[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[11/21/17 - 08:01 PM]
A Special All-Athletes Edition of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" Is Set to Premiere in Spring 2018 on ABC
10 athletes from all corners of the sports world will be teamed up with the show's professional dancers and compete on the ballroom floor for a chance to win the coveted Mirrorball trophy.

[11/21/17 - 12:43 PM]
"Antiques Roadshow" Appraiser Brings Guest to Tears in Stunning Season Opener!
Season 22 rolls out Monday, January 8 at 8:00/7:00c on PBS.

[11/21/17 - 12:07 PM]
The CW's Midseason Finale Dates
"Riverdale" and "Dynasty" will close out the network's 2017 originals on Wednesday, December 13.

[11/21/17 - 12:00 PM]
"Little Women: Atlanta" Returns with New Episodes on December 13th Followed by the Premiere of the Home Makeover Series "Little Women: Terra's Big House"
"Little Women: LA's Terra Jole and her husband Joe star in the latter series.

[11/21/17 - 11:50 AM]
Oxygen Media Uncovers Infamous Crimes in "Mysteries & Scandals" Hosted by Soledad O'Brien Premiering Friday, January 5 at 9 PM ET/PT
The 13 episode, hour-long series investigates some of the most legendary and intriguing crimes, murders, and scandals that shook the nation and impacted pop culture through vivid first-hand accounts, re-enactments and archival footage.

[11/21/17 - 11:30 AM]
FOX Announces Premiere Dates for "LA to Vegas" and "The Resident"
Plus: the network reveals return dates for the rest of its winter lineup.

[11/21/17 - 11:09 AM]
OWN Rings in the New Year with the Series Premiere of Tyler Perry's Comedy "The Paynes" January 16
Additionally, "The Haves and the Have Nots" and "If Loving You Is Wrong" will return Tuesday, January 9 and Wednesday, January 10, respectively.

[11/21/17 - 10:55 AM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Survives Winter's Extremes with "Panama's Animal Highway" and "America's Badlands"
Look for said specials on Wednesday, December 13 and December 20 at 8:00/7:00c, respectively.

[11/21/17 - 10:34 AM]
NBC Picks Up Third Season of "The Good Place"
The critically acclaimed Thursday night comedy will return for another 13-episode season.

[11/21/17 - 09:33 AM]
Stars of Screen, Stage and Sport to Gather in Silicon Valley to Celebrate Science at 6th Annual "Breakthrough Prize" Ceremony Sunday, December 3
For the first time, the show will be streamed live on the Facebook and YouTube platforms of Breakthrough Prize and National Geographic.

[11/21/17 - 09:07 AM]
"Ink Master: Angels" Soar Into a Second Season on Paramount Network
The second season of 10 hour-long episodes will debut on the Paramount Network in March 2018.

[11/21/17 - 08:34 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Holds Onto Top Spot in Viewers, Demos
"Dancing with the Stars" and "The Good Doctor" top said categories, respectively.

[11/21/17 - 08:09 AM]
"Unexpected" Is TLC's #1 New Series in 2017
TLC further spins the numbers for the series to date.

[11/21/17 - 08:06 AM]
"Charles Manson: The Final Words" New Documentary to Premiere Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 9PM ET/6PM PT
The documentary, narrated by musician and director Rob Zombie, focuses on the Manson family murders told from Manson's perspective using never-before-seen case files, pictures and exclusive interviews with Manson himself from inside California State Prison.

[11/21/17 - 07:01 AM]
Emmy(R) Award Winner Alexander Skarsgard Set to Star in The Ink Factory, BBC and AMC's "The Little Drummer Girl"
Production on the six-part mini-series begins early next year with global sales handled by Endeavor Content/IMG.