[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[04/15/14 - 11:41 AM]
Video: "Salem" - First Full Season Trailer
The new series launches this Sunday, April 10 at 10:00/9:00c on WGN America.

[04/11/14 - 08:01 PM]
Video: "MTV Movie Awards Takeover" Exclusively Debuts a Clip from "Blended"
Hosted by comedian and late night host Conan O'Brien, the "2014 MTV Movie Awards" will air live on Sunday, April 13 at 9:00/8:00c.

[04/11/14 - 09:00 AM]
Video: Set Your Clocks and Let the Countdown Begin with This All-New Extended "24: Live Another Day" Trailer
Jack Bauer is back in the 12-episode event series, premiering Monday, May 5.

[04/10/14 - 08:44 PM]
Video: "MTV Movie Awards Takeover" Exclusively Debuts a Clip from "Neighbors"
Tomorrow night at 11:00/10:00c, MTV will exclusively debut a new clip from "Blended."

[04/09/14 - 08:00 PM]
Video: "MTV Movie Awards Takeover" Exclusively Debuts a Clip from "Hercules"
Tomorrow night at 11:30/10:30c, MTV will exclusively debut a new clip from "Neighbors" following the 90-minute premiere of "The Challenge: Free Agents."

[04/08/14 - 08:01 PM]
Video: "MTV Movie Awards Takeover" Exclusively Debuts a Clip from "22 Jump Street"
Tomorrow night at 11:00/10:00c, MTV will exclusively debut a new clip from "Hercules."

[04/07/14 - 08:36 PM]
Video: "MTV Movie Awards Takeover" Exclusively Debuts a Clip from Guardians of the Galaxy
Co-star Chris Pratt will also appear on the "2014 MTV Movie Awards," airing this Sunday, April 13.

[04/07/14 - 09:49 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Samples the Premiere Of Its Event Series "Years of Living Dangerously" One Week Early Available on Multiple Platforms Now
Unfolding over nine one-hour episodes, this first-of-its-kind series premieres Sunday, April 13 at 10:00/9:00c.

[04/04/14 - 12:29 PM]
Video: Brand New "Penny Dreadful" Behind-the-Scenes Trailer to Debut On Showtime(R) This Sunday!
This new trailer features interviews with series creator John Logan, executive producer Sam Mendes and series stars Josh Harnett, Timothy Dalton and Eva Green.

[04/04/14 - 11:37 AM]
Video: "Fargo" - The First Seven Minutes of the New FX Series
The series premieres Tuesday, April 15 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[04/04/14 - 06:03 AM]
Video: BBC America Premieres New "Orphan Black" Trailer
Season two of "Orphan Black" premieres Saturday, April 19 at 9:00/8:00c.

[04/03/14 - 03:12 PM]
Video: David Letterman Announces His Retirement from the "Late Show"
Watch the history announcement set to air during tonight's episode.

[04/02/14 - 10:00 AM]
Video: Meet Michael Carbonaro of truTV's Unbelievable New Series "The Carbonaro Effect" Premiering May 15
The network previewed the show's pilot last night at 10:30/9:30c.

[03/31/14 - 08:53 AM]
Video: A Look at AMC's New Drama Series "Halt and Catch Fire"
The new series premieres Sunday, June 1 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[03/27/14 - 10:04 AM]
Video: MTV2's "Guy Code" Debuts an Epic First Look at the All-New Season
Jessica Gomes, Ariel Meredith and Arianny Celeste join the cast of the new season, premiering Wednesday, April 16 at 11:00/10:00c.