[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[09/23/17 - 08:34 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Claims Demo Crown with "Dateline"
The Peacock tops the evening among adults 18-49 while CBS is the most-watched broadcaster.

[09/22/17 - 01:09 PM]
TLC's Franchise Original "90 Day Fiance" Returns for Season 5 with New Couples and Outrageous International Love Stories
Couples spread across the globe begin the tumultuous and challenging journey to the altar in the brand-new season, premiering on Sunday, October 8.

[09/22/17 - 12:31 PM]
"Crisis on Earth-X" - Your First Look at This Season's Massive DCTV Crossover Is Here
To celebrate the announcement, artist Phil Jimenez was asked to create a custom comic book cover paying homage to DC's longtime annual comic book crossovers.

[09/22/17 - 12:00 PM]
"Star Trek: Discovery" Live After-Show "After Trek" Debuts This Sunday on CBS All Access
Matt Mira will host the series, while Sonequa Martin-Green, James Frain and Aaron Harberts will appear in the first episode.

[09/22/17 - 11:30 AM]
FOX Orders "Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell & Back"
The new eight-episode series will feature Ramsay going through hell in order to bring failing restaurants back from the brink of disaster - all within 24 hours.

[09/22/17 - 10:52 AM]
Hallmark Channel Celebrates "Fall Harvest" with 5 New Original Movies
Highlights include "All of My Heart: Inn Love," the sequel to the 2015 film.

[09/22/17 - 10:05 AM]
"Fast N' Loud" Roars Back to Discovery with Brand-New Episodes on Monday, October 16th
Hot-rod hunter Richard Rawlings and his team of Monkeys are back for a bold new era at Gas Monkey Garage.

[09/22/17 - 09:00 AM]
Video: truTV Debuts Trailer for "At Home with Amy Sedaris"
Amy cordially invites you into her home, where she will show off diverse but necessary homemaking skills.

[09/22/17 - 08:32 AM]
Video: "Fuller House" Cast Looks Back on 30 Years
From new additions to the family to regrettable hairstyles, a lot has changed in the last 30 years.

[09/22/17 - 08:24 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: FOX Pulls in Front with "Gotham," "Orville"
Said duo combines to take the adults 18-49 crown last night.

[09/22/17 - 08:16 AM]
FXX to Air Season One of "The Mick" Tomorrow, Saturday, Sept. 23, Beginning at 3:30 PM ET/PT
The series returns for its second season on Tuesday, September 26 at 9:00/8:00c.

[09/22/17 - 08:01 AM]
President Bill Clinton and James Patterson Upcoming Novel "The President Is Missing" to Be Adapted Into Series by Showtime(R)
In the book, President Clinton and Patterson tell the startling story of a sitting U.S. president's disappearance, with the level of detail that only someone who has held the office can know - generating a powerful, one-of-a-kind thriller.

[09/22/17 - 07:32 AM]
BBC America's "Queers" to Premiere Wednesday, October 11, on National Coming Out Day
All eight films will be available on October 12 on VOD, at BBCAmerica.com and on the BBC America App.

[09/22/17 - 05:01 AM]
It's Man Versus Machine as Production Begins on Season Three of Channel 4, AMC and Kudos' Acclaimed Drama Series, "Humans"
The eight-episode third season is slated to premiere next year.

[09/22/17 - 01:02 AM]
Daniel Mays, Sian Brooke and Sam Taylor Buck Confirmed as Further "Good Omens" Casting Revealed
The television adaptation of the best-selling novel by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett began shooting in London this week.