[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[06/21/18 - 05:30 PM]
ABC Picks Up "The Conners" (Working Title) Straight to Series to Premiere This Fall
The series, featuring John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson and Michael Fishman as their beloved Conner characters, is set to air Tuesdays (8:00-8:30 p.m.).

[06/21/18 - 02:49 PM]
Felicity Huffman Joins Angela Bassett and Patricia Arquette in "Otherhood" for Netflix
Cindy Chupack is directing the film, which is based on William Sutcliffe's novel "Whatever Makes You Happy."

[06/21/18 - 02:09 PM]
Netflix Makes Overall Deal with Steven S. DeKnight
Most recently, he was the writer and director on his first feature film "Pacific Rim Uprising."

[06/21/18 - 02:02 PM]
New Season of Travel Channel's "Ghost Adventures" Kicks Off with Record-Setting Ratings
Travel Channel further spins the numbers for Saturday, June 16.

[06/21/18 - 11:31 AM]
Lifetime Greenlights Trio of Movies from Global Best-Selling Author Jane Green for 2019 Movie Event
The first film in the series, "Tempting Fate," will star Alyssa Milano and begins production today in Vancouver.

[06/21/18 - 10:47 AM]
Video: Netflix Reveals Trailer for "Flavors of Youth" from the Producers of "Your Name"
Told in three chapters in three cities, "Flavors of Youth" explores the simple joys of life through sensual memories and how the beating heart of love cannot be defeated by the flow of time.

[06/21/18 - 10:10 AM]
Bravo Media Kicks Off Casting for "Project Runway" Season Seventeen
Returning to its original home on Bravo, the winner of "Project Runway" will take home $250,000, the largest cash prize in series history.

[06/21/18 - 09:55 AM]
Third Season of HGTV Hit "Desert Flippers" Brings More Sizzling Home Renos to Palm Springs
Real estate and home renovation experts Eric and Lindsey Bennett will fix and flip more hot properties in Palm Springs, California, in a new season.

[06/21/18 - 09:52 AM]
Video: Sony Crackle Releases Trailer and Key Art for Summer Original Movie, "Office Uprising," Premiering Thursday, July 19
Brenton Thwaites, Zachary Levi, Jane Levy, Karan Soni, Ian Harding and Alan Ritchson star in the project.

[06/21/18 - 09:10 AM]
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Tapped as Roast Master for the "Comedy Central Roast of Bruce Willis"
The event (#BruceWillisRoast) will tape at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles on Saturday, July 14 and will premiere on Sunday, July 29 at 10:00/9:00c on Comedy Central.

[06/21/18 - 09:03 AM]
Prime Video Exclusive "Zoe" to Launch on July 20
The futuristic love story follows two colleagues, played by Ewan McGregor and Léa Seydoux, at a revolutionary research lab who design technology to improve and perfect romantic relationships.

[06/21/18 - 09:02 AM]
AT&T Audience Network to Bring "Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience" and Show Panel to 2018 San Diego Comic-Con International
Fans can be the first to play the virtual reality (VR) escape room game, "Mr. Mercedes: Lair Escape," on the HTC Vive Pro - the next generation of VR headsets.

[06/21/18 - 09:00 AM]
"Adventure Time" Minecraft Partnership Expands to Consumer Products; Announces Episode Premiere Date
This special episode titled "Diamonds and Lemons" features Finn and his friends experiencing setbacks and creative triumphs in a fantastic new vision of Ooo.

[06/21/18 - 08:58 AM]
MTV Launches "MTV Studios" After Record Growth on Linear and Digital
The initial slate includes a reimagined version of the feminist icon "Daria"; cult sci-fi hit "Aeon Flux"; groundbreaking reality series "The Real World"; and an update of the Emmy Award-winning coming of age unscripted series "Made."

[06/21/18 - 08:24 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: FOX, Gordon Ramsay Lead Demo Race
The network wins the night among adults 18-49 while CBS is the most-watched broadcaster.