[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[11/16/18 - 01:04 PM]
Video: "Young Justice: Outsiders" - Teaser
The animated series comes to DC Universe on Friday, January 4.

[11/16/18 - 10:02 AM]
Video: Showtime Debuts New Trailer for "SMILF" Season Two
The Frankie Shaw-led comedy returns Sunday, January 20 at 10:30/9:30c on the pay channel.

[11/15/18 - 03:21 PM]
Video: Bravo's "Dirty John" Premiere Episode Is Available Now on YouTube, BravoTV.com, VOD and the Bravo App
Ahead of the premiere on Sunday, November 25, Bravo has made the entire first episode of "Dirty John" available for a pre-linear preview.

[11/15/18 - 10:02 AM]
Video: Comedy Central Releases Trailer for "The Other Two" - New Series from Chris Kelly and Sarah Schneider Premieres January 24
Guest stars for the debut season include, Beck Bennett, Kate Berlant, Michael Che, Andy Cohen, Heidi Gardner, Jackie Hoffman, Daniel K. Isaac, Brandon Scott Jones, Richard Kind, Greta Lee, Tinsley Mortimer, Andy Ridings, Josh Segarra, Wanda Sykes, Julio Torres, JJ Totah and Patrick Wilson.

[11/15/18 - 09:01 AM]
Video: "The Kominsky Method" - Official Trailer #2 - Netflix
On November 16, meet Sandy (Michael Douglas) and Norman (Alan Arkin), two lifelong friends who are navigating the ups and downs of life with humor, dignity, and a little bit of help from their families.

[11/15/18 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "The Fix" - Official Trailer - Netflix
In each episode, host Jimmy Carr and team captains D.L. Hughley and Katherine Ryan are joined by guest comics to debate and discuss one of the biggest challenges facing the world in a team panel format.

[11/15/18 - 07:31 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts Trailer & Key Art for "A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding"
Rose McIver and Ben Lamb star in the film, due on November 30.

[11/15/18 - 07:01 AM]
Video: "Nicky Jam: El Ganador" - Official Trailer - Netflix
From his humble and troubled start in Boston, to his downfall on the streets, to becoming the king of one of the most popular musical genres, this is not only the life of Nicky Jam, but the history of reggaeton itself.

[11/14/18 - 12:02 PM]
Video: Netflix Debuts Trailer & Key Art for "Out of Many, One"
Directed and produced by John Hoffman and Nanfu Wang, the film launches globally on Netflix on December 12.

[11/14/18 - 08:01 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts "F Is for Family" Season 3 Trailer
The new season rolls out Friday, November 30 on the streaming service.

[11/14/18 - 07:32 AM]
Video: "Frontier" Season 3 - Official Trailer - Netflix
The battle for profit and power spans continents as ferocious outlaw Declan Harp takes his fight against the Hudson's Bay Company across the Atlantic.

[11/14/18 - 07:01 AM]
Video: Jennifer Aniston and Danielle Macdonald Star in the Official Trailer for "Dumplin'"
The Netflix film is an adapted screenplay by Kristin Hahn based on Julie Murphy's #1 New York Times bestselling novel of the same name.

[11/14/18 - 06:02 AM]
Video: "The Protector" - Official Trailer - Netflix
The series follows the epic adventure of Hakan, a young shopkeeper whose modern world gets turned upside down when he learns he's connected to a secret, ancient order, tasked with protecting Istanbul.

[11/13/18 - 06:03 AM]
Video: Alfonso Cuaron's "Roma" - Official Trailer Debut
The film will be released globally on Netflix on December 14 with an expanded theatrical release in the U.S. and international markets.

[11/12/18 - 10:30 AM]
Video: "CBS All Access'" "No Activity" Struts Its Stuff with Season Two Trailer and Key Art
Season two finds us back in Car 27 with SDPD Detectives Cullen and Tolbeck as they stake out the seedy underbelly of a cockfighting ring.