[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[04/24/15 - 10:08 AM]
Video: "Nightingale" - Tease (HBO Films)
The David Oyelowo-led project premieres Friday, May 29 at 9:00/8:00c on the pay channel.

[04/23/15 - 11:08 AM]
Video: "Shark Week" Returns Sunday, July 5 on Discovery
Television's most anticipated week of shark filled television, kicks off this year on July 5 (through the 12th), earlier than ever before.

[04/23/15 - 10:07 AM]
Video: Spike Reveals First Look at "Tut"
The six-hour, three-night limited series event stars Ben Kingsley and Avan Jogia and is set to premiere on Spike this summer Sunday, July 19 - Tuesday, July 21 from 9-11 PM, ET/PT.

[04/20/15 - 02:56 PM]
Video: Pastor Buddy Wishes You A Happy 420
Watch TV Land's new promo for its upcoming Michael Rosenbaum-led series "Impastor."

[04/15/15 - 11:19 AM]
Video: "TV Land Awards" - Terry Crews Lip Syncs to Betty White
Crews opens with an ultimate lip sync medley that is an ode to the best of TV theme songs, including those from "The Addams Family," "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," "Three's Company," "The Jeffersons," "The Golden Girls."

[04/12/15 - 06:57 PM]
Video: Everybody "Scream" - The Trailer For MTV's New Series Is Finally Here
Bella Thorne introduced the very first trailer during tonight's 2015 Movie Awards.

[04/10/15 - 09:46 AM]
Video: "The Brink" - Tease (HBO)
Jack Black, Tim Robbins, Pablo Schreiber, Aasif Mandvi, Maribeth Monroe, Eric Ladin, Esai Morales and Geoff Pierson star.

[04/10/15 - 06:45 AM]
Video: "Chris D'Elia: Incorrigible" - Official Trailer - Netflix
D'Elia brings his dynamic physical comedy to The Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles for his Netflix comedy special launching on April 17.

[04/09/15 - 10:59 AM]
Video: Uncensored - "Key & Peele" - "Game of Thrones" Recap
"Key & Peele" returns to Comedy Central on July 8 at 10:30/9:00c.

[04/09/15 - 10:02 AM]
Video: "True Detective" - Tease (HBO)
Get your first taste of the new season, featuring Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn, Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch.

[04/09/15 - 08:46 AM]
Video: "Orange Is The New Black" - Season 3 - Official Trailer
Piper, Red, Crazy Eyes, Taystee, Poussey, Sophia, Daya, Gloria, Big Boo, Pennsatucky and all of Litchfield's ladies are back for more drama and laughter.

[04/09/15 - 06:52 AM]
Video: "Grace and Frankie" - Official Trailer - Netflix
The series, starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin, premieres on Friday, May 8.

[04/06/15 - 02:08 PM]
Video: "The Flash" WonderCon Sizzle Reel
The action-packed trailer offered fans an extended preview of the final episodes of the breakout hit series' lightning charged first season.

[04/02/15 - 10:02 AM]
New Adrenaline-Filled "Arrow" Trailer Showcases the Final Few Episodes!
Check out the network's tease for the show's remaining episodes of the season.

[04/01/15 - 01:09 PM]
Video: WGN America Releases Extended "Salem" Season 2 Trailer
The highly anticipated second season premieres this Sunday, April 5 at 10:00/9:00c.