[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[07/07/15 - 01:57 PM]
Video: Let the Countdown Begin! 201 Days to the Premiere of "The X-Files!"
Get a sneak peek at brand-new footage from the show's revival, premiering Sunday, January 24.

[07/07/15 - 12:39 PM]
Video: El Rey Network and Miramax(R) Unveil the First Official Trailer from the Highly-Anticipated Season Two of "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series"
Beginning tonight, Tuesday, July 7 at 8:00 pm ET, fans will get a peek into the new season from the creative minds behind the series, including Creator and El Rey Network Founder Robert Rodriguez.

[07/06/15 - 10:40 AM]
Video: Watch the Extended Trailer for TNT's "Public Morals," Premiering August 25 at 10/9c
Ed Burns is behind the project, which also stars Michael Rapaport and Elizabeth Masucci.

[07/01/15 - 11:04 AM]
Video: A Special Announcement from "Review's" Forrest MacNeil
The Andy Daly-led comedy kicks off its second season on Thursday, July 30 at 10:00/9:00c.

[07/01/15 - 08:01 AM]
Video: Check Out the All-New Trailer for Adult Swim's "Rick and Morty!"
Season two of the animated series kicks off on Sunday, July 26 at 11:30/10:30c.

[06/30/15 - 06:35 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases "BoJack Horseman" Season 2 Trailer
The darkly hilarious, serialized animated adult comedy will premiere 12 new episodes only on Netflix on Friday, July 17.

[06/29/15 - 11:39 AM]
Video: WGN America Releases First Promo for the "Prime Crime" Line-Up Featuring Coveted Acquistions "Elementary" and "Person of Interest" Airing This Fall
The two popular procedurals, which will join fan-favorite "Blue Bloods" on weekdays in prime, will give viewers a binge-worthy opportunity to watch these series from the very beginning, diving into the cases and capers that unfold.

[06/29/15 - 09:39 AM]
Video: "Tig" - Main Trailer - Netflix
Comedian Tig Notaro finds life in the face of death in the Netflix original documentary "Tig," premiering Friday, July 17 only on Netflix.

[06/25/15 - 10:24 AM]
Video: WGN America Releases the First Teaser for Season Two of Its Critically Acclaimed Drama "Manhattan," Returning in October 2015
The first-look teaser for the critically acclaimed drama, returning this October, begs the question: "How much evil does it take to do good."

[06/25/15 - 10:00 AM]
Video: New Footage Revealed as NBC Launches New 60-Second Trailer of "Heroes Reborn"
Plus: "Heroes Reborn" has also revealed the official series synopsis.

[06/25/15 - 09:17 AM]
Video: AMC Releases a New On-Air Promo for "Fear the Walking Dead"
The network released today a new on-air promo for "Fear the Walking Dead," which is set to debut this August.

[06/19/15 - 08:25 AM]
Video: AMC Releases New "Fear the Walking Dead" Promo
The much-ballyhooed spin-off is set to debut this August.

[06/17/15 - 07:33 AM]
Video: First Trailer - IFC Teases "Documentary Now!"
This "slightly off" look at history is created by Fred Armisen, Bill Hader and Seth Meyers, and stars Armisen and Hader.

[06/16/15 - 07:38 AM]
Video: "The Spoils Before Dying's" Jazzy New Trailer
This three night comedy miniseries event on IFC will air two back-to-back half-hour episodes Wednesday, July 8, Thursday, July 9 and Friday, July 10.

[06/15/15 - 10:34 AM]
Video: "A Deadly Adoption" - Official Extended Trailer
The film, starring Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig, premieres this Saturday, June 20 on Lifetime.