[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[05/25/17 - 11:59 AM]
Rubber Hits the Road on the New Season of CNBC's "Jay Leno's Garage" Premiering Wednesday, June 28th
Celebrity guests this season include President George W. Bush and Laura Bush, Ted Koppel, Wanda Sykes, Michael Strahan, Brad Garrett, Josh Duhamel, J. B. Smoove, among others.

[05/25/17 - 10:59 AM]
History Orders Robert Zemeckis Scripted Drama Series "Blue Book"
"Blue Book" chronicles the true top secret United States Air Force-sponsored investigations into UFO-related phenomena in the 1950's and 60's known as "Project Blue Book."

[05/25/17 - 10:46 AM]
Summer Is Blazing Hot with "Teen Choice 2017" Live Sunday, August 13, on FOX
For 19 years, the special has presented performances and appearances by some of pop culture's brightest stars.

[05/25/17 - 10:30 AM]
The Avengers Return for an Action-Packed One-Hour "Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars" Season Four Premiere on Saturday, June 17, on Disney XD
Picking up right after the events of season three "Ultron Revolution," the fourth season finds Tony Stark trapped in another dimension.

[05/25/17 - 10:04 AM]
"Legends of Chamberlain Heights" Returns for Season Two on Sunday, June 18 at 11:30 P.M. ET/PT on Comedy Central
"Legends of Chamberlain Heights" is an urban animated series mixing raucous comedy and social commentary that centers on three high school freshman basketball benchwarmers.

[05/25/17 - 10:02 AM]
HBO Renews Hit Series "Silicon Valley" and "Veep" for 2018
Both shows are returning in 2018, it was announced today by Casey Bloys, president, HBO Programming.

[05/25/17 - 09:57 AM]
Ina Garten Launches "Barefoot Contessa: Cook Like a Pro" on Sunday, May 28th at 11AM ET/PT on Food Network
Each of the all-new eight episodes were shot on-location at Ina's home in East Hampton, New York.

[05/25/17 - 09:37 AM]
Video: Sneak Peaks from Netflix's "Friends from College" - Premieres July 14th
Soak up all of the immature use of mature language in four all new NSFW sneak peeks at the new Netflix original series.

[05/25/17 - 09:26 AM]
Hip-Hop. Money. Fame. Deception. Murder. All Collide in New Original Scripted Series, "Tales", Premiering Tuesday, June 27, 2017
The project is a scripted anthology series of "song stories" weaving classic and current hip-hop songs into captivating visual narratives from the lyrics of some of hip-hop's greatest hits.

[05/25/17 - 08:59 AM]
Video: All-New Hack into "Broad City!" Communication Barriers Keep Abbi & Ilana From Successfully Playing Synchronized Solitaire
Season four premieres on Wednesday, August 23 on Comedy Central.

[05/25/17 - 08:44 AM]
Bravo Media Premieres Season Three of "Odd Mom Out" on Wednesday, July 12 at 10PM ET/PT
Joining the cast this season is Christine Taylor playing Brooke's older sister, Barrett.

[05/25/17 - 08:26 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Survivor" Finale Puts CBS on Top
The Eye wins the evening in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[05/25/17 - 08:22 AM]
Travel Channel Names 10 of the Newest Extreme Waterslides to Ride this Weekend
These awesome aquatic adventures are just the beginning of the fun in Travel Channel's new season of "Xtreme Waterparks," premiering on Sunday, June 4.

[05/25/17 - 07:31 AM]
"Andi Mack" Has Been Ordered for Second Season on Disney Channel
The series ranks as the #1 TV series of 2017 to-date among Girls 6-11, Girls 9-14 and Girls 6-14.

[05/25/17 - 07:04 AM]
Video: EPIX Releases First Trailer for "Get Shorty"
The series is based in part on the 1990 Elmore Leonard novel of the same name.