[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[09/25/18 - 03:42 PM]
"Monday Night Football" Helps ESPN Win the Night in Households, Viewers and All Key Male and Adult Demos
ESPN spins the numbers for Monday, September 24.

[09/25/18 - 03:13 PM]
FOX Gives Straight-to-Series Order to Animated Comedy "Bless the Harts," To Air During the 2019-2020 Season
The voice ensemble includes Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Jillian Bell and Ike Barinholtz.

[09/25/18 - 11:30 AM]
Binge the New Season of CBS All Access' "No Activity" Beginning Thursday, Nov. 22
The show's second season debut marks the first time CBS All Access has released an entire season of an original series at once.

[09/25/18 - 10:42 AM]
Grammy(R)-Nominated Artist Lil Yachty to Star in "How High 2" - Sequel to Iconic Stoner Film Set to Premiere on MTV in Spring 2019
Lil Yachty plays "Roger, an entrepreneur and the younger brother of one of the protagonists from the original film.

[09/25/18 - 10:10 AM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Relives an American Scandal with "The Lost Tapes: Clinton Impeachment"
The latest installment airs Monday, October 29 at 9:00/8:00c.

[09/25/18 - 09:30 AM]
CBS Television Studios Extends Overall Deal with Robert and Michelle King for an Additional Three Years
"We couldn't be more delighted to continue our relationship with the fantastic people at CBS Studios," said Robert and Michelle.

[09/25/18 - 08:21 AM]
"The Daily Show with Trevor Noah" to Air Live on Midterm Election Night Tuesday, November 6 at 11:00 PM ET on Comedy Central
This marks the eighth time "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah" has aired live.

[09/25/18 - 08:19 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Opens Season on Top with "The Voice," "Manifest"
The Peacock kicks off the 2018-19 season in front among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[09/25/18 - 08:01 AM]
TV One's True Crime Mondays Premieres Mid-Season Return of "For My Man"
In its fourth season, the series features the salacious and shocking stories of women convicted of crimes committed in the name of love.

[09/25/18 - 07:32 AM]
"Making a Murderer Part 2" Launches Globally October 19
Netflix presents the highly-anticipated second chapter of the critically acclaimed, Emmy Award-winning original documentary series.

[09/25/18 - 06:34 AM]
Iconic Sports Journalists Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer to Provide Commentary and Analysis for "Thursday Night Football" on Prime Video in More Than 200 Countries and Territories
Prime Video customers can choose between the FOX broadcast with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, and three separate Prime Video exclusive audio streams.

[09/25/18 - 06:31 AM]
CMT Honors Country Music Icon Loretta Lynn with "Artist of a Lifetime" Award Presented by Ram Trucks at This Year's All-Female "Artists of the Year" Celebration
Sissy Spacek will bestow the award to Lynn, who joins previous recipients of the honor including Shania Twain (2016), Kenny Rogers (2015), and Merle Haggard (2014).

[09/25/18 - 06:30 AM]
Music Icon Mariah Carey and an All-Star Collaboration from benny blanco with Halsey & Khalid Announced for the "2018 American Music Awards"
Hosted by Tracee Ellis Ross, Awards," the world's largest fan-voted awards show will broadcast live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Tuesday, October 9 on ABC.

[09/24/18 - 12:02 PM]
Video: "Strange Times" - Stand Up Comedy Special Trailer - Netflix
Joe Rogan's new stand-up comedy special streams October 2 on Netflix.

[09/24/18 - 12:01 PM]
"The Sentence," A Searing Look at the Consequences of Mandatory-Minimum Sentencing for One Family, Debuts Oct. 15 on HBO
Rudy Valdez's directorial debut draws on hundreds of hours of footage to tell the story of a Michigan woman who was sentenced to 15 years for crimes committed by her late boyfriend, following a family in crisis as it struggles to obtain her release.