[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[09/22/17 - 09:00 AM]
Video: truTV Debuts Trailer for "At Home with Amy Sedaris"
Amy cordially invites you into her home, where she will show off diverse but necessary homemaking skills.

[09/22/17 - 08:32 AM]
Video: "Fuller House" Cast Looks Back on 30 Years
From new additions to the family to regrettable hairstyles, a lot has changed in the last 30 years.

[09/21/17 - 06:10 AM]
Video: "Def Comedy Jam 25" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence, Steve Harvey, Cedric the Entertainer, Adele Givens, Tracy Morgan, Sheryl Underwood, D.L. Hughley and many more celebrate one of comedy's greatest institutions.

[09/20/17 - 09:01 AM]
Video: "The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Elizabeth Marvel, Grace Van Patten and Emma Thompson star in Noah Baumbach's latest film.

[09/20/17 - 07:31 AM]
Video: "Marvel's The Punisher" - Official Trailer - Netflix
They killed Frank Castle's family to get to him. Now, the Punisher exacts his revenge.

[09/19/17 - 10:12 AM]
Video: Behind the Scenes of "Star Trek: Discovery" with the Series' Cast and Creators
The newest edition of the "Star Trek" franchise is set to premiere this Sunday, September 24.

[09/15/17 - 06:54 AM]
Video: Oh Mylanta, We're 30?! The "Fuller House" Season Three Trailer Is Here!
The series returns to Netflix on Friday, September 22.

[09/14/17 - 04:18 PM]
Video: Cinemax - "Tales from the Tour Bus" Trailer - Debuts September 22
Mike Judge co-created, narrates and serves as an executive producer on the series, which recounts the raucous adventures of these musicians, as told by those who knew them best.

[09/14/17 - 12:08 PM]
Video: Showtime(R) Unveils Poster Art and Behind-the-Scenes Look at Its New Comedy "White Famous"
The series will now premiere its first two episodes back-to-back on Sunday, October 15 at 10:00/9:00c.

[09/14/17 - 09:32 AM]
Video: Starz Releases Official Trailer for New Original Documentary "Nude" to Premiere October 29th at 10 PM ET/PT
The feature-length documentary explores perceptions of nudity in art by chronicling the creative process of fashion photographer David Bellemere.

[09/14/17 - 09:15 AM]
Video: Watch First Season Two "Search Party" Trailer; Series Returns November 19
The TBS series stars Alia Shawkat, Meredith Hagner, John Early, John Reynolds and Brandon Micheal Hall.

[09/14/17 - 06:07 AM]
Video: Netflix - "Kingdom of Us" - Trailer & Key Art Debut
The Netflix original documentary will premiere at the BFI London Film Festival on October 7 ahead of its global launch on Netflix on October 13.

[09/13/17 - 12:14 PM]
Video: Rob Schneider Returns in "Real Rob"
This season's guest stars include Adam Sandler, Eugenio Derbez, Michael Madsen, Danny Trejo, Angela Kinsey, Haylie Duff, Chris Kattan, Bobby Lee, Monica Huarte, Karyme Lozano and James Hong.

[09/13/17 - 09:41 AM]
Video: Crackle Releases Original Key Art and Trailer for Halloween Special "SuperMansion: Drag Me to Halloween" Streaming Thursday, October 5th
In the all-new stop-motion animated Crackle original special, the League of Freedom experiences all the fun and adventures of Halloween.

[09/12/17 - 10:19 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts the Trailer for "The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson"
Having played a pivotal role in the previous year's Stonewall Riots, in 1970, Johnson and fellow trans icon Sylvia Rivera formed the world's first trans-rights organization, STAR (Street Transvestites Action Revolutionaries).