[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[05/27/16 - 10:31 AM]
AMC Is Now Home to Five of the Top 10 Shows on Cable TV and Two of the Top Three Cable Premieres This Television Season
AMC spins the numbers for the season to date.

[05/27/16 - 10:07 AM]
Pittsburgh Penguins Host San Jose Sharks in Game 1 of Stanley Cup Final Monday, May 30 - Memorial Day - at 8 P.M. ET on NBC
The Sharks advanced to their first Stanley Cup Final in franchise history with a 5-2 win in Game 6 of the Western Conference Final vs. St. Louis, while Pittsburgh advanced with a 2-1 win in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

[05/27/16 - 08:28 AM]
Night 1 of "500 Questions" Dominates Its Thursday Unscripted Competition
ABC spins the numbers for Thursday, May 26.

[05/27/16 - 08:23 AM]
NBC's "The Red Nose Day Special" Draws a 0.6/2 and 2.155 Million Viewers Overall
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, May 26.

[05/27/16 - 07:11 AM]
Destination America Steps Into the Darkest Town in America in the All-New Series "Ghosts of Shepherdstown"
The six-part series launches Sunday, June 12 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[05/27/16 - 06:00 AM]
2nd Annual Red Nose Day Raises Over $31.5 Million for Kids in Need, Over 70 Stars Join NBC for Live Charity Event "The Red Nose Day Special"
Elton John, Julia Roberts, Jack Black, Ellen DeGeneres, Tracy Morgan, Blake Shelton, Will Ferrell and Zac Efron were among the many celebrities who appeared in the live, two-hour charity television event.

[05/26/16 - 03:11 PM]
ITV and Hulu Commission Exciting Eight-Part Drama Series "Harlots"
Acclaimed actresses Samantha Morton, Lesley Manville and Jessica Brown Findlay are set to star in the series, which will be produced by Monumental Pictures.

[05/26/16 - 02:37 PM]
"Comedy Bang! Bang!" Gets "Weird" with a One-Week Free Preview of This Season's Premiere Episode
IFC is previewing the first episode of this upcoming season free on IFC.com, through the IFC mobile app, On Demand and wherever the internet lives one week before it premieres on IFC on Friday, June 3.

[05/26/16 - 02:32 PM]
"Brett Gelman's Dinner in America" Special Premieres Friday, July 1st at Midnight (ET/PT) on Adult Swim
The premise is simple: A roundtable discussion in which Brett attempts to engage four distinguished actors - Loretta Devine, Shareeka Epps, Joe Morton and Mack Wilds - in an open forum on racism.

[05/26/16 - 01:43 PM]
AMC.com Releases the Director's Commentary on the "Preacher" Pilot
Series executive producers and directors Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg give viewers an exclusive inside look at the premiere episode.

[05/26/16 - 12:52 PM]
CBS to Finish "Angel from Hell," "Rush Hour" Runs on Saturday Nights
Look for the former to return on Saturday, July 2 while the latter will resume on Saturday, July 23.

[05/26/16 - 12:41 PM]
Video: Showtime(R) Drops the New Trailer for Its Music Series "Roadies," The First Original Series from Oscar(R) Winner Cameron Crowe
The series gives an insider's look at the reckless, romantic, funny and often poignant lives of a committed group of roadies who live for music and the de facto family they've formed along the way.

[05/26/16 - 12:07 PM]
Michael Bloom Joins TBS & TNT as Senior Vice President of Unscripted Series and Specials
Most recently, Bloom was instrumental in forging the architecture for ELeague, the new eSports co-venture between Turner and WME | IMG.

[05/26/16 - 12:03 PM]
Kobe Bryant Named "Athlete of the Decade" by Spike TV
Spike TV proudly honors the Lakers' iconic superstar with its first ever "Athlete of the Decade" award to be presented at the network's 10th Annual "Guys Choice" event.

[05/26/16 - 12:02 PM]
WGN America's "Outsiders" Star David Morse Throws Out First Pitch at the Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Game, In Celebration of the Start of Production on the Hit Series' Season Two
Morse's first pitch comes on the heels of Pittsburgh Mayor William Peduto declaring Wednesday, May 18 "Outsiders Day," with a proclamation ceremony at City Hall.