[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[06/23/21 - 11:59 AM]
Video: HBO Max Releases Official Trailer and Key Art for Season 2 of the Max Original "The Dog House: UK"
All nine episodes of the new season premiere Thursday, July 8 on HBO Max.

[06/23/21 - 11:29 AM]
Video: Paramount+ Releases Official Trailer and Key Art for the Groundbreaking Documentary Series "Behind the Music"
The groundbreaking series, from MTV Entertainment Studios, will premiere with two episodes on Thursday, July 29, and subsequent episodes will drop weekly on Thursdays exclusively on Paramount+.

[06/23/21 - 10:07 AM]
Video: Official Trailer Now Available for IMDb TV Original "Luke Bryan: My Dirt Road Diary"
All five episodes will premiere on Friday, August 6, exclusively on IMDb TV, Amazon's premium free streaming service.

[06/23/21 - 10:06 AM]
Video: "Turner & Hooch" - Official Trailer - Disney+
The pet he didn't want might be the partner he needs.

[06/23/21 - 09:59 AM]
Video: Amazon Prime Video Debuts Official Trailer for "The Pursuit of Love"
Set in Europe between the two World Wars, the story follows the adventures and misadventures of the charismatic and fearless Linda Radlett, played by Lily James and her best friend and cousin Fanny Logan, played by Emily Beecham.

[06/23/21 - 09:57 AM]
Video: "Looney Tunes Cartoons" Debuts New Trailer for Season 2 - Premiering July 8 on HBO Max
In the first batch of new episodes, Bugs hops to the basketball court for an ultimate game of streetball; Porky spends a relaxing afternoon with his nephew Cicero filled with soothing music, chainsaws, fire and broken windows; and Daffy lends his wing to Porky as an emotional support duck.

[06/23/21 - 09:22 AM]
Video: Apple TV+ Unveils Trailer for New Docuseries "Watch the Sound with Mark Ronson"
The six-part docuseries will make its global debut on Friday, July 30, exclusively on Apple TV+.

[06/23/21 - 08:31 AM]
Video: "Q-Force" - Official Teaser - Netflix
Never hide who you are. Unless you're undercover.

[06/23/21 - 06:01 AM]
Video: "Sky Rojo 2" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Desperate for freedom but tempted by vengeance, Coral, Wendy and Gina continue to face off against their pursuers, who begin to turn on each other.

[06/23/21 - 05:01 AM]
Video: "Sexy Beasts" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Hoping to say goodbye to superficial dating, real-life singles sport elaborate makeup and prosthetics to put true blind-date chemistry to the test.

[06/23/21 - 03:13 AM]
Video: "The Family" - Official Trailer - Prime Video Spain
First they were the "Juniors de Oro", then they formed a team full of legendary players. And finally, they became a family.

[06/22/21 - 01:13 PM]
Video: "All That Glitters" - Official Trailer - HBO Max
Eight aspiring jewelers, one hidden gem. The pressure is on in this jewelry competition to find Britain's next jewelry star. The rivalry is rough... but the winner will shine like a diamond.

[06/22/21 - 12:04 PM]
Video: "Suicide Squad" - Official "Rain" Trailer - HBO Max
Welcome Belle Reve prison, where you'll find the worst of the world's worst supervillains.

[06/22/21 - 09:01 AM]
Video: Teaser and Key Art Debut - A Hulu Original "Only Murders in the Building"
The comedy series follows three strangers (Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez) who share an obsession with true crime and suddenly find themselves wrapped up in one.

[06/22/21 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson" Season 2 - Official Trailer - Netflix
Hold onto your hot dogs, season two comes to Netflix on July 6.