[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[02/23/18 - 11:14 PM]
Development Update: Friday, February 23
Updates include: Roselyn Sanchez checks into ABC's "Grand Hotel"; Sarah Jeffery latest cast in The CW's "Charmed" reboot; and John Larroquette signs onto ABC's "Three Rivers."

[02/23/18 - 04:40 PM]
Video: First-Look of John Legend Rehearsing from "Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert"
The production will air live Easter Sunday, April 1 at 8 pm ET/PT in front of a large audience at the Marcy Armory in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York.

[02/23/18 - 02:01 PM]
NBC Tops Other Broadcast Networks Combined in Primetime for 32nd Consecutive Olympic Night
NBC further spins the numbers for Thursday, February 22.

[02/23/18 - 01:52 PM]
18.1 Million Viewers Watch Daytona 500 on FOX
FOX Sports further spins the numbers for Sunday, February 18.

[02/23/18 - 01:01 PM]
Video: Syfy's "The Expanse" Reveals Season 3 Premiere Date and Trailer
Picking up immediately following the emotional and suspenseful second season finale, the 13-episode third season finds Earth, Mars and The Belt at war, with each competing entity vying for control.

[02/23/18 - 11:08 AM]
"Paterno" Debuts Saturday, April 7 on HBO
Starring Al Pacino in the title role, the drama centers on Penn State's Joe Paterno in the aftermath of the Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse scandal.

[02/23/18 - 10:18 AM]
Starz Original Series "Vida" Showrunner and Executive Producer Tanya Saracho Inks Exclusive Multi-Year Deal with Starz
Under the pact, Saracho will develop new projects for the network and continue as showrunner and executive producer on "Vida."

[02/23/18 - 10:05 AM]
Paramount Network's "Bar Rescue" Returns for Season Six on Sunday, March 11
"Bar Rescue" returns with all new episodes featuring bar owners across the US looking for one more chance at success.

[02/23/18 - 10:00 AM]
Netflix and Constantin Film Announce the Start of Production of "Polar"
Mads Mikkelsen, Vanessa Hudgens, Katheryn Winnick and Matt Lucas star in the film.

[02/23/18 - 09:31 AM]
Video: Take a Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Making of "Everything Sucks!"
The footage was shot entirely on handheld video cameras by the cast during production.

[02/23/18 - 08:31 AM]
Disney Channel Greenlights "Amphibia" and "The Owl House"
The network has also ordered a season four pickup for Disney TVA's Annie Award-nominated "Star vs. The Forces of Evil" from creator Daron Nefcy.

[02/23/18 - 08:30 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Holds Onto Top Spot with Winter Olympics
The Peacock continues its streak among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[02/23/18 - 08:24 AM]
Maxine Peake & Brian Gleeson Join Desiree Akhavan in "The Bisexual"
The six-part series will be made available via Hulu in the United States.

[02/23/18 - 08:02 AM]
Video: Netflix Unleashes the "Queer Eye" Fab Five on One of Their Own!
The Fab 5 from "Queer Eye" took Netflix's Los Angeles headquarters by storm, making over their IT department known as the NERDS.

[02/23/18 - 05:01 AM]
90th Oscars(R) Performers Announced
Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal, Mary J. Blige, Andra Day, Natalia Lafourcade, Miguel, Keala Settle, Sufjan Stevens and Oscar winner Common will perform this year's nominated songs at the 90th Oscars ceremony.