[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[05/04/16 - 05:06 AM]
Video: New Top Gear Trailer Brings on the "Summer"
"Top Gear" makes its eagerly anticipated return with an all-new season premiering in May on BBC America.

[04/29/16 - 04:10 PM]
Video: Watch First Looks at "MasterChef" Premiering Wednesday, June 1, at 9/8c, on FOX!
Judging the battle rounds will be Gordon Ramsay and Christina Tosi, who will taste for flavor, creativity and presentation.

[04/25/16 - 10:46 AM]
Video: "Danger Mouse" - Trailer - Netflix
No threat is too small, no evil too great for this secret agent mouse and his sidekick! Villains: You've been warned.

[04/24/16 - 12:12 PM]
Video: All-New Season of "Top Gear" Premieres in May on BBC America
Check out the latest teaser trailer for the new season, featuring host Matt LeBlanc.

[04/21/16 - 09:33 AM]
Video: Netflix's "Chef's Table" - New Trailer and Key Art
The Netflix Original Documentary Series showcases a variety of chefs from all over the world talking about challenging conventions and what inspires them.

[04/20/16 - 06:23 PM]
Video: "Lady Dynamite" - Main Trailer - Netflix
The Maria Bamford-led comedy premieres Friday, May 20 on the streaming service.

[04/20/16 - 09:23 AM]
Video: Adam Sandler's The Do-Over for Netflix - Official Trailer & Key Art Release
Also starring are David Spade, Paula Patton, Kathryn Hahn, Luis Guzman, Michael Chiklis, Sean Astin, Catherine Bell, Natasha Leggero, Nick Swardson, Torsten Voges, Renee Taylor and Matt Walsh.

[04/18/16 - 12:46 PM]
Video: Meet the Characters on "Houdini & Doyle," Premiering Monday, May 2 on FOX
Plus: check out an all-new promo for the series, which rolls out next month.

[04/18/16 - 12:00 PM]
Video: Celebrate the 100th Episode of "Bob's Burgers" Sunday, May 22 on FOX
Watch a behind-the-scenes sneak peek at the 100th episode table read with cast and producers.

[04/18/16 - 10:00 AM]
Video: The Latest Trailer from TNT's New Summer Drama "Animal Kingdom"
The newcomer premieres Tuesday, June 7 at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[04/15/16 - 01:22 PM]
Video: AMC Releases New Promo from Upcoming Series "Feed the Beast"
David Schwimmer and Jim Sturgess star in the series, premiering Tuesday, May 31.

[04/14/16 - 12:45 PM]
Video: Check Out the All-New "Inside Amy Schumer" Season 4 Trailer
The series returns Thursday, April 21 at 10:00/9:00c on Comedy Central.

[04/14/16 - 11:10 AM]
Video: All-New Season 12 Promo for "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" Now Available
The series returns Sunday, May 1 at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[04/14/16 - 09:03 AM]
Video: AMC Releases New Promo for Upcoming Series "Preacher"
Earlier this week, AMC released the official key art.

[04/13/16 - 02:13 PM]
Video: "Voltron: Legendary Defender" - Teaser - Netflix
In an all-new series, five unlikely heroes and their flying robot lions unite to form the megapowerful Voltron and save the galaxy.