[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[07/23/17 - 02:44 PM]
Video: Watch the Casts of "The Gifted" and "The Orville" at San Diego Comic-Con!
Check out their respective visits to "The Gifted" X-Gene Screening Station and "The Orville" Space Training Center & Gyroscope Ride.

[07/23/17 - 02:33 PM]
Video: BBC America Releases World Premiere Videos for "Doctor Who" at San Diego Comic-Con
In addition, it was revealed that Peter Capaldi's final episode of "Doctor Who" this Christmas will feature Pearl Mackie as Bill Potts and is titled "Twice Upon a Time."

[07/23/17 - 12:51 PM]
Video: Watch the New Trailer for TNT's "The Last Ship"
The fourth season is slated to launch with a two-episode premiere on Sunday, August 20.

[07/23/17 - 12:34 PM]
Video: Comic-Con 2017 Confessional: DC Super Heroes - and Super-Villain
Stephen Amell, Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist are among those featured.

[07/22/17 - 09:14 PM]
Video: Syfy's Critically-Acclaimed Original Series "The Expanse" Touches Down at San Diego Comic-Con
Plus: Elizabeth Mitchell will play a character that brings a new, spiritual perspective to the series.

[07/22/17 - 06:55 PM]
Video: "Freedom Fighters: The Ray" Comic-Con 2017 Sneak Peek
The reel was full of familiar faces, including evil alternate versions of Green Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl.

[07/22/17 - 06:54 PM]
Video: Comic-Con Confessional Videos - "The 100" & "Riverdale"
The former's Marie Avgeropoulos, Lindsey Morgan and Tasya Teles are among the latest participants.

[07/22/17 - 06:54 PM]
Video: Syfy's "The Magicians" Come Together at San Diego Comic-Con
The audience got a sneak peek into Season 3 and its highly anticipated new set - the Muntjac boat.

[07/22/17 - 06:53 PM]
Video: Doug the Pug, Special Comic-Con Corres-paw-ndent - "Riverdale," "Supergirl" & "Arrow"
Doug the Pug sniffs out some answers in exclusive interviews at Comic-Con 2017.

[07/22/17 - 03:50 PM]
Video: Watch New Footage from the Upcoming Season of "Gotham" That Just Screened at San Diego Comic-Con
Plus: Crystal Reed has been cast as Sofia Falcone, the daughter of Don Falcone.

[07/22/17 - 03:49 PM]
Video: Trailer Debut - "Stranger Things" Season 2
All nine episodes will debut globally on Netflix October 27.

[07/22/17 - 03:30 PM]
Video: Watch New Footage from the Upcoming Season of "Lucifer" That Just Screened at San Diego Comic-Con
Season three premieres Monday, October 2 at 8:00/7:00c on FOX.

[07/22/17 - 03:16 PM]
Video: Official Series Trailer for "Star Trek: Discovery" Unveiled Today at Comic-Con International
The newest edition of the "Star Trek" franchise is set to premiere in the U.S. on CBS All Access Sunday, September 24, following a broadcast premiere on the CBS Television Network.

[07/22/17 - 02:59 PM]
Video: Watch New Footage from the Upcoming Season of "Family Guy" That Just Screened at San Diego Comic-Con
Season 15 premieres Sunday, October 1 at 9:00/8:00c on FOX.

[07/22/17 - 02:47 PM]
Video: Watch Highlights from Thursday's "The Gifted" & "Bob's Burgers" Panels
FOX releases the latest batch of highlights from its San Diego Comic-Con programming.