[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[09/19/18 - 08:00 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts Terrifying New Trailer for "The Haunting of Hill House"
A modern reimagining of Shirley Jackson's iconic novel, "The Haunting of Hill House" explores a group of siblings who, as children, grew up in what would go on to become the most famous haunted house in the country.

[09/19/18 - 07:34 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts Trailer & Key Art for "Shirkers"
"Shirkers" was a Singapore-made 1992 cult classic from teenage friends Sandi Tan, Jasmine Ng and Sophie Siddique - or it would have been, had the 16mm footage not been stolen by their enigmatic American collaborator Georges Cardona.

[09/18/18 - 07:01 AM]
Video: Expand. Your. Mind. "Maniac" Premieres Friday on Netflix.
Watch the "ad" for the revolutionary procedure from the upcoming limited series.

[09/17/18 - 07:01 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - "Apostle," The New Netflix Film from Gareth Evans, Director of "The Raid"
The film will have its world premiere at Fantastic Fest in Austin, Texas this Friday before debuting globally on Netflix on October 12.

[09/17/18 - 05:35 AM]
Video: "Chef's Table" Season 5 - Official Trailer - Netflix
The Emmy-nominated series returns September 28 with four remarkable chefs digging past the surface of the fine-dining world.

[09/14/18 - 09:01 AM]
Video: "Car Masters: Rust to Riches" - Official Trailer - Netflix
The colorful crew at Gotham Garage overhauls an eclectic collection of cars and trucks, trading up to a showstopper they can sell for big bucks.

[09/14/18 - 07:10 AM]
Video: WE tv Reveals a Sneak Peek of the Explosive Return of "Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta"
Look for the new season to kick off on Thursday, October 11 at 9:00/8:00c.

[09/13/18 - 04:36 PM]
Video: "YG Future Strategy Office" - Teaser - Netflix
Meet K-pop sensation Seungri and his brand new sitcom, coming to Netflix on October 5.

[09/13/18 - 10:02 AM]
Video: Amazon Prime Video's "Homecoming" Releases First Official Trailer Ahead of Premiere on November 2nd
Following its critically acclaimed world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, fans get an extended look at the series starring Julia Roberts.

[09/13/18 - 08:00 AM]
Video: Netflix Film Trailer Debut - Tamara Jenkins' "Private Life" Starring Kathryn Hahn, Paul Giamatti, Molly Shannon & Kayli Carter
The film follows a couple in the throes of infertility who try to maintain their marriage as they descend deeper and deeper into the insular world of assisted reproduction and domestic adoption.

[09/13/18 - 07:36 AM]
Video: "Maniac" - Teaser: Connection - Netflix
As a mysterious pharmaceutical trial takes a turn, Annie Landsberg (Emma Stone) and Owen Milgrim (Jonah Hill) form a connection that could save their lives.

[09/13/18 - 07:05 AM]
Video: Teaser Debut - Netflix's "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina"
The series imagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft.

[09/13/18 - 02:36 AM]
Video: "Travels with My Father" Season 2 - Official Trailer - Netflix
Comedian Jack Whitehall's series returns Friday, September 28 on the streaming service.

[09/12/18 - 09:20 AM]
Video: Amazon Prime Video Releases Official Trailer and Key Art for "The Romanoffs," From Nine-Time Emmy Winner Matthew Weiner
Set in seven countries around the globe, "The Romanoffs" was shot on location in three continents collaborating with local productions and creative talent across Europe, the Americas, and the Far East.

[09/12/18 - 09:02 AM]
Video: "Hilda" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Based off Luke Pearson's acclaimed graphic novel, all episodes launch September 21, only on Netflix.