[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[05/27/15 - 10:59 AM]
Revised: New Hallmark Channel Original Movie World Premiere Dates For "June Weddings"
Now look for "Perfect Match" on Saturday, June 20; "A Country Wedding" on Sunday, June 21; and "Love, Again" on Saturday, June 27.

[05/27/15 - 10:11 AM]
From Bulls to Burgers and the "Men in Blazers" Esquire Network Announces Sizzling Summer Line-Up
Newcomers include "The Agent" on Tuesday, July 21 and "The Next Great Burger" on Wednesday, July 22.

[05/27/15 - 10:07 AM]
Spike TV Inks Season Seven of "Ink Master" And Creates Spin-Off Series "Ink Master: Redemption"
The network will launch the newest installment of "Ink Master" - season six - on Tuesday, June 23 at 10:00/9:00c.

[05/27/15 - 10:03 AM]
Destination America Brings More Action to the Ring Acquiring the Rights to Ring of Honor's Weekly Television Programming
The series will air Wednesdays at 8:00/7:00c, leading into "Impact Wrestling" at 9:00/8:00c, beginning June 3.

[05/27/15 - 10:00 AM]
TV One's Black Music Month Kicks Off with a New Season of "Unsung" Premiering Wednesday, June 3 at 8PM/ET
In a special episode, "Unsung Revisited," viewers will receive an update on artists, including Full Force, Zapp & Roger, Sylvester, and Miki Howard, who following their features on the series, have experienced profound changes to their lives and legacy.

[05/27/15 - 08:58 AM]
"Talent" and "I Can Do That" Are #1-2 Shows of the Night on the Big 4 Networks in Every Key Demo
NBC spins the numbers for Tuesday, May 26.

[05/27/15 - 08:34 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: "America's Got Talent" Returns on Top for NBC
The Peacock leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[05/27/15 - 08:33 AM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Examines the Real Stories Behind Visionary Innovators and Their World-Changing Ideas - "My Million Dollar Invention"
The eight-part series launches Sunday, June 14 at 8:00/7:00c on the network.

[05/27/15 - 08:33 AM]
ABC's "500 Questions" Earns Its 2nd-Best Adult 18-49 Rating
ABC spins the numbers for Tuesday, May 26.

[05/27/15 - 08:28 AM]
John Michael Higgins and Paula Marshall to Guest Star in ABC Family's Peabody Award-Winning Series "Switched at Birth"
They're set as the parents of Daphne's boyfriend, Mingo.

[05/27/15 - 08:26 AM]
Comedy Central's New Historical and Satirical Series "Another Period" Premieres June 23 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT
Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome co-star in the newcomer, which they also co-created.

[05/27/15 - 07:31 AM]
Discovery Family Channel Brings Audiences Back to the Kalahari Desert with a Decidely "Downton" Twist in Two 90 Minute Specials, "Meerkat Manor: The Monarchy Begins" and "Meerkat Manor: The Monarchy Under Attack"
The specials feature entirely new narration inspired by ITV (UK) and PBS' smash-hit British period drama, packaged with reversioned footage from the series' first two seasons.

[05/27/15 - 07:28 AM]
New Additions to the Season Seven Cast of "Nick Cannon Presents Wild 'N Out" Feature Hot Comedic Talent and Social Media All-Stars
DC Young Fly, Matt Rife, Darren Brand, Aarona Lopez, TattooManPaige and Hunter Stiebel are among the new additions.

[05/27/15 - 07:09 AM]
BBC America's "Doctor Who" Set for Hall H Panel at Comic-Con
Capaldi's first season delivered BBC America its highest rated season ever and is available now on all digital platforms.

[05/27/15 - 06:57 AM]
"Over My Dead Body" with Linda Hamilton Adds Edge-of-Your-Seat Action to Investigation Discovery's June Programming Slate
Said effort is an adrenaline-fueled, 12-episode docu-series premiering Monday, June 15 at 10:00/9:00c and 10:30/9:30c.