Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends Leads FRIDAYS to Across-the-Board Gains
Overall Kids Total Day Ratings, Delivery Climb by Major Double Digits among All Target Demos
ADULT SWIM Continues Double-Digit Growth Among adults 18-34, 18-24
Cartoon Network�s red-hot original series, Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (Friday, 7 p.m.), scored its highest delivery and ratings to date among all key kid demos, propelling the entire FRIDAYS prime time franchise (7 p.m.-12 a.m.) to significant double-digit growth across the board, according to Nielsen Media Research. Highlights of Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends� and FRIDAYS� performances vs. the same time periods last year include the following:
Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (Friday, 7 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,242,000) expanded by 70% and ratings (5.1) by 65%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,680,000) and ratings (4.2) both surged by 83%.
- Telecast posted the series� highest delivery & ratings ever among kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 2-11 and girls 6-11.
- Telecast ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable among kids 6-11, 2-11, boys 2-11 and boys 6-11.
FRIDAYS (7 p.m. � 12 a.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (875,000) and ratings (3.6) both grew by 29%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,301,000) rose by 21% and ratings (3.3) by 22%.
Overall last week, Cartoon Network�s kids� total day performance once again showed significant growth across the kid key demos compared to the same time period last year:
Kids Total Day (Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m.-6 a.m., Kids� Programming)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (465,000) increased by 34% and ratings (1.9) by 27%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (773,000) improved by 28% and ratings (2.0) by 33%.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (325,000) advanced by 28% and ratings (1.3) by 30%.
- Late-night phenomenon ADULT SWIM also proved itself water-tight with continued double-digit growth among its target young adult audiences. Highlights vs. its own performance last year include the following:
ADULT SWIM (Monday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery (488,000) climbed by 23% and ratings (0.7) by 17%.
- Adults 18-24 delivery (271,000) jumped by 23% and ratings (1.0) by 25%.
- Three telecasts each of Family Guy and Futurama ranked among ad-supported cable�s top 50 programs for adults 18-34 programs.
- ADULT SWIM ranked #1 in its time period for the week on basic cable among adults 18-24 and men 18-24.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.1 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
RATING PERIOD: 09/06/04 � 09/12/04
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 108,400,000 homes.