[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[05/18/19 - 08:34 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Demos with "The Blacklist" Finale
The Peacock takes home the adults 18-49 crown while CBS is the most-watched network.

[05/17/19 - 02:06 PM]
CBS to Broadcast Encore of "The Big Bang Theory" Final Episodes, Monday, May 20
"The Change Constant" and "The Stockholm Syndrome" will air back-to-back beginning at 8:00/7:00c.

[05/17/19 - 12:37 PM]
FOX Drops Monday, Wednesday Editions of "Paradise Hotel"; "So You Think You Can Dance" Return Moved Up to June 3
Repeats of "9-1-1" and "Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back" will instead fill said time periods as "Paradise Hotel" will now only air on Thursday nights through June 6.

[05/17/19 - 12:02 PM]
HBO Drama Series "Euphoria," Starring Zendaya, Debuts June 16
The series follows 17-year-old Rue Bennett (Zendaya), a drug addict fresh from rehab, who's struggling to make sense of her future.

[05/17/19 - 11:21 AM]
ID and People's Hit Series "People Magazine Investigates: Cults" Returns for Shocking Second Season Exploring the Seductive World of Cults
The six-episode new season premieres Monday, June 3 at 9:00/8:00c on Investigation Discovery.

[05/17/19 - 10:10 AM]
Netflix Unveils the Next Big Thing in Fashion!
Tan France and Alexa Chung will host "Next In Fashion," a high-stakes competition series featuring some of the world's best and quietly innovative designers who compete for a chance to become the next big name in fashion.

[05/17/19 - 10:07 AM]
Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie, BTS, Jonas Brothers, Halsey, Khalid, OneRepublic, Hootie & the Blowfish and More to Perform on Live "Voice" Finale
Each finalist will perform three times - one new solo cover, a special duet with their coach and the debut of their first original single.

[05/17/19 - 10:02 AM]
Innovative World War II Documentary "The Cold Blue," From Director Erik Nelson and Paul G. Allen's Vulcan Productions, Debuts June 6 on HBO
A meditation on youth, war, the film debuts on the 75th anniversary of D-Day.

[05/17/19 - 08:39 AM]
WE tv's No Holds Barred Spinoff Series "Love After Lockup: Life After Lockup" Premieres Friday, June 14
The new series follows five returning couples who fans have grown to know and love - or love to hate - as they face parole restrictions, temptation, and turbulence in their lives outside of prison walls.

[05/17/19 - 08:32 AM]
Cinemax Drama Series "Jett" Debuts June 14
Fresh out of prison, retired professional thief Daisy "Jett" Kowalski (Carla Gugino) is reluctantly drawn back into doing what she does best after being forced to quit following the birth of her child.

[05/17/19 - 08:14 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: "The Big Bang Theory" Goes Out on Top
CBS easily wins the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[05/17/19 - 08:00 AM]
Families Turn Homes Into Money-Making Short-Term Rental Properties in HGTV's "My House Is Your House"
The series showcases a Nashville-based mother-daughter duo, Victoria and Teryn, and a San Diego-based husband-wife team, Ryan and Claire, who help clients transform unused areas of their homes or lackluster rental spaces into stunning vacation properties.

[05/17/19 - 07:54 AM]
ESPN's Second Highest Rated NBA Western Conference Finals Game 2 Ever
ESPN spins the numbers for Thursday, May 16.

[05/17/19 - 07:49 AM]
"60 Minutes'" Steve Kroft to Retire After 30 Seasons on America's # 1 News Program
Kroft will announce his plans to step down this Sunday, May 19 after the broadcast's 51st season finale.

[05/17/19 - 07:00 AM]
CBS Announces Premiere Dates for Two Returning True-Crime News Series
Rocky Carroll returns to host the newly re-monikered "NCIS: The Cases They Can't Forget," premiering Wednesday, May 29.