[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[07/30/15 - 03:03 PM]
Video: El Rey Network and Miramax(R) Release Talent Featurette from Season Two of the Supernatural Crime Saga "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series"
In it, the cast and creators give an inside look at what's coming up, the dynamics of the upcoming season, and introduce you to the compelling new characters viewers will meet.

[07/29/15 - 07:16 AM]
Video: "Kendra on Top" Supertease - Season Four Premieres Friday, August 21 at 10PM ET/PT on WE tv
The series will move to its regularly scheduled timeslot Fridays at 9:00/8:00c on WE tv, beginning with the second episode.

[07/27/15 - 01:31 PM]
Video: El Rey Network Releases 37-Minute Super Cut Featuring Wall-to-Wall Action from 37 Episodes of "Lucha Underground"
The epic 39-episode debut season of "Lucha Underground" closes with the unforgettable two-week event beginning with "Ultima Lucha - Part I" airing Wednesday, July 29.

[07/27/15 - 11:02 AM]
Video: "Ferrell Takes the Field" - Trailer (HBO)
Taped March 12 during baseball spring training in Arizona, the comedy special follows Will Ferrell to five different spring training ballparks, where he played every position on the field for ten different teams in the same day.

[07/27/15 - 06:01 AM]
Video: Netflix - "Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp" - "Return to Camp Firewood" Featurette
The best summer of your life starts this Friday, July 31 at 12:01am PT only on Netflix.

[07/23/15 - 06:44 PM]
Video: Watch the Latest Teaser for "The X-Files" That Just Aired During Tonight's "Wayward Pines" Finale
The all-new event series begins its two-night premiere, immediately following the NFC Championship Game Sunday, January 24.

[07/23/15 - 02:00 PM]
Video: Check Out the All-New "Gotham" Season Two Promos
Said interstitials will premiere during tonight's season finale of "Wayward Pines."

[07/22/15 - 06:15 PM]
Video: Watch the First Look at Season Two of "Empire"
The show's sophomore run begins Wednesday, September 23 at 9:00/8:00c on FOX.

[07/21/15 - 12:50 PM]
Video: "Fargo" - New Season - Official Trailer
Check out the extended look at the show's sophomore run, due in October.

[07/21/15 - 12:19 PM]
Video: "The Muppets" - First Look Presentation
Watch the pilot presentation for the upcoming comedy, premiering Tuesday, September 22 on ABC.

[07/20/15 - 10:21 AM]
Video: Two New Promos for "The Bastard Executioner"
The epic new series from creator Kurt Sutter arrives this fall on FX.

[07/20/15 - 10:05 AM]
Video: "Tig Notaro Boyish Girl Interrupted" - Tease (HBO)
Featuring the Grammy nominee in an all-new standup performance before a live audience, Notaro's first HBO comedy special was taped in Boston at the Wilbur Theatre.

[07/16/15 - 06:33 PM]
Video: Watch the Never-Before-Seen Footage from "The X-Files" That Just Aired During Tonight's Episode of "Wayward Pines"
The all-new "The X-Files" event series begins its two-night premiere, immediately following the NFC Championship Game Sunday, January 24.

[07/16/15 - 06:01 AM]
Video: "Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp" - Meet the Staff Orientation Video - Netflix
From co-creators Michael Showalter and David Wain, the prequel series to their 2001 film that became a cult phenomenon.

[07/15/15 - 10:02 AM]
Video: "Survivor's Remorse" Season Two Trailer Released
The show's sophomore run kicks off Saturday, August 22 at 9:30/8:30c on Starz.