[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[04/30/16 - 08:38 AM]
ABC Is #1 on Friday in Adults 18-49 as "Shark Tank" Surges to a 10-Week High
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, April 29.

[04/30/16 - 08:31 AM]
"Dateline" Grows, "Grimm" & "Caught on Camera" Maintain 100% Week-to-Week
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, April 29.

[04/29/16 - 10:01 PM]
Winner Announced on "Hell's Kitchen"
The winner received a Head Chef position at BLT Steak at Bally's Las Vegas, a total prize value of $250,000.

[04/29/16 - 04:26 PM]
Discovery Channel Dominates April with More Top Ten Unscripted Cable Series with Men Than Any Other Network
Discovery spins the numbers for the month of April to date.

[04/29/16 - 04:10 PM]
Video: Watch First Looks at "MasterChef" Premiering Wednesday, June 1, at 9/8c, on FOX!
Judging the battle rounds will be Gordon Ramsay and Christina Tosi, who will taste for flavor, creativity and presentation.

[04/29/16 - 04:04 PM]
It's Official: Season 2 of Netflix's "The Ranch" Coming in 2017!
Co-stars Ashton Kutcher, Danny Masterson and Sam Elliott shared the news in a video message this afternoon.

[04/29/16 - 03:22 PM]
Science Channel Delivers Highest Rated and Most Watched April Among Total Viewers and Key Demos
Science Channel spins the numbers for the month of April to date.

[04/29/16 - 12:36 PM]
Hulu Announces Straight-to-Series Order for "The Handmaid's Tale" from MGM Television
The series will be created, executive produced and written by Bruce Miller with Daniel Wilson, Fran Sears and Warren Littlefield serving as executive producers.

[04/29/16 - 12:32 PM]
Season Eight Winner Sawyer Fredericks and Hot Band DNCE to Appear on "The Voice" Tuesday, May 3
Fredericks not only won season eight but also set a record for the first artist to have 14 songs in the iTunes Top 200 singles chart in one week.

[04/29/16 - 12:18 PM]
Showtime 2016 Summer Programming Overview
Highlights include the return of "The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth" on Sunday, July 10 at 8:00/7:00c.

[04/29/16 - 11:16 AM]
Velocity Keeps Foot on the Gas in April with High Single and Double-Digit Ratings Increases
Velocity spins the numbers for the month of April to date.

[04/29/16 - 10:44 AM]
New Premiere Time Alert - "NASCAR: The Rise of American Speed" Three Night Special Events Premieres May 8, 15 and 22 tt 9PM ET/PT
The three-part event will now air at 9:00/8:00c instead of 10:00/9:00c as previously announced.

[04/29/16 - 09:51 AM]
NBC Olympics and Snapchat Partner to Present Unique Perspectives of the 2016 Rio Olympics & U.S. Olympic Team Trials
NBC Olympics will co-produce the NBC Rio Olympic Discover channel with Buzzfeed, a regular contributor to both the Snapchat Discover platform and NBC's content projects.

[04/29/16 - 09:11 AM]
"The Odd Couple" Grows to Season High Adults 18-49 Rating
CBS spins the numbers for Thursday, April 28.

[04/29/16 - 09:01 AM]
AMC Releases New Photos and Promo from "Preacher" - Highly Anticipated Series Launches May 22
Check out the latest images of Sheriff Root (W. Earl Brown), DeBlanc (Anatol Yusef) and Fiore (Derek Wilson).