[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[02/24/17 - 04:46 PM]
The Second Season of "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders" Will Premiere Wednesday, March 8
The series will replace newcomer "Doubt" in the 10:00/9:00c hour.

[02/24/17 - 03:13 PM]
Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Warren Beatty, Sofia Boutella, Matt Damon and More Announced as Final Slate of 89th Oscars(R) Presenters
Also on tap: Faye Dunaway, Michael J. Fox, Ryan Gosling, Salma Hayek, Taraji P. Henson, Dev Patel, Seth Rogen, Octavia Spencer, Meryl Streep and Vince Vaughn.

[02/24/17 - 01:09 PM]
E! Exclusive Premiere of "Fifty Shades of Grey" to Air Sunday, March 5 at 7:30 PM ET/PT
The telecast will be followed by the debut of the network's second scripted series "The Arrangement."

[02/24/17 - 11:38 AM]
Platinum-Selling Artists Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello to Perform at "Nickelodeon's 2017 Kids' Choice Awards"
Hosted by WWE Superstar John Cena, the show will air live on Saturday, March 11 from USC's Galen Center in Los Angeles.

[02/24/17 - 10:11 AM]
Animated Adult Television Series "Animals.," Created by Phil Matarese & Mike Luciano, from Duplass Brothers Productions, Returns for Its Second Season March 17, Exclusively on HBO
The series is also available on HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO On Demand and affiliate portals.

[02/24/17 - 10:04 AM]
Video: The Story of "The Handmaid's Tale"
The 10-episode first season premieres Wednesday, April 26 on Hulu.

[02/24/17 - 09:30 AM]
Tracy Morgan Comes to Netflix with All-New Stand-Up Comedy Special Launching Tuesday, May 16th
Tracy Morgan's "Staying Alive" finds the comedy icon exploring his fresh take on life, career and mortality in the wake of surviving a devastating near-fatal traffic collision in 2014.

[02/24/17 - 09:30 AM]
BBC America's London East End Drama, "Ripper Street," Returns for Its Final Season on March 8
The powerful closing chapter picks up mere days after the grisly death of Detective Inspector Bennet Drake, which reunites his old friends, Detective Inspector Edmund Reid, surgeon Captain Homer Jackson and "Long" Susan Hart, to bring his murderer to justice.

[02/24/17 - 08:42 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Hangs Onto Demo Crown
A new "Grey's Anatomy" sparks another victory for the Alphabet among adults 18-49.

[02/24/17 - 08:30 AM]
Showtime(R) Celebrates "Twin Peaks" Day, Unveiling Dual Key Art
One poster depicts Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee), whose mysterious death sparked the "Twin Peaks" saga, while the other showcases series star Kyle MacLachlan as Special Agent Dale Cooper.

[02/24/17 - 07:03 AM]
Bravo Media Partners with Lay's for First-Ever Live "Top Chef" Quickfire Challenge
Fans can watch the delicious drama unfold through a Facebook Live special presentation on the official Top Chef page and on bravotv.com's "The Feast," the network's food-focused digital destination.

[02/24/17 - 07:01 AM]
The Guardians and the Avengers Team Up for an Epic One-Hour "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy" Season Two Premiere on Saturday, March 11, on Disney XD
Disney XD will also release six shorts following the adventures of the five main characters daily, beginning February 27 on the Disney XD app, VOD and Disney XD's YouTube.

[02/23/17 - 11:52 PM]
Development Update: Thursday, February 23
Updates include: Lauren Graham to lead "Linda from HR" for FOX; Josh Duhamel, Bokeem Woodbine to star in "Unsolved" at USA; and Lea Michele cast in ABC comedy pilot.

[02/23/17 - 03:05 PM]
Disney-ABC Television Group Wins Two Humanitas Prizes
ABC won the 30 Minute award for "black-ish" "Hope" episode, written by Kenya Barris.

[02/23/17 - 02:47 PM]
Video: New Trailer - Burning Sands - on Netflix March 10
The film was selected for the 2017 Sundance Film Festival US Dramatic Competition and will be available to Netflix members worldwide on Friday, March 10.