[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[11/28/14 - 10:29 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: NFL Cooks Up Thanksgiving Victory for NBC
A special Thursday edition of "Sunday Night Football" leads the night for the Peacock.

[11/28/14 - 08:25 AM]
Seahawks-49ers Delivers the Best-Ever Rating for Thanksgiving Primetime Game in Metered-Market Households
NBC spins the numbers for Wednesday, November 26 and Thursday, November 27.

[11/28/14 - 08:19 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Closes November Sweeps on Top
The Eye's "Criminal Minds" leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[11/28/14 - 07:59 AM]
"The NFL on CBS" Thanksgiving Day Game Rates as Highest in 16 Years
CBS spins the numbers for Thursday, November 27.

[11/27/14 - 12:01 AM]
Video: Trailer of NBC's Highly Anticipated Series "A.D." from Executive Producers Roma Downey and Mark Burnett
The limited series launches Easter Sunday, April 5 on the Peacock.

[11/26/14 - 11:15 AM]
Watch a Sneak Peek at a Special Bite-Sized "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" Airing Thanksgiving, After the Football Game, on FOX
Said installment, guest starring Eva Longoria, then airs in full on Sunday, November 30 at 8:30/7:30c.

[11/26/14 - 10:45 AM]
NBCSN Delivers Best F1 Season Ever for a Single Cable Network
NBCSN spins the numbers for its F1 coverage to date this season.

[11/26/14 - 10:45 AM]
Six Groups Battle for First Place on Wednesday, Dec. 17 in the Two-Hour Special Edition of "The Sing-Off"
Returning judges Jewel and Shawn Stockman will be joined by Fall Out Boy frontman Patrick Stump while Nick Lachey is once again set as host.

[11/26/14 - 09:56 AM]
TNT Offers On-Demand Sneak Peek of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's New Series "Wake Up Call"
Fans will be able to watch the sneak peek episode through the Watch TNT app & www.tntdrama.com starting Thanksgiving Day.

[11/26/14 - 09:45 AM]
Nick Jonas to Perform Hit Single "Jealous" from Self-Titled Album on Monday, Dec. 1 Telecast of "The Voice"
Hot country newcomer RaeLynn is also set to perform on the Tuesday, December 2 telecast.

[11/26/14 - 09:14 AM]
NBCSN Presents "NASCAR America" Specials Recapping the Thrilling Top Moments of 2014
The specials began airing during "NASCAR America's" 30-minute 5 p.m. ET time slot on Nov. 19, with new episodes debuting Dec. 1, 2, 10 and 11, and culminating on Dec. 16 with the Top 20 Moments of 2014.

[11/26/14 - 09:08 AM]
CBS to Broadcast Special Editions of "The Late Late Show," Jan. 5 - March 6
Judd Apatow, Will Arnett, Wayne Brady, Drew Carey, Jim Gaffigan, Billy Gardell, Sean Hayes, Thomas Lennon, John Mayer and Kunal Nayyar are among the scheduled guest hosts.

[11/26/14 - 08:52 AM]
"The Voice" Ranks #1 in Adults 18-34 and All Key Adult-Female Demos in Its Time Period
NBC spins the numbers for Tuesday, November 25.

[11/26/14 - 08:37 AM]
ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" Jumps to Season Highs for Its Top Finale Performance in 4 Seasons
ABC spins the numbers for Tuesday, November 25.

[11/26/14 - 08:31 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Dancing with the Stars" Gives ABC First Demo Win of the Season
The Alphabet also leads the night among total viewers.