[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[01/17/17 - 03:07 PM]
Jerry Seinfeld Brings His Comedy to Netflix
As part of the exclusive pact, new episodes of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" will arrive exclusively on Netflix in late 2017, as will previous episodes of the Emmy-nominated series.

[01/17/17 - 02:15 PM]
VH1 Enlists Real-Life Talk Show Pros on Upcoming Scripted Series "Daytime Divas" Set for Spring 2017 Premiere
Additional guest stars include Richard T. Jones, Tammy Blanchard and Ness Bautista.

[01/17/17 - 12:43 PM]
USA Network Announces "The Sinner" Starring Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman
The first installment of the close-ended series follows a young mother (Biel) who, when overcome by an inexplicable fit of rage, commits a startling act of violence and to her horror has no idea why.

[01/17/17 - 12:29 PM]
Video: Netflix Releases Featurette for "A Series of Unfortunate Events"
Today, Netflix released a featurette detailing the collective misery involved in bringing this most regrettable tale to life.

[01/17/17 - 12:08 PM]
"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" Builds on Record-Setting Season Premiere
FXX further spins the numbers for Wednesday, January 11.

[01/17/17 - 12:00 PM]
VH1 Sets Monday, February 20th for "The Breaks" Premiere
The original film, which aired last year on VH1, followed three young friends fulfilling their hip hop dreams in New York City in 1990.

[01/17/17 - 11:02 AM]
"Nashville" on CMT Ratings Soar with Newest Episode Outpacing the Premiere as CMT's Most Watched Original Telecast Ever
CMT further spins the numbers for Thursday, January 12.

[01/17/17 - 10:06 AM]
Emmy(R)-Winning Comedy Series "Girls," Created by and Starring Lena Dunham, Returns for Sixth and Final Season Feb. 12, Exclusively on HBO
Judd Apatow, Jenni Konner, Lena Dunham, Ilene S. Landress, Murray Miller and Bruce Eric Kaplan executive produce the show.

[01/17/17 - 09:50 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: "The Bachelor" Keeps ABC in Front
The Alphabet continues its win streak among adults 18-49.

[01/17/17 - 09:31 AM]
Amazon Original Series "The Collection" to Launch on Prime Video in the US on February 10
The series is a gripping family saga where scandal and betrayal plague the Sabine family's relentless pursuit of success.

[01/17/17 - 09:07 AM]
John Mankiewicz Joins and Daniel Pyne Expands Role on Amazon Original Series "Bosch"
Overmyer will remain an Executive Producer on "Bosch" and is taking over showrunner duties on "The Man in the High Castle."

[01/17/17 - 09:00 AM]
Meet the Talented Young Staff Who Produce the Pages of the Biggest Women's Media Brand in the World When "So Cosmo" Premieres Wed., Feb. 8 at 8 PM ET/PT Only on E!
The eight hour-long episode series uncovers the glamour and behind-the-scenes drama of these trendsetter's celebrity encounters, fashion and beauty shoots that occur at Cosmopolitan.

[01/17/17 - 09:00 AM]
The "52nd Academy of Country Music Awards(TM)" to Be Broadcast Live from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Sunday, April 2 on CBS
This will mark the first time the show will be broadcast from T-Mobile Arena.

[01/17/17 - 08:02 AM]
CNBC Expands Primetime Slate and Adds to Development Pipeline
The network today announced two returning series - "The Filthy Rich Guide" (spring) and "Jay Leno's Garage" (summer) both will be back for third seasons.

[01/17/17 - 08:01 AM]
Video: All New Official Trailer and Key Art for Netflix's "Santa Clarita Diet"
The new Netflix series stars Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant.