FOX 2006/07 Season Highlights (Through 5/15/07)
Overall Prime Highlights (Season-to-Date)
· FOX ranks #1 among Adults 18-49 for the third straight season, and the second in a row without the benefit of the Super Bowl.
· FOX achieves the largest margin of victory among Adults 18-49 in its history (at least +0.3 rating points).
· FOX wins Adults 18-49 by the largest margin for any network in five seasons (at least +0.3 rating points).
· FOX is the only major network to exceed its year-ago performance among Total Viewers (+4%). ABC (-9%), CBS (-1%) and NBC (-8%) incur year-to-year declines.
· FOX ranks #1 among Adults 18-34 for the fifth straight season (since 2002/03), and eight of the last nine.
· FOX ranks #1 among Teens for the seventh straight season (since 2000/01), and 13 of the last 16.
· FOX is on track to claim the most consecutive weekly wins in a broadcast season among Adults 18-49 for any network in a decade (15 weeks - since NBC in 1996/97).
· FOX has established its own all-time record for consecutive weekly wins in a broadcast season among Adults 25-54 (Currently stands at 13 weeks).
· FOX has the two highest-rated nights on television among Adults 18-49, Tuesday (7.5/19) and Wednesday (5.8/15).
· Since American Idol's premiere in January, FOX Tuesday significantly exceeds its combined four-network primetime competition (ABC/CBS/NBC/CW) among Adults 18-49 (+20%), Adults 18-34 (+38%) and Teens (+70%), representing the most dominant night on television.
· FOX Tuesday exceeds the combined 10-network primetime competition (including ABC/CBS/NBC/CW, the four Spanish-language networks, ION and My Network TV) among Teens.
· FOX ranks #1 among Adults 18-49 on 3 of 7 nights of the week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday), the most of any network.
· FOX has ranked #1 among Adults 18-49 on Tuesday and Wednesday for five consecutive seasons (2002/03 to 2006/07). FOX has been the #1 network on Saturday for nine years (since the 1998/99 season), the longest current nightly win streak on any network.
· FOX is up versus its year-ago equivalent average on 4 of 7 nights (Wednesday through Saturday), reflecting far more increases than any other network (ABC � 2, CBS � 1, NBC � 2, CW vs. UPN � 3, CW vs. WB � 2).
· FOX has the Top 3 programs of the season among Adults 18-49 (American Idol-Wed, American Idol-Tue, House).
· FOX has had prime's #1 program among Adults 18-49 for the past 5 years (Joe Millionaire 02/03, American Idol 03/04 - 06/07).
· FOX has 5 of this season's Top 10 programs and 11 of the top 20 among Adults 18-34.
· FOX has 9 of this season's Top 10 programs and 11 of the top 20 among Teens.
· FOX has ranked #1 in 7 of the last 10 major sweep periods (Nov/Feb/May/July) among Adults 18-49. FOX has won 15 of the last 20 in Adults 18-34, and 28 in a row among Teens (Note: Pending projected May 2007 win in all three demos).
· FOX won the February 2007 sweep among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens despite facing competition from the Super Bowl (CBS), Grammys (CBS) and Academy Awards (ABC).
· FOX ranked #1 in Summer 2006 among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens.
· In Summer 2006, FOX had the three highest-rated regular primetime programs among Adults 18-49 (So You Think You Can Dance-Wednesday #1, Hell's Kitchen #2 tie and So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday #2 tie).
KEY PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
· "24" ranks #14 among 2006/07 season regular primetime programs among Adults 18-49.
· "24" ranks #1 in the Monday 9-10pm time period on Adults 25-54 and Men 18-49/25-54.
· Demonstrating strong affluent audience appeal, "24" ranks #2 among 2006/07 season regularly scheduled primetime programs in terms of concentration of Adults 18-49 with household income $100,000 or higher (143 index).
· American Idol accounts for the #1/#2 ranks among 2006/07 season regular primetime programs among key demographics including Adults 18-49, Total Viewers, Adults 18-34, Adults 25-54, Teens 12-17 and all key women demos.
· This marks the fourth straight season (since 2003/04) that American Idol has accounted for the #1/#2 ranks on Adults 18-49, the most consecutive #1 ranks for any broadcast network program since the beginning of continuous Adults 18-49 measurement 20 years ago.
· American Idol-Tuesday's 2006/07 premiere earned FOX's second-highest Adults 18-49 rating ever for regular programming, behind Joe Millionaire's season finale on 2/17/03.
· American Idol is the season's highest-rated program among African American and Hispanic Adults 18-49.
· American Idol is the season's highest-rated program among Adults 18-49 in households with an income of $75K or more.
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader
· Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader is the 2006/07 season's #1 new unscripted series among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Teens and Total Viewers.
· The debut of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader was the highest-rated series launch of any network in over 5 years among Adults 18-49, and more than eight years among Total Viewers (based on Tuesday 2/27/07 telecast).
· Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader ranks #1 in the highly competitive Thursday 8-9pm time period among Teens.
· In head-to-head competition, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader beats ABC's Ugly Betty among Adults 18-49 (+23%), Adults 18-34 (+19%) and Teens (+114%).
· In head-to-head competition, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader ties Survivor: Fiji on CBS among Adults 18-34 and beats it among Teens (+53%).
· Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader's median age (43) is lower than time period competitors Ugly Betty (50) and Survivor: Fiji (48).
· Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader is FOX's highest-rated regular Thursday prime program in 12 years among Adults 18-49 (since Living Single, 1994/95 season).
· The debut of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader marked FOX's best series launch in over 13 years among Adults 18-49 � its best EVER among Total Viewers (based on 2/27/07 telecast, excludes post-Super Bowl preview of Family Guy, 1/31/99).
· Bones ranks #1 in its Wednesday 8-9pm time period among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Adults 25-54, Women 18-49 and Men 18-49/18-34.
· Hell's Kitchen ranked #2 among Summer 2006 regular primetime programs among Adults 18-49.
· House ranks #1 among 2006/07 season regular primetime scripted series among Adults 18-49.
· House is the first show in FOX's history to rank as primetime's #1 scripted program among Adults 18-49.
· House is the only scripted series to rank among prime's Top 5 programs across Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens.
· House has the largest year-to-year increase of any primetime show returning in the same time period (+21% among Adults 18-49, 8.0/20 vs. 6.6/16).
· Prison Break ranks #1 in its Monday 8-9pm time period among Adults 18-34, Teens, Women 18-34 and Men 18-49/18-34/25-54.
So You Think You Can Dance
· So You Think You Can Dance ranked #1 among Summer 2006 regular primetime programs among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens.
· In Summer 2006, So You Think You Can Dance gained +22% in Adults 18-49 rating versus its Summer 2005 premiere season.
· The Wednesday 3/28/07 episode of 'Til Death was the highest-rated comedy telecast this season on any network (6.5/17 among Adults 18-49).
· 'Til Death achieved the highest Adults 18-49 lead-in retention for any post-American Idol comedy over the past four seasons.
· Ranking #4 among new 2006/07 season sitcoms, 'Til Death has a +7% Adults 18-49 rating advantage over NBC's 30 Rock.
· FOX has been the #1 network among Adults 18-49 on Saturday for nine years (since the 1998/99 season), the third-longest nightly win streak on any network in the past 20 years (behind NBC Thursday and ABC Tuesday).
FOX Sunday (Family Guy/The Simpsons)
· FOX Sunday 8-10pm is primetime's highest-rated comedy block among Adults 18-34 and Teens.
· The Simpsons and Family Guy are among the Top 5 primetime comedies this season among Adults 18-49.
· Family Guy is the #1 primetime comedy among Adults 18-34 and Teens, and ranks #2 among Women 18-34.