[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[11/22/17 - 06:30 AM]
Video: Watch the Trailer for the Netflix Film "El Camino Christmas," Launching December 8
Tim Allen, Vincent D'Onofrio, Luke Grimes, Dax Shepard, Jessica Alba, Kurtwood Smith and Michelle Mylett make up the ensemble cast.

[11/20/17 - 12:07 PM]
Video: The Wait Is Finally Over - Here's the Official Trailer for Season 3 of "The Magicians"
Look for the new season to roll out Wednesday, January 10 on Syfy.

[11/17/17 - 09:02 AM]
Video: "Dave Chappelle: Equanimity" - New Stand-Up Special Teaser - Netflix
Dave Chappelle's brand new stand-up special premieres December 31 on Netflix.

[11/17/17 - 08:38 AM]
Video: "Easy" Season 2 Returns to Netflix December 1 - Watch the New Trailer
Aubrey Plaza, Dave Franco, Aya Cash, Judy Greer, Kate Berlant, Joe Lo Truglio, Zazie Beetz, Elizabeth Reaser, Kate Micucci, Michael Chernus, Jane Adams, Jacqueline Toboni, Evan Jonigkeit, Marz Timms, and Kiersey Clemons star in the upcoming season.

[11/16/17 - 11:31 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases Full Trailer and Official Poster for "The Chi" Premiering January 7 at 10 PM ET/PT
Produced entirely in its namesake city, "The Chi" is a timely coming-of-age story centering on a group of residents who become linked by coincidence but bonded by the need for connection and redemption.

[11/16/17 - 07:11 AM]
Video: The Making of "The Grand Tour" Season Two - "It's a Half-a-Romeo"
In a brand-new behind-the-scenes video, Jeremy, Richard and James try to come up with an alternative to last year's "Celebrity Brain Crash" segment, with questionable results.

[11/14/17 - 11:16 AM]
Video: Paramount Network Debuts New "Waco" Trailer
The six-part series launches Wednesday, January 24 at 10:00/9:00c on Paramount Network.

[11/09/17 - 07:12 AM]
Video: Netflix Unveils the Gripping Official Trailer for "Dark," Its First German Original Series
"Dark," premiering on Netflix on December 1, is set in a German town in present day where the disappearance of two young children exposes the double lives and fractured relationships among four families.

[11/08/17 - 10:54 AM]
Video: Season 2 Trailer for Hulu Original Series "Shut Eye"
All 10 episodes of Season 2 premiere Wednesday, December 6 only on Hulu.

[11/06/17 - 06:03 AM]
Video: Netflix Bequeaths "The Crown" Season Two Trailer
Strength comes through struggle in season two of "The Crown," launching on Netflix globally Friday, December 8.

[11/02/17 - 10:50 AM]
Video: Starz Releases Official Trailer and Premiere Date for New Spy Thriller "Counterpart"
Academy Award(R)-winner J.K. Simmons stars in two roles in this spy thriller from creator Justin Marks and MRC, and executive producers Gilbert Films and Anonymous Content.

[11/02/17 - 10:33 AM]
Video: Watch the New Trailer for "Voyeur" - Launches Globally on Netflix and in Select Theaters December 1
The documentary follows Gay Talese, the 84-year-old giant of modern journalism, as he reports one of the most controversial stories of his career: a portrait of a Colorado motel owner, Gerald Foos.

[11/02/17 - 06:58 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut for New Netflix Documentary "Saving Capitalism" Launching November 21
Directed by Jacob Kornbluth and based on Robert Reich's 2015 book, the film explores the reasons why the economic system that once made America strong is suddenly failing, as well as how it can be fixed.

[11/01/17 - 06:01 AM]
Video: Amazing Brand New Footage of "The Grand Tour" Released in the Official Trailer for Season 2
The highly anticipated second season of "The Grand Tour," Amazon's number one global hit show, will launch exclusively on Prime Video on December 8.

[10/31/17 - 11:58 AM]
Video: WGN America Releases All-New Teaser Trailer for "Shoot the Messenger" Premiering Early 2018
The eight-part, one-hour series stars Elyse Levesque as Daisy Channing, Lyriq Bent as Kevin Lutz, Lucas Bryant as Simon Olenski and Alex Kingston as Mary Foster.