[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

(series past and present)
(series in development)
(tv movies and mini-series)

[10/08/15 - 11:05 AM]
"David Tutera's CELEBrations" Season Three Premieres Friday, October 30 at 10PM ET/PT on WE tv
Vanessa Williams, Vivica A. Fox, Kim Coles, Ian Ziering, Cynthia Bailey, Big Ang Raiola and Reza Farahan are among those featured in the new season.

[10/08/15 - 11:00 AM]
"Tyrant" Returning For Third Season on FX
The 10-episode third season will air in 2016.

[10/08/15 - 11:00 AM]
AMC Renews "Halt and Catch Fire" for Third Season
Co-creators and writers Christopher Cantwell and Christopher C. Rogers have been upped to showrunners for the 10-episode third season, which will return to AMC next summer.

[10/08/15 - 10:37 AM]
Jimmy Fallon Generates His Biggest Margin to Date vs. Colbert, Taking the Week of Sept. 28-Oct. 2 in 18-49 by a 41% Advantage
NBC spins the late-night numbers for the week of September 28-October 2.

[10/08/15 - 09:48 AM]
"The Operatives" Is Back Saving the World's Most Precious Wildlife and Eco-Systems in an All-New Season Premiering on Pivot on October 18 at 10 P.M.
With 10, all new, hour-long episodes, Pete Bethune and his hand-picked team of military elite travel to the furthest parts of the world to expose those suspected of endangering our wildlife and environment in an effort to bring them to justice.

[10/08/15 - 09:43 AM]
HBO NOW Arrives Today on the Roku Platform
Roku customers can purchase a subscription directly within the HBO NOW channel on their Roku device, which will also enable them to access the service at HBONOW.com and on other HBO NOW enabled devices.

[10/08/15 - 09:32 AM]
Syfy Launches All-New Virtual Reality Experience for Award-Winning "The Expanse" VR App
The app immerses viewers into the vast world of "The Expanse," giving them the opportunity to enter into locations from the show and experience them in virtual reality.

[10/08/15 - 09:32 AM]
Game 1 of 2015 WNBA Finals Sees Viewership Increase from 2014
ESPN spins the numbers for Sunday, October 4.

[10/08/15 - 09:14 AM]
Video: Extended Trailer for TNT's "The Librarians" Season 2, Premiering Sunday, Nov. 1
Check out the latest tease for the show's sophomore run.

[10/08/15 - 08:44 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Empire" Continues Its Reign for FOX
Plus: The CW sees year-to-year growth with the return of "Arrow" and "Supernatural."

[10/08/15 - 08:34 AM]
The Long Anticipated Third Season of David Cross' "Todd Margaret" Returns to IFC on Thursday, January 7, 2016
Jack McBrayer, Will Arnett, Blake Harrison, Sharon Horgan, Amber Tamblyn and Russ Tamblyn are among those featured in the new season.

[10/08/15 - 08:31 AM]
"Chicago P.D." Wins at 10 Among ABC, CBS and NBC in 18-49 and All Other Key Demos
NBC spins the numbers for Wednesday, October 7.

[10/08/15 - 08:28 AM]
"black-ish" Is the Night's Only Program to Post Week-to-Week Growth
ABC spins the numbers for Wednesday, October 7.

[10/08/15 - 08:22 AM]
HBO Latin America to Launch New Streaming Service for Latin America and the Caribbean
The company plans to start deploying the service in markets throughout the region, beginning with a launch in Colombia by the end of the year.

[10/08/15 - 08:01 AM]
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Rings in the Holidays with "The Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas," Featuring Originals and Beloved Christmas Classics Round-the-Clock Beginning October 31
Said lineup includes "Murder She Baked: A Plum Pudding Mystery," "The Christmas Note," "Magic Stocking" and "Debbie Macomber's Dashing Through The Snow."