[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[07/23/16 - 07:19 PM]
Video: "Vixen" Season 2 Sneak Peek Highlight Reel Comic-Con(R) 2016
The sizzle is highlighted by guest appearances from The Flash, Firestorm and Weather Wizard.

[07/23/16 - 07:18 PM]
Video: "The Flash" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel & Season 3 First Look
The exclusive highlight reel offered attendees a first look at footage from the show's fast-approaching third season.

[07/23/16 - 07:17 PM]
Video: "Arrow" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel
The annual, and always on point, SDCC highlight reel featured first looks at Team Arrow 2.0 recruits Evelyn Sharp and Wild Dog.

[07/23/16 - 05:13 PM]
Video: "Scream Queens" - Panel Highlights
Check out some hilarious highlights from the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:12 PM]
Video: "The Exorcist" - Panel Highlights & Fan Reactions
The cast the creators discuss the all-new FOX show at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:11 PM]
Video: "Bob's Burgers" - Panel Highlights & Cast Impressions
Take a look at some of the questions the creators and cast answered during the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:10 PM]
Video: "Bones" - Panel Highlights
The cast and creators talk about the past and the future of the show at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:02 PM]
New Heroes and Villains on Board for Season Two of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow"
Plus: watch the panel's highlight reel that recapped all the exciting Season 1 action.

[07/23/16 - 04:30 PM]
Video: BBC America Releases First Look at Original Series "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency"
The series is now in production and will premiere October 22.

[07/23/16 - 04:18 PM]
Wayne Enterprises Gifted One Lucky Fan the Chance to Win $1 Million Dollars Today at the "Gotham" Comic-Con Panel
Plus: check out a sneak peek at new footage from the Season 3 premiere episode.

[07/23/16 - 03:59 PM]
Video: "Legion" Official Trailer - An Original Series from FX and Marvel
The series stars Dan Stevens, Rachel Keller, Jean Smart, Katie Aselton, Jeremie Harris, Amber Midthunder - with Bill Irwin and Aubrey Plaza.

[07/23/16 - 03:20 PM]
The Newest Starfleet Ship in the "Star Trek" Television Franchise, The U.S.S. Discovery, Unveiled Today at Comic-Con International
The ship name will also serve as the official title for the highly anticipated new series, "Star Trek: Discovery," coming to CBS All Access in January 2017, following the premiere on the CBS Television Network.

[07/23/16 - 02:59 PM]
Syfy Renews "Wynonna Earp" from SEVEN24 Films and IDW Entertainment
The announcement came during the "Wynonna Earp" panel at Comic Con International in San Diego where the full cast appeared as guests.

[07/23/16 - 02:36 PM]
Video: "We Bare Bears" and "The Powerpuff Girls" Team Up at San Diego Comic-Con with Cartoon Network's Back-to-Back Panel Extravaganza
Never-before-seen clips from the hit shows were unveiled at the Indigo Ballroom in the Hilton Bayfront for all fans to enjoy.

[07/23/16 - 02:16 PM]
Video: Watch Two All-New "The Simpsons" Promos
Season 28 premieres Sunday, September 25 at 8:00/7:00c on FOX.