[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[02/23/18 - 04:40 PM]
Video: First-Look of John Legend Rehearsing from "Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert"
The production will air live Easter Sunday, April 1 at 8 pm ET/PT in front of a large audience at the Marcy Armory in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York.

[02/23/18 - 01:01 PM]
Video: Syfy's "The Expanse" Reveals Season 3 Premiere Date and Trailer
Picking up immediately following the emotional and suspenseful second season finale, the 13-episode third season finds Earth, Mars and The Belt at war, with each competing entity vying for control.

[02/23/18 - 09:31 AM]
Video: Take a Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Making of "Everything Sucks!"
The footage was shot entirely on handheld video cameras by the cast during production.

[02/23/18 - 08:02 AM]
Video: Netflix Unleashes the "Queer Eye" Fab Five on One of Their Own!
The Fab 5 from "Queer Eye" took Netflix's Los Angeles headquarters by storm, making over their IT department known as the NERDS.

[02/22/18 - 10:39 AM]
Video: BBC America's "Killing Eve" Debuts First Teaser Trailer
Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer star in thriller penned by Phoebe Waller-Bridge and produced by Sally Woodward Gentle's Sid Gentle Productions.

[02/22/18 - 07:39 AM]
Video: Life Is a Battle, Here's How Hers Began - "Roxanne Roxanne" Trailer Debut
In the early 1980s, the most feared battle MC in Queens, New York, was a fierce teenage girl with the weight of the world on her shoulders.

[02/22/18 - 06:31 AM]
Video: Jared Leto Descends Into the World of the Yazuka - "The Outsider" Trailer Debut
Set in post-WWII Japan, an imprisoned American soldier (Leto) is released with the help of his Yakuza cellmate.

[02/21/18 - 11:19 AM]
Video: Jim Brockmire Takes New Orleans by Storm in "Brockmire" Season 2 Trailer
Season 2 premieres on IFC Wednesday, April 25 at 10:00/9:00c, with eight episodes airing weekly.

[02/21/18 - 09:42 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - "Flint Town" on Netflix March 2
In the aftermath of the Flint water crisis, "Flint Town" takes an intimate look at the state of policing in America through the lens of the Flint Police Department.

[02/21/18 - 07:00 AM]
Video: Danger, Will Robinson! Netflix Releases First Look at "Lost in Space," Launching on Earth on April 13
Netflix provided NASA with access to the pilot episode, which was transmitted 12 days ago to the International Space Station for astronauts to view during their leisure time.

[02/20/18 - 10:02 AM]
Video: New Trailer for Season Two of CBS All Access' "The Good Fight"
The series stars Christine Baranski, Cush Jumbo, Rose Leslie, Delroy Lindo, Audra McDonald, Sarah Steele, Justin Bartha, Michael Boatman and Nyambi Nyambi.

[02/20/18 - 10:01 AM]
Video: WGN America Reveals "100 Code" Premiere Date for Tuesday, May 29 and Unveils All-New Trailer
"100 Code" is a tense crime thriller, following the hunt for a serial killer who targets young, blonde and blue-eyed women, found dead in fields of flowers.

[02/20/18 - 08:40 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases "Marvel's Jessica Jones" Franchise Trailer
With flashes back to the first season, the trailer explores Jessica's path to season two, while she shows everyone how to fight like a woman.

[02/18/18 - 10:46 PM]
Video: Netflix Reveals Launch Date, Official Trailer and First Look for Its Arabic Comedy Special "Adel Karam: Live from Beirut"
With its rapidly growing stand-up comedy special slate, Adel now joins notable comedy stars such as Gad Elmaleh, Jack Whitehall and Dieter Nuhr in Netflix's effort to bring great international talent to its global audience.

[02/16/18 - 12:00 PM]
Video: TBS Reveals First Trailer for "The Last O.G."
The series centers on Tray (Tracy Morgan), an ex-con shocked to see just how much the world has changed when he is released from prison for on good behavior after a 15-year stint.