[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[09/26/16 - 07:03 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases Ava DuVernay's 13TH Trailer
The documentary explores how mass incarceration evolved to its current epic proportions and what the ramifications are for communities of color across the country.

[09/26/16 - 06:38 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts Second Trailer for Original Series "Marvel's Luke Cage"
The latest installment in Marvel's Netflix franchise launches this Friday, September 30.

[09/23/16 - 12:18 PM]
Video: "Shameless" Season Seven Premiere Available Now Across Multiple Platforms
Said installment comes in advance of its linear premiere on Sunday, October 2.

[09/22/16 - 12:15 PM]
Video: "Tracey Ullman's Show" - Trailer (HBO)
The six-episode sketch comedy series premieres Friday, October 28 at 11:00/10:00c.

[09/22/16 - 09:13 AM]
Video: Mad - "Taboo" Season 1 Promo - FX
"Taboo," an FX original event from Tom Hardy, premieres early 2017.

[09/21/16 - 02:36 PM]
Video: Teaser - Hulu Original "Freakish"
The teen, horror series premieres all episodes on Hulu on Monday, October 10 and stars digital influencers Liza Koshy, Meghan Rienks, Hayes Grier and Melvin Gregg.

[09/21/16 - 01:03 PM]
Video: New Trailer Available for Syfy's Upcoming "Incorporated"
The futuristic thriller is from Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Todd's Pearl Street Films, CBS Television Studios and Universal Cable Productions.

[09/21/16 - 09:01 AM]
Video: AMC Releases "The Walking Dead" Season 7 Key Art & Promo
The series returns on Sunday, October 23 at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[09/20/16 - 07:58 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts "Who Is Luke Cage?" Featurette for Original Series "Marvel's Luke Cage"
This featurette delves into the gritty series' title character played by the Mike Colter.

[09/16/16 - 11:52 AM]
Video: WE tv Releases Supertease for Newest Docu-Series, "My Life Is a Telenovela," Premiering on October 7 at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT
Set in sun-kissed Miami, the eight episode, one-hour series follows a group of beautiful, talented and hard-working Hispanic actresses and actors working in the hyper-competitive world of Telenovelas.

[09/15/16 - 08:27 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts Trailer for "Easy," 8-Part Comedy Series from Joe Swanberg
"Easy" is an anthology series from creator Joe Swanberg that explores diverse Chicago characters as they fumble through the modern maze of love, sex, technology and culture.

[09/14/16 - 07:04 AM]
Video: Trailer for Woody Allen's "Crisis in Six Scenes" Now Available
The series consists of six-half hour episodes and is created, written and directed by Woody Allen, who also stars with Miley Cyrus, Elaine May, Rachel Brosnahan and John Magaro.

[09/13/16 - 10:47 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts New Trailer for "Iliza Shlesinger: Confirmed Kills"
The one-hour comedy special premieres Friday, September 23 exclusively on Netflix.

[09/09/16 - 04:33 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts Tori Amos' Audrie & Daisy Featurette
Get an inside look at Amos' inspiration for the song, her writing process, and why she thinks the film is important to a national conversation we are still struggling to have.

[09/08/16 - 11:00 AM]
Video: Starz Releases First Look Teaser Trailer for the Fourth and Final Season of Hit Original Series "Black Sails"
The 10-episode fourth season of the stand-out high seas drama returns in 2017, and finds our pirates at war in the West Indies.