[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[08/31/15 - 05:52 PM]
Kesha to Appear on "Jane the Virgin"
She'll play a rocker who moves next door to Jane and isn't exactly a "baby person" in the second episode this season.

[08/31/15 - 03:11 PM]
The Dome Will Come Down and Its Mysterious Origins Revealed During the Series Finale of "Under the Dome," Thursday, Sept. 10
All three seasons will continue to be available for unlimited streaming to fans and members of Amazon's Prime Video.

[08/31/15 - 02:31 PM]
Video: Only Three Weeks Until the Return of "Gotham: Rise of the Villains"
Check out the latest teases for the new season, premiering Monday, September 21 on FOX.

[08/31/15 - 02:01 PM]
TV Land Announces Second Season Orders for Successful Freshman Comedies "The Jim Gaffigan Show" and "Impastor"
"We're really proud of these shows that represent the new TV Land," said Keith Cox. "They have quality writing and great casts, and we're excited to move on to season two for both."

[08/31/15 - 01:40 PM]
Bravo Media's "Below Deck" Earns Highest-Rated Season Premiere in Series History with 1.6 Million Total Viewers
Bravo further spins the numbers for Tuesday, August 25.

[08/31/15 - 12:28 PM]
Lifetime Adds "Murder in Mexico: The Bruce Beresford-Redman Story" to September Original Movie Slate
Colin Egglesfield star in the project, which is based on the true story of reality producer Bruce Beresford-Redman.

[08/31/15 - 12:13 PM]
E!'s New Comedy Debate Series "We Have Issues" Premieres Friday, September 18th
Comedians Julian McCullough and Annie Lederman host the series, which will follow "The Soup" on Friday nights.

[08/31/15 - 11:36 AM]
With Big Money on the Line, Auto Auctions Are Anything But "Chummy" in an All New Season of Velocity's "Dallas Car Sharks"
Velocity turns the key on this new 14-episode season with back-to-back premieres on Wednesday, September 16 at 10:00/9:00c and 10:30/9:30c.

[08/31/15 - 11:04 AM]
TNT Brings the Drama with Four Hot Fall Shows
Newcomer "Agent X" joins returning series "The Librarians," "Major Crimes" and "Legends."

[08/31/15 - 10:56 AM]
Oxygen Media Gets in the Game with "Pretty. Strong." Premiering Tuesday, October 6 at 10 PM ET/PT
Following the league's two-time reigning champions the Chicago Bliss, this series delves into the lives of eight women of the gridiron as they navigate life both on and off the field.

[08/31/15 - 10:53 AM]
Chi-Town Gets Inked as VH1 Premieres the New Series "Black Ink Crew: Chicago" on Monday, October 26th at 9PM ET/PT
The series follows a passionate and ambitious group of friends through the unforgiving streets of Chicago as they band together to create new identities for themselves, their families and their business.

[08/31/15 - 10:30 AM]
Disney XD and Maker Studios Launch Talent and Content Incubation Program, "Disney XD by Maker"
Disney XD by Maker will incubate content with Maker's leading creators and will also utilize the Maker Offers platform to allow up-and-coming creators worldwide to participate.

[08/31/15 - 10:24 AM]
A Dud in the Sack Attempts to Please His Wife in Discovery Life Channel's Hilarious Special "How to Make Love to My Wife"
The one-hour special premieres Monday, September 7 at 10:00/9:00c on the network.

[08/31/15 - 09:54 AM]
"The Willis Family" Sings Into a New Season on TLC
The new season is slated to premiere in early 2016.

[08/31/15 - 09:36 AM]
Explorer Josh Gates Sets Out on All-New Thrilling Adventures Investigating the World's Most Intriguing Legends - The Search for the Real Robin Hood, Blackbeard's Hidden Gold, Genghis Khan's Tomb and More
"Expedition Unknown" returns Wednesday, October 7 at 9:00/8:00c on Travel Channel.