[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[03/22/17 - 04:38 PM]
Outdoor Lifestyles Drive Double-Digit Ratings Growth on Great American Country
To build on that success in 2017, the network will deliver 254 hours of programming that focus on road trips, RV living and cool cabins.

[03/22/17 - 04:18 PM]
Jackson Galaxy Returns in Animal Planet's "My Cat from Hell" on Saturday, April 29
Between working with a cat named after him and saving the lives of 50 kittens, Jackson delves into his personal evolution exploring his past, present and future as he connects with remarkable felines in some of the most extreme circumstances.

[03/22/17 - 04:15 PM]
Travel Channel Programming Takes Off with Awesome Adventures in 2017
The network has commissioned more than 390 new hours of programming this year, including several freshman series and more than 18 pilots.

[03/22/17 - 04:11 PM]
NBC Bumps "Powerless" for Another "Trial & Error" Encore on Thursday
Look for a rebroadcast of the "A Wrench in the Case" episode at 8:30/7:30c.

[03/22/17 - 03:45 PM]
FOX Announces Summer Premiere Dates
This summer, Thursdays are all about match-making and music, with the debuts of "Love Connection" and "Beat Shazam" on May 25.

[03/22/17 - 03:18 PM]
HGTV Programming Primed and Ready for More Ratings Success in 2017
The cable channel is amplifying its 2017 programming lineup with an impressive 567 hours of original programming, including nine new series and fresh episodes of 28 popular titles.

[03/22/17 - 03:03 PM]
"Archer, P.I." Augmented Reality App Lets Fans Solve Cases Like Detective Sterling Archer
The multiplatform augmented reality app encourages fans to interact with "Archer: Dreamland" on screen and with real world objects to win prizes and solve cases.

[03/22/17 - 02:02 PM]
Dynamic Renovations of Vintage Properties, Beachfront Homes, Backyard Buildings and Swimming Pools Enhance DIY Network Programming Roster in 2017
The network is loading in 301 hours of new original programming in 2017, including 12 new series, 27 returning favorites and 22 one-hour specials.

[03/22/17 - 01:15 PM]
John Cho Joins "Difficult People" Season Three
Cho has been cast for a multi-episode arc in the third season.

[03/22/17 - 01:13 PM]
USA Network Pilot "Unsolved: The Murders of Biggie and Tupac" (WT) Announces Additional Casting Including the Role of Sean "Puffy" Combs
Luke James is set to play Sean "Puffy" Combs, the young and wildly successful founder of Bad Boy Records, the label of Christopher Wallace, aka Biggie Smalls.

[03/22/17 - 12:43 PM]
Bravo Media Delivers Top Shelf Drama on the Three-Part Reunion of "Vanderpump Rules" Beginning Monday, April 3 at 8 PM ET/PT
Jax Taylor, Stassi Schroeder, Scheana Shay, Tom Sandoval, Ariana Madix, James Kennedy, Katie Maloney, Tom Schwartz, Kristen Doute and Brittany Catwright hold nothing back as they answer the tough questions.

[03/22/17 - 11:09 AM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Recounts the Chaotic Days Following the Rodney King Verdict in "The Lost Tapes: LA Riots"
This latest installment of Smithsonian Channel's chilling series "The Lost Tapes" recaptures the chaotic days following the Rodney King verdict with powerful media coverage, home videos, gripping photographs and LAPD recordings.

[03/22/17 - 10:07 AM]
Diane Sawyer Interviews Caitlyn Jenner Two Years After Groundbreaking ABC News Special, Friday, April 21
ABC News Anchor Diane Sawyer will interview Caitlyn Jenner two years after the first exclusive one-on-one with the former Olympian.

[03/22/17 - 10:00 AM]
Additional Performers Announced for the "52nd ACM Awards"
Lauren Daigle, Faith Hill, Sam Hunt, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Reba McEntire, Thomas Rhett, Chris Stapleton, Cole Swindell, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban have been added to the stellar lineup of performers.

[03/22/17 - 09:19 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC, "The Voice" Stay on Top
ABC, CBS, FOX and The CW split the silver among adults 18-49.