[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[12/06/19 - 04:01 PM]
Video: Amazon Original "The Boys" Reveals First Look of Season 2
Fans at CCXP in Brazil were given a first look of the highly anticipated second season.

[12/06/19 - 02:30 PM]
Video: Super Trailer - VH1's "Love & Hip Hop: New York" - Premiering Monday, December 16 at 8PM
VH1 celebrates the city that ignited a cultural phenomenon with its 10th season.

[12/06/19 - 09:01 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Debuts Trailer and Official Poster for the Final Season of "Homeland"
As previously announced, the show's swan song kicks off Sunday, February 9 at 9:00/8:00c.

[12/05/19 - 10:22 AM]
Video: "Ronny Chieng: Asian Comedian Destroys America!" Trailer Debut
The stand-up special drops Tuesday, December 17 on Netflix.

[12/05/19 - 09:01 AM]
Video: "Troop Zero" - Official Trailer - Prime Video
Mckenna Grace, Allison Janney and Viola Davis star in the film, debuting Friday, January 17.

[12/05/19 - 08:04 AM]
Video: "You" Season 2 - Official Teaser - Netflix
A new city, a new identity. What could go wrong?

[12/05/19 - 07:02 AM]
Video: "Lost in Space" Season 2 - Final Official Trailer - Netflix
The Robinsons are back... but have you seen our Robot?

[12/04/19 - 10:35 AM]
Video: "AJ and the Queen" - Official Trailer - Netflix
RuPaul stars in this outrageous series as a down-on-her-luck drag queen traveling across America in a RV with a tough-talking 10-year-old stowaway.

[12/04/19 - 09:34 AM]
Video: Teaser Trailer - Hulu's "Shrill" Season Two
The Aidy Bryant-led comedy returns with eight all-new episodes on Friday, January 24.

[12/04/19 - 07:31 AM]
Video: "Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer" - Official Trailer - Netflix
When a video is posted online of a mysterious man killing two kittens, internet users across the world leap into action to find the perpetrator.

[12/03/19 - 02:05 PM]
Video: "Soundtrack" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Look for the new drama series Wednesday, December 18 on the streaming service.

[12/03/19 - 07:01 AM]
Video: "Messiah" - Season 1 Official Trailer - Netflix
A CIA officer investigates a charismatic figure whose followers believe that he can perform miracles. Is he a divine entity or a dangerous con artist?

[12/02/19 - 10:02 AM]
Video: Comedy Central Releases Star Studded Official Trailer for "Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens"
The series launches Wednesday, January 22 at 10:30/9:30c on the cable channel.

[12/02/19 - 09:45 AM]
Video: "The Magicians" Season 5 Premiere Date and Official Trailer Revealed
The series returns Wednesday, January 15 at 10:00/9:00c on Syfy.

[12/01/19 - 11:54 AM]
Video: "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Season 10 - Official Teaser - HBO
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" returns this January to the pay channel.