planet.

[12/03/20 - 10:02 AM]
Video: "American Gods" - Season 3 Official Trailer - Starz
Destiny waits for no god: "American Gods" returns January 10.

[12/03/20 - 07:31 AM]
Video: "Firefly Lane" - Official Teaser Trailer - Netflix
Starring Katherine Heigl and Sarah Chalke and based on the bestselling novel by Kristin Hannah, the series is coming soon to Netflix.

[12/03/20 - 07:01 AM]
Video: "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" Part 4 - Official Trailer - Netflix
Sabrina's new normal quickly dissolves as menacing spirits set their sights on Greendale. In a battle of supernatural wits, who will be left standing?

[12/03/20 - 01:01 AM]
Video: "The Dig" Starring Carey Mulligan and Ralph Fiennes - Official Trailer - Netflix
As WWII looms, a wealthy widow (Carey Mulligan) hires an amateur archaeologist (Ralph Fiennes) to excavate the burial mounds on her estate.

[12/02/20 - 10:40 AM]
Video: All-New Extended Trailer for "The Masked Dancer," Premiering Sunday, December 27 on FOX!
The spin-off series will regularly air on Wednesday nights beginning January 6.

[12/02/20 - 09:56 AM]
Video: All-New Extended Trailer for "Call Me Kat," Premiering Sunday, January 3 on FOX!
As previously announced, the Mayim Bialik-led comedy premieres Sunday, January 3.

[12/02/20 - 07:01 AM]
Video: "Lupin" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Inspired by the adventures of Arsène Lupin, gentleman thief Assane Diop sets out to avenge his father for an injustice inflicted by a wealthy family.

[12/01/20 - 08:31 AM]
Video: "Song Exploder" Volume 2 - Official Trailer - Netflix
Featured artists in Volume 2 include Dua Lipa, The Killers, Nine Inch Nails and Natalia Lafourcade.

[12/01/20 - 08:16 AM]
Video: "Run the World" - Official Teaser - Starz
Head up, eyes on the prize, world domination.

[12/01/20 - 02:45 AM]
Video: "Escena en Blanco y Negro" - Official Trailer - Amazon Prime Video
Look for the streamer's latest original on Tuesday, December 15.

[12/01/20 - 01:01 AM]
Video: "How to Ruin Christmas: The Wedding" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Prodigal daughter Tumi tries to make things right after completely ruining what should have been her sister's picture-perfect Christmas wedding.

[12/01/20 - 12:01 AM]
Video: "Home for Christmas" Season 2 - Official Trailer - Netflix
Johanne settles into a promising relationship while contending with new neighbors, ex-boyfriends and her own troubled family.

[11/30/20 - 04:44 PM]
Video: "Men in Kilts" - St. Andrew's Day - Starz
The series premieres in early 2021 on the pay channel.

[11/30/20 - 12:08 PM]
Video: Showtime(R) Sports Documentary Films Offers First Look at "Macho: The Hector Camacho Story"
Premiering this Friday, December 4, the documentary debuts eight years after Camacho's fatal shooting in Bayamon, Puerto Rico.