[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[07/20/17 - 03:55 PM]
Video: Bright - Official Trailer - Netflix
From the director of Suicide Squad and End of Watch, David Ayer, comes a new action-packed film starring Will Smith, Joel Edgerton and Noomi Rapace.

[07/20/17 - 03:02 PM]
Video: First Look at "Stan Against Evil" Season 2 Unveiled at Comic-Con International: San Diego
Season 2 premieres Wednesday, November 1 at 10:00/9:00c on IFC.

[07/20/17 - 01:45 PM]
Sarah Hyland Revealed to Be a Surprising New Form of the Seelie Queen, and Fan Favorite Alisha Wainwright Upped to Series Regular for Season Three in Freeform's Hit Original Series "Shadowhunters"
Along with revealing who Sarah Hyland is playing, an exclusive first look at her portrayal of the Seelie Queen was shown during the panel.

[07/20/17 - 01:00 PM]
Discovery's "First in Human," Narrated by Jim Parsons, Begins Airing August 10
The project is a three-part, six-hour medical documentary series taking viewers inside the crucial beginning phase of scientific research.

[07/20/17 - 12:26 PM]
One Crime, Three Lives Forever Changed: Investigation Discovery's New Series "Shattered" Reveals the Effects of Murder on Those Left Behind
The series launches Wednesday, August 23 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[07/20/17 - 12:25 PM]
A+E Networks to Release New Short-Form Series "Chloe Does It!" - Stars Chloe Lukasiak from Lifetime's "Dance Moms"
Two episodes of "Chloe Does It!" will premiere each week on Lifetime's YouTube channel beginning Monday, July 24.

[07/20/17 - 12:13 PM]
Video: Stan Lee: The Man, the Myth, the Marvel Hero - Featurette - Netflix
Stan Lee's ode to New York City and the power, beauty, relevance and human narratives behind Marvel's heroes.

[07/20/17 - 11:43 AM]
Video: "Voltron" - Season 3 Teaser - Netflix
All-new episodes of "Voltron: Legendary Defender" come to Netflix on Friday, August 4.

[07/20/17 - 11:15 AM]
A&E Network Sets Season Two Premiere Date for "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath"
The series, nominated for the 2017 Emmy Award for Outstanding Informational Series or Special, returns Tuesday, August 15 at 9:00/8:00c.

[07/20/17 - 10:08 AM]
HBO Shares First Look Photo for HBO Films' "Fahrenheit 451"
Michael Shannon and Michael B. Jordan star in the project, based on Ray Bradbury's classic dystopian novel which depicts a future where media is an opiate, history is outlawed and "firemen" burn books.

[07/20/17 - 10:02 AM]
TLC Takes a Closer Look Into Jackie Evancho & Family in Hour-Long Special "Growing Up Evancho"
The special premieres Wednesday, August 9 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[07/20/17 - 09:21 AM]
FMI Partners with Amazon US for "Picnic at Hanging Rock"
The epic new series, starring Natalie Dormer as English headmistress Mrs. Hester Appleyard, is a re-imagining of Joan Lindsay's timeless Australian novel.

[07/20/17 - 09:05 AM]
Hulu's Fall 2017 Programming Slate
The streaming service reveals premiere dates for "The Mindy Project," "Chance," "I Love You, America," "Freakish," "Future Man," "Marvel's Runaways," "East Los High," "Shut Eye" and more!

[07/20/17 - 08:30 AM]
E! Hits All the Right Notes with New Series "The Platinum Life"
Set to premiere this fall, the series follows an elite group of music's most savvy women and their significant others as they live their first-class lifestyles.

[07/20/17 - 08:27 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Takes Home Top Honors with "Big Brother"
The Eye's summer mainstay leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.