[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[04/18/15 - 08:56 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Tops Demos for Second Consecutive Week with "Shark Tank"
Plus: The CW's new Friday lineup opens on par with its offerings from a year ago.

[04/18/15 - 08:44 AM]
ABC Dominates Friday with the Top 3 Shows for the 2nd Straight Week
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, April 17.

[04/18/15 - 08:43 AM]
"Grimm" Ties for #2 in Its Time Period in Adults 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, April 17.

[04/17/15 - 01:16 PM]
NBC's "The Night Shift" Collaborates with First Lady Michelle Obama, Dr. Jill Biden and Joining Forces
The First Lady and Dr. Biden will also appear in the show's episode airing on Monday, May 4.

[04/17/15 - 11:47 AM]
CBS Announces 2014-2015 Season Finale Storylines, Featuring Dramatic Conclusions, Big Reveals and a Couple of Weddings
The Eye details its May sweeps programming highlights (SPOILERS!).

[04/17/15 - 10:20 AM]
Spike TV Partners with Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Warner Horizon Television to Develop Family Drama "Harvest"
The project centers on a mild-mannered cemetery caretaker who finds his small town life in jeopardy when his estranged, criminal father tracks him down.

[04/17/15 - 09:04 AM]
The Black Eyed Peas & ESPN Collaborate to Make 2015 NBA Playoffs "Awesome"
The broadcast open stars The Black Eyed Peas members' will.i.am, Taboo and apl.de.ap and features their hit single "Awesome," which they wrote for the NBA Playoffs and to capture the energy and excitement of the action.

[04/17/15 - 09:01 AM]
Live + 3 Day Ratings: ABC's "Secrets and Lies" Spikes 62% to Move Ahead of NBC's "A.D." in Adults 18-49
ABC further spins the numbers for Sunday, April 12.

[04/17/15 - 08:55 AM]
"Dateline" Delivers NBC's Top Total-Viewer Result in the Thursday 10 P.M. Hour in 11 Weeks
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, April 16.

[04/17/15 - 08:37 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: "Big Bang Theory" Keeps CBS on Top
The Eye once again leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[04/17/15 - 08:33 AM]
ABC's "Scandal" Returns Up and Wins Its Hour Among Adults 18-49
ABC spins the numbers for Thursday, April 16.

[04/17/15 - 08:22 AM]
LION BABE Covers Legendary Chicago Artist Curtis Mayfield's "Move on Up" for ESPN's NFL Draft
"Chicago has such a great music tradition and since the draft is here for the first time, we really wanted to use the song of a legendary artist from this city," said Kevin Wilson.

[04/17/15 - 08:04 AM]
TLC's "My 600-lb Life" Renewed for Season Four Following Highest Rated Season Ever
Currently in production for season four, the series will return to TLC with ten all new episodes and compelling weight loss stories in 1Q 2016.

[04/17/15 - 06:32 AM]
Early Look at BBC America's New Drama "The Last Kingdom" Coming in 2015
The project is an adaptation of Bernard Cornwell's best-selling series of novels "The Saxon Stories," by award-winning writer Stephen Butchard.

[04/16/15 - 03:20 PM]
Jennifer Lopez to Be Honored with the Hero Award at the 2015 Radio Disney Music Awards
Additionally, Rachel Platten will perform her single "Fight Song" as the RDMA Heroes for Change award is presented to two Radio Disney listeners in recognition of their efforts to make a difference in their communities.