[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[07/25/16 - 09:52 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - David Cross "Making America Great Again!" on Netflix
Filmed during SXSW 2016, the one-hour special premieres Friday, August 5.

[07/25/16 - 08:43 AM]
Video: "The Get Down" Official Trailer Release
Part One of "The Get Down," comprising six episodes, premieres Friday, August 12 on Netflix around the world.

[07/24/16 - 02:40 PM]
Video: "The Vampire Diaries" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Villains Reel
Check out a glimpse of the new villainous threat for Season 8, as well as a brief first look at all-new, never-before-seen footage from the upcoming season premiere.

[07/24/16 - 02:39 PM]
Video: "The Originals" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel
Find out if there's any hope left for the king of New Orleans and his family.

[07/23/16 - 07:19 PM]
Video: "Vixen" Season 2 Sneak Peek Highlight Reel Comic-Con(R) 2016
The sizzle is highlighted by guest appearances from The Flash, Firestorm and Weather Wizard.

[07/23/16 - 07:18 PM]
Video: "The Flash" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel & Season 3 First Look
The exclusive highlight reel offered attendees a first look at footage from the show's fast-approaching third season.

[07/23/16 - 07:17 PM]
Video: "Arrow" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel
The annual, and always on point, SDCC highlight reel featured first looks at Team Arrow 2.0 recruits Evelyn Sharp and Wild Dog.

[07/23/16 - 05:13 PM]
Video: "Scream Queens" - Panel Highlights
Check out some hilarious highlights from the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:12 PM]
Video: "The Exorcist" - Panel Highlights & Fan Reactions
The cast the creators discuss the all-new FOX show at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:11 PM]
Video: "Bob's Burgers" - Panel Highlights & Cast Impressions
Take a look at some of the questions the creators and cast answered during the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:10 PM]
Video: "Bones" - Panel Highlights
The cast and creators talk about the past and the future of the show at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 04:30 PM]
Video: BBC America Releases First Look at Original Series "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency"
The series is now in production and will premiere October 22.

[07/23/16 - 03:59 PM]
Video: "Legion" Official Trailer - An Original Series from FX and Marvel
The series stars Dan Stevens, Rachel Keller, Jean Smart, Katie Aselton, Jeremie Harris, Amber Midthunder - with Bill Irwin and Aubrey Plaza.

[07/23/16 - 02:36 PM]
Video: "We Bare Bears" and "The Powerpuff Girls" Team Up at San Diego Comic-Con with Cartoon Network's Back-to-Back Panel Extravaganza
Never-before-seen clips from the hit shows were unveiled at the Indigo Ballroom in the Hilton Bayfront for all fans to enjoy.

[07/23/16 - 02:16 PM]
Video: Watch Two All-New "The Simpsons" Promos
Season 28 premieres Sunday, September 25 at 8:00/7:00c on FOX.