[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

(series past and present)
(series in development)
(tv movies and mini-series)

[11/30/15 - 12:54 PM]
"Kobe Bryant's Muse" to Re-Air on Showtime(R) Tomorrow Night as Part of the Network's Sports Line-Up
The film includes intimate and exclusive footage in the aftermath of Bryant's shoulder injury which ended his 2014-2015 season with the Los Angeles Lakers.

[11/30/15 - 12:32 PM]
CBS Announces Winter and Spring Scheduling Plans
Highlights include the launch of "Angel from Hell" on Thursday, January 7 at 9:30/8:30c.

[11/30/15 - 12:17 PM]
Premiere of Disney Junior's "The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar" Is the #1 Primetime Cable TV Telecast of 2015 in Kids 2-5
Disney Channel further spins the numbers for Sunday, November 22.

[11/30/15 - 11:33 AM]
Hulu's "Seinfeld: The Apartment" Fan Experience to Return in Los Angeles
"Seinfeld: The Apartment" will be located at 8445 Melrose Ave. and will be open to the public from December 16th - 20.

[11/30/15 - 11:32 AM]
ABC Family Announces Fourth Season Pick-up of Hit Drama Series, "The Fosters"
The critically acclaimed family drama will premiere all-new episodes from the third season on Monday, January 25.

[11/30/15 - 11:06 AM]
Bravo Media Walks Down the Aisle with Four New Couples in the Super-Sized Season Three Premiere of "Newlyweds: The First Year" January 3 at 9PM ET/PT
The series will then regularly air Wednesdays at 10:00/9:00c beginning January 6.

[11/30/15 - 11:00 AM]
Disney XD Orders a Third Season of Hit Animated Series "Star Wars Rebels"
To date, "Star Wars Rebels" ranks as Disney XD's #2 series in Total Viewers (1.3 million), Kids 6-11, Boys 6-11 and Boys 2-11.

[11/30/15 - 10:05 AM]
E! Announces Season 4 of Hit Series "#RichKids of Beverly Hills" to Debut in 2016
Morgan Stewart and Brendan Fitzpatrick are ready to tie the knot and are taking E!'s cameras along for the luxurious ride.

[11/30/15 - 09:18 AM]
Video: VH1's "Love & Hip Hop New York" Season Six Supertrailer
Season six kicks off Monday, December 14 at 8:00/7:00c on the cable channel.

[11/30/15 - 09:04 AM]
CMT to Honor the Cast of "Nashville" with First-Ever "International Impact Award" Live During "2015 CMT Artists of the Year" Special on December 2 at 8PM ET/PT
Cast members Connie Britton, Clare Bowen, Chris Carmack, Will Chase, Charles Esten, Jonathan Jackson, Sam Palladio, Maisy Stella, Lennon Stella and Audrey Peeples are slated to accept the award on behalf of the entire cast.

[11/30/15 - 09:02 AM]
All the Legends Are True in the ABC Family Series Premiere of "Shadowhunters" on Tuesday, January 12th at 9:00 - 10:00 P.M., EST/PST
Plus: "Beyond the Shadows: The Making of Shadowhunters" will give fans of The Mortal Instruments book series a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the making of the television show.

[11/30/15 - 09:01 AM]
CBS Announces Two Super Bowl Specials
"Super Bowl's Greatest Commercials 2016" and "Super Bowl's Greatest Commercials All-Star Countdown" are both on tap for February.

[11/30/15 - 08:58 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Charts with "Sunday Night Football"
The Peacock easily wins the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[11/30/15 - 08:58 AM]
ABC Is the Most Watched Network in Late-Night for the 3rd Week Running
ABC spins the late-night numbers for the week of November 16-20.

[11/30/15 - 08:21 AM]
"Dateline NBC" Correspondent Keith Morrison Joins Investigation Discovery as New Host of "Dateline on ID" and Exclusive "Front Page" Specials
"Keith will bring his distinctive newsmagazine flair and reputation as a trusted news source to tell these stories to ID's audience as only he can with his incredibly unique and arresting delivery," said Henry Schleiff.