[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[07/29/14 - 04:58 PM]
Tiger Woods to Appear in First-Ever Exclusive Interview with FOX Sports, Tonight on FOX Sports 1
Woods discussed a range of topics over the course of the conversation, including where he is both mentally and physically at this stage of his return.

[07/29/14 - 03:39 PM]
TV Land Picks Up 10 Episodes of "The Gaffigan Show" Starring Comedian Jim Gaffigan
Ashley Williams, Adam Goldberg and Michael Ian Black also star in the project, which was previously set up at CBS.

[07/29/14 - 02:44 PM]
"Laughs," A Weekly Roundup of the Best Stand-Up Comedy in America, Premieres This Saturday, August 2nd on the Fox Television Stations
Steve Hofstetter hosts the series, which will share the funniest, laugh-out-loud moments from comedy clubs in Los Angeles, Washington DC, New York, Phoenix, Houston, Louisville, Chicago and more!

[07/29/14 - 01:27 PM]
Syfy's "12 Monkeys" to Commence Series Production in Toronto
The network also confirms additional casting, inking Tom Noonan and Emily Hampshire for recurring roles.

[07/29/14 - 12:57 PM]
VH1's "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" Is on Fire! All-New Episode Airing on a Special Night: Thursday, July 30th 8:00 PM ET/PT
Said installment will then encore in its regular time period on Monday, August 4 at 8:00/7:00c.

[07/29/14 - 12:52 PM]
Shawn Doyle Tapped as a Recurring Guest Star in USA Network's Globe-Trotting Espionage Drama "Covert Affairs"
He'll play Aleksandre Belenko, a Georgian diplomat educated in the U.S. and celebrated for his work with charitable organizations worldwide.

[07/29/14 - 12:35 PM]
FXX Sets Premiere Date for "The League" Season 6
The series will return on Wednesday, September 3 at 10:00/9:00c followed by new episodes of "Ali G Rezurection."

[07/29/14 - 12:02 PM]
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers to Perform on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" Thursday, July 31 on ABC
That evening, Kimmel will also welcome actress Kerry Washington from ABC's "Scandal."

[07/29/14 - 11:33 AM]
"The World Dog Awards" Makes Its Television Debut in January, 2015 on The CW
For the first time, dogs will be celebrated for their work in entertainment, health services and the military, along with everyday dogs who found fame on the internet.

[07/29/14 - 10:45 AM]
"Does Someone Have to Go?" Will Air on CNBC on August 20
The short-lived FOX series will rebroadcast on the network beginning on said Wednesday at 9:00/8:00c.

[07/29/14 - 10:34 AM]
NBC's Summer Hit "America's Got Talent" Adds Voting and Instant Save on Google Search Starting Tonight July 29 and 30
The new "Snapple Save" in the results shows completely changes the game in how fans choose the fate of the acts.

[07/29/14 - 10:34 AM]
"Anger Management" Partners with "Partners" Beginning Monday, August 4 on FX
Both Lionsgate-produced comedies will air back-to-back episodes for five consecutive weeks.

[07/29/14 - 10:28 AM]
Original Unscripted Series "Parents Just Don't Understand" to Premiere August 23 on the Hub Network
The unique reality series gives real kids and their parents a chance to find out what it feels like to be in the other person's shoes.

[07/29/14 - 10:25 AM]
American Heroes Channel Celebrates Best July Ever in Prime and Total Day Delivery Among P2+ and HH
American Heroes Channel spins the numbers for the month to date.

[07/29/14 - 10:00 AM]
VH1 Picks Up "Hit the Floor" for a Third Season
Season 3 of VH1's "Hit the Floor" is expected to premiere in May 2015 with 10 new episodes.