[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[04/25/17 - 09:20 AM]
Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment Announce All-New Live-Action Series "Titans," from Executive Producers Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter, to Debut in 2018
Additionally, Warner Bros. Animation's "Young Justice: Outsiders," the highly anticipated third season of the popular "Young Justice" series, is also ramping up for its first mission next year.

[04/25/17 - 09:07 AM]
Season 3 of CNBC's "The Filthy Rich Guide" Begins May 10th
Season 3A airs for five consecutive Wednesdays with the remaining five episodes of Season 3B due on August 15.

[04/25/17 - 08:14 AM]
Elvis Costello & The Imposters to Perform at After-Party for "Full Frontal with Samantha Bee's" First Annual "Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner"
All proceeds from "Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner" will go to the Committee to Protect Journalists (cpj.org).

[04/25/17 - 07:01 AM]
TBS Renews "The Detour" for Third Season
"I hear from so many people who love 'The Detour,' even my hardcore comedy friends," said Thom Hinkle, senior vice president of original programming for TBS.

[04/25/17 - 07:00 AM]
"The New I Love Lucy Superstar Special" Featuring Two Classic Episodes to Be Broadcast Friday, May 19
The two episodes, "The Dancing Star," featuring Van Johnson, and "Harpo Marx," with comedian Harpo Marx, are newly colorized with a nod to the 1950s period in which they were filmed.

[04/25/17 - 06:01 AM]
In an Unprecedented, Far-Reaching Programming Event, the Disney Channel Original Movie "Descendants 2" Will Have a Simultaneous Premiere on Five Television Networks Within the Disney-ABC Television Group, Friday, July 21
Disney Channel, ABC, Disney XD, Freeform and Lifetime are among the participating networks.

[04/24/17 - 06:05 PM]
TLC Breaks Record Ratings on Sunday Night with Veteran Series and Premiere of Live Television Event
TLC spins the numbers for Sunday, April 23.

[04/24/17 - 06:01 PM]
NBC Drops "Powerless" from Thursdays; "Superstore" to Fill Entire Hour
Look for repeats at 8:00/7:00c followed by original installments at 8:30/7:30c.

[04/24/17 - 04:21 PM]
Tarek and Christina El Moussa Will Return for New Season of Hit HGTV Series "Flip or Flop" in December
Five of the 20 episodes are currently in post-production, with filming of the remaining episodes continuing through the fall.

[04/24/17 - 04:15 PM]
Freeform's "Famous In Love" Amasses Over 10 Million Total Views During Its Premiere Week as "Pretty Little Liars" Returns at No. 1 Across Target Demos
Freeform further spins the numbers for Tuesday, April 18.

[04/24/17 - 12:35 PM]
"Fargo" Returns Strong with Third Installment Premiere - Premiere Telecast Delivers 3 Million Total Viewers
FX further spins the numbers for Wednesday, April 19.

[04/24/17 - 12:05 PM]
"Mommy Dead and Dearest," A True-Crime Murder Story Exploring One of Psychology's Most Controversial Conditions, Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome, Debuts May 15, Exclusively on HBO
Erin Lee Carr ("Thought Crimes: The Case of the Cannibal Cop") returns to HBO to explore another true-crime story in the age of social media.

[04/24/17 - 12:00 PM]
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Presents "Alabama Week"
"Alabama Week" will feature nightly segments shot on location in cities and towns across the state including Selma, Tuscaloosa, Huntsville, Mobile and Montgomery.

[04/24/17 - 11:15 AM]
HBO Celebrates Asian Pacific Heritage Month with Premiere of "HBO Asian Pacific American Visionaries"
Exploring a range of controversial issues, the award-winning shorts examine crime, addiction and family turmoil within the APA community.

[04/24/17 - 09:38 AM]
ESPN's & ABC's NBA Playoffs Ratings Up Double-Digits in Second Weekend
ESPN spins the numbers for its NBA postseason coverage to date.