[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[02/07/16 - 06:53 PM]
Video: CBS Debuts Humorous "CBS All Access" Commercial During "Super Bowl 50"
The 30-second commercial was directed by famed producer/writer/director Peter Farrelly.

[02/07/16 - 06:14 PM]
Video: For the First Time Ever, A Showtime(R) Spot Is Featured in the Super Bowl
The new spot, with music by Grammy(R) and Golden Globe(R)-nominated singer-songwriter Sia, was one of the only streaming service commercials to air during the game.

[02/07/16 - 04:58 PM]
Video: CBS Announces the Final Nine Episodes for "The Good Wife"
The series finale of broadcast television's most acclaimed drama will air Sunday, May 8.

[02/05/16 - 08:31 AM]
Video: David Lynch Executive Produced Netflix Original Documentary - "My Beautiful Broken Brain" Trailer and Key Art
The film follows Lotje's Sodderland's incredible story of rehabilitation and recovery from a traumatic hemorrhagic stroke.

[02/04/16 - 09:13 AM]
Video: First Trailer for the Viceland Series About the Rising Stars in Stand-Up Comedy, "Flophouse!"
Featuring comedians Clare O'Kane, Solomon Georgio, Brandon Wardell (and many other very funny people) and directed by filmmaker Lance Bangs, "Flophouse" is a comedy show with all the comforts of home.

[02/04/16 - 07:14 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases Trailer and Key Art for "Cooked" Alex Gibney and Michael Pollan's New Docu-Series
The series premieres on February 16 at the Berlinale Film Festival in the Culinary Cinema Program, and launches globally on Netflix February 19.

[02/03/16 - 12:48 PM]
Video: TBS's "Full Frontal with Samantha Bee" Takes on the Iowa Caucuses
Check out some special video segments in advance of Monday's premiere.

[02/03/16 - 09:51 AM]
Video: First Look at Viceland's "Weediquette"
Krishna Andavolu hosts the series, which launches Tuesday, March 1 at 11:00/10:00c.

[02/02/16 - 10:19 AM]
Video: First Look at BET's New Series "About the Business" - Starring Eva Marcille & Crystal Renay
The newcomer premieres Wednesday, February 24 at 10:00/9:00c.

[02/02/16 - 09:34 AM]
Video: Sneak Peek at truTV's "Those Who Can't," Premiering Feb. 11 at 10:30
Fans can get a sneak peek of two episodes of the series at truTV.com.

[02/01/16 - 11:26 AM]
Video: First Promo for the Inspirational Live Television Event "The Passion" Airing Palm Sunday, March 20 @ 8/7c on FOX
The telecast will unfold live at some of New Orleans' most iconic locations on Palm Sunday, March 20.

[01/28/16 - 09:04 AM]
Video: Viceland's "Noisey" - An Original Music Documentary Series - First Trailer Released
Host Zach Goldbaum takes a firsthand look at the most interesting music scenes around the world.

[01/27/16 - 11:00 AM]
Video: Watch Jessie J and the Cast of "Grease: Live," In the All-New "Grease (Is the Word)" Music Video!
The official soundtrack album features the show's cast performing classics from the original stage musical and the 1978 Paramount film, plus two original tracks.

[01/27/16 - 10:09 AM]
Video: Viceland's "Balls Deep" Hosted by Vice's Thomas Morton - First Trailer Released
The series follows the Vice producer and correspondent as he perfects his version of immersive journalism, embedding himself into the lives of others to experience what life looks like from their point-of-view.

[01/27/16 - 08:41 AM]
Video: Amazon Studios' "The New Yorker Presents" Premieres on February 16
As with the pilot, new episodes will bring the pages of the magazine to life, drawing upon the reporting, fiction, humor, poetry, and cartoons that distinguish The New Yorker.