[07/09/21 - 11:31 AM] Video: HBO Max Launches a "Summer of Unscripted" with Premiere Dates and First Look Sizzle for "FBOY Island," "The Hype" and "Sweet Life: Los Angeles" They'll launch Thursday, July 29, August 12 and August 19, respectively.
[via press release from WarnerMedia]
HBO Max Launches A 'Summer of Unscripted' With Premiere Dates And First Look Sizzle For "FBOY Island," "The Hype" And "Sweet Life: Los Angeles"
· This summer, HBO Max brings a "summer of unscripted" with a diverse and entertaining slate of reality and competition series including FBOY ISLAND, a reality dating show with a twist, premiering THURSDAY, JULY 29; THE HYPE, a cutting-edge streetwear competition premiering THURSDAY, AUGUST 12; and SWEET LIFE: LOS ANGELES, an unscripted coming-of-age docusoap, following a group of Black friends on the hunt for success in South Los Angeles, premiering THURSDAY, AUGUST 19.
· Jennifer O'Connell, executive vice president, Non-Fiction and Live-Action Family, HBO Max quote: "We are ready to celebrate the summer with a new slate of fun, engaging unscripted originals that tell diverse stories and cater to younger audiences. From introducing your next guilty pleasure with 'FBoy Island' to showcasing mind-blowing streetwear designs in 'The Hype' and spotlighting young people as they navigate life in Los Angeles with 'Sweet Life: Los Angeles,' these series each offer viewers a unique, authentic and incredibly entertaining experience."
· In FBOY ISLAND, three women move to a tropical island where they're joined by 24 men - 12 self-proclaimed "Nice Guys" looking for love, and 12 self-proclaimed "FBoys," there to compete for cold, hard cash. The women will navigate the dating pool together with the hope of finding a lasting love connection. By the finale, all will be revealed - who is a Nice Guy, who is an FBoy, and who the women ultimately choose. Hosted by hit comedian and actress Nikki Glaser, FBOY ISLAND is a social experiment that asks the age-old question: Can FBoys truly reform or do Nice Guys always finish last?
FBOY ISLAND is produced by STXalternative. The series concept was created by Elan Gale who is executive producing for TheYearOfElan Productions alongside Jason Goldberg for STXalternative, Ben Bitonti, Nikki Glaser and showrunner Sam Dean.
· THE HYPE is a competition series set in the colliding worlds of streetwear, business and culture where fashion visionaries must elevate their designs and entrepreneurial sense to avoid elimination while remaining authentic to their style. The series features ten streetwear professionals who will compete in challenges to prove they can walk the walk and deliver the product. Speedy Morman will host the eight-episode season, which will feature co-signers judging the competition, including Grammy(R) nominated recording artist and designer Offset, creative director and founder of Bephies Beauty Supply Bephie Birkett, and Emmy(R) nominated Costume Designer and Renowned Stylist Marni Senofonte. The panel of judges will critique the competing streetwear's unique DNA, combining fashion, music, art and lifestyle to refine the idea of a "runway" and the balance between art and commerce. Special guests appearing throughout the series include Cardi B, Wiz Khalifa, A$AP Ferg, Dapper Dan and Bobby Hundreds to name some. Every episode will offer unique tips and takeaways about the intricacies of designing, the business of fashion and the savvy to identify the latest trends, while also providing mentorship to the contestants.
THE HYPE is produced by the Emmy award winning team at Scout Productions. Scout's David Collins, Rob Eric and Michael Williams developed the series with Emmy winner Rachelle Mendez. Collins, Eric and Williams will also executive produce with Mendez, Jay Brown and Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith. Emmy and Grammy-winning producer Rikki Hughes will showrun and executive produce.
· SWEET LIFE: LOS ANGELES, from Emmy and Golden Globe(R) nominee Issa Rae, gives an honest and unique look into what it means to be young, Black, and in constant pursuit of one's dreams in the heart of South Los Angeles. The series follows a group of ambitious childhood friends showcasing their relatable, authentic and sometimes stumbling mid-20s moments as they embrace the joy and struggles of adulthood, navigating love and family, and building their careers as tastemakers in the city where they grew up.
SWEET LIFE: LOS ANGELES is produced by HOORAE; Main Event Media, an All3Media America Company; and Morning Dew Pictures. Issa Rae, Montrel McKay, Jimmy Fox, Sheri Maroufkhani, Leola Westbrook and Sun de Graaf serve as executive producers. Rajah Ahmed and Pyongson "Sunny" Yim serve as co-executive producers. Sara Rastogi and Ashley Calloway serve as producers.
· About Max Original Unscripted Programming: HBO Max original programming is reimagining the unscripted television landscape with unique, award-winning series and intriguing documentaries told through the eyes of diverse storytellers. Max Originals strive to represent every category of unscripted, always with an unconventional and edgy sensibility and a goal of being socially relevant - geared toward Gen Z and Millennial audiences, as well as co-viewing. From programming that highlights underrepresented communities, including "Legendary," "House of Ho," and Issa Rae's "Sweet Life: Los Angeles"; unfiltered content with incredible talent like Selena Gomez's "Selena + Chef"; nostalgic reunion specials from "Friends: The Reunion" and "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reunion"; exciting competition series that shine a creative spotlight on designers in "The Hype," florists in "Full Bloom," potters in "The Great Pottery Throwdown," and crafters and bakers in "Craftopia" and "Baketopia;" a new twist on the dating genre with "FBOY Island," "12 Dates of Christmas," and "Singletown," and compelling documentaries like "Class Action Park," "LFG" and "On The Record." HBO Max was awarded "Outstanding Achievement In Nonfiction Programming By A Network Or Streaming Platform" by the Critics Choice Real TV Awards.
[10/02/23 - 09:01 AM] Video: Trailer Debut - Hulu Original "Black Cake" Based on The New York Times-bestselling book by Charmaine Wilkerson, "Black Cake" is a family drama wrapped in a murder mystery with a diverse cast of characters and a global setting.
[10/02/23 - 05:01 AM] Video: "Leave the World Behind" - Official Teaser - Netflix A family's (Julia Roberts and Ethan Hawke) vacation is upended when two strangers (Mahershala Ali and Myha'la) arrive at night, seeking refuge from a cyberattack that grows more terrifying by the minute, forcing everyone to come to terms with their places in a collapsing world.
[09/29/23 - 07:01 AM] Video: "Camp Courage" - Official Trailer - Netflix Made refugees by the war in Ukraine, Olga and her granddaughter Milana travel to a summer camp in the Austrian Alps to test the limits of their own bravery, and to strengthen their growing bond.