[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[01/23/19 - 09:01 AM]
Video: Comedy Central Releases Final Trailer for "Broad City's" Final Season
Plus: "Broad City" is also partnering with online bidding site Screenbid to auction off rare props, wardrobes, set decorations and other iconic items from the show.

[01/22/19 - 03:07 AM]
Video: "Suburra" Season 2 - Official Trailer - Netflix
The series returns to the streaming service with new episodes on Friday, February 22.

[01/21/19 - 03:07 AM]
Video: Discover the Trailer of the Next French Original Netflix Film - "Paris Is Us"
Dreams and reality collide as a young woman navigates a tumultuous relationship amid rising social tensions, protests and tragedies in Paris.

[01/18/19 - 10:50 AM]
Video: Trailer - Hulu Original Comedy "PEN15"
All 10 episodes will premiere Friday, February 8, only on Hulu.

[01/18/19 - 10:30 AM]
Video: Showtime Debuts Official Poster and New Video for Upcoming Late-Night Series "Desus & Mero"
The network's first ever weekly late-night talk show will premiere on Thursday, February 21 at 11:00/10:00c and air on Thursday nights from New York City.

[01/18/19 - 09:16 AM]
Video: New Trailer Released - truTV Season 2 of "At Home with Amy Sedaris"
This season, Sedaris welcomes an impressive list of guest stars, including: Rose Byrne, Matthew Broderick, Justin Theroux, Susan Sarandon, Gillian Jacobs, Juliette Lewis, Ellie Kemper, Fred Armisen, Michael Shannon and more!

[01/17/19 - 09:09 AM]
Video: IFC Releases First Trailer for the Highly-Anticipated Return of the Emmy(R)-Nominated "Documentary Now!"
This season's all-star line-up of guest stars includes Cate Blanchett, Michael Keaton, Owen Wilson, Michael C. Hall, John Mulaney, Taran Killam, Renee Elise Goldsberry, Bobby Moynihan, Natasha Lyonne, Paula Pell, Richard Kind, James Urbaniak and more.

[01/17/19 - 08:01 AM]
Video: New Trailer for Steven Soderbergh's "High Flying Bird" Starring Andre Holland and Zazie Beetz
The film will debut Friday, February 8 exclusively on Netflix.

[01/16/19 - 01:48 PM]
Video: "Happy!" - Season 2 Official Trailer - Syfy
The next insane season premieres Wednesday, March 27 on the cable channel.

[01/16/19 - 10:44 AM]
Video: "Better Things" - Season 3: Official Trailer - FX
As previously announced, the series returns Thursday, February 28 at 10:00/9:00c.

[01/16/19 - 10:01 AM]
Video: WGN America Unveils February 27 Premiere Date and First Trailer for Crime Drama "Gone"
Chris Noth, Leven Rambin and Danny Pino star in the 12-part limited series.

[01/16/19 - 08:03 AM]
Video: "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" Final Episodes - Official Trailer - Netflix
Look for the show's swan song on Friday, January 25.

[01/15/19 - 07:31 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - "Black Earth Rising" Launches January 25 on Netflix
The limited series is a contemporary thriller that follows the journey of Kate Ashby (Michaela Coel), a Rwandan orphaned by the genocide, raised in London by an adoptive mother and trying to discover the truth of her past.

[01/14/19 - 09:42 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - "Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes" Launches January 24
The series features exclusive, never-before-heard audio interviews with Ted Bundy from death row.

[01/14/19 - 08:06 AM]
Video: "Fyre Fraud" Now Streaming on Hulu
The film features an exclusive interview with Billy McFarland, the convicted con-man behind the festival.