[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[06/28/16 - 12:31 PM]
Double the Episodes, Double the Surprises on the Second Season of "Cooks vs. Cons"
New episodes begin Sunday, July 10 at 10:00/9:00c on Food Network.

[06/28/16 - 12:16 PM]
Hallmark Channel's Most Recent Original Premiere Marks 4th Consecutive Week with Top HH-Rated Movie of the Week
The Hallmark Channel spins the numbers for the week of June 20-26.

[06/28/16 - 11:18 AM]
All Eyes Were on the 2016 "BET Awards" as 7.2mm Total Viewers Tuned in Across 12 Viacom Networks for the Premiere Telecast on Sunday, June 26
BET spins the numbers for Sunday, June 26.

[06/28/16 - 11:09 AM]
Bravo Media's Lavish Ladies from Down Under Return for a New Season of "The Real Housewives of Melbourne" on Friday, July 22 at 9 PM ET/PT
Newcomer Susie McLean will join returning cast members Chyka Keebaugh, Gamble Breaux, Gina Liano, Jackie Gillies, Janet Roach, Lydia Schiavello and Pettifleur Berenger.

[06/28/16 - 10:54 AM]
"ER Week" Is Back on Discovery Life with Unpredicatble Moments Leading Up to the Premiere of "Trauma Doctors"
These elite doctors take the emergency room to the streets providing on-site medical treatments that are normally only done in hospitals, transforming a patient's chance of survival.

[06/28/16 - 10:50 AM]
ESPN Remembers Legendary Coach Pat Summitt
ESPN Classic will be the home of Tennessee's National Championship title games, where Summitt led the Lady Vols to national titles in 1996, 1997, 1998, 2007 and 2008.

[06/28/16 - 10:35 AM]
U.S. Army Sgt. Elizabeth Marks to Receive Pat Tillman Award for Service at The 2016 ESPYS
Marks is also a member of the 2016 U.S. Paralympics Swimming National Team and is training for the 2016 Paralympic Games taking place in Rio de Janeiro in September.

[06/28/16 - 10:28 AM]
Heartwarming Documentary "Open Your Eyes," Following Nepalese Spouses on a Remarkable Odyssey to Restore Their Sight, Debuts July 18, Exclusively on HBO
The film follows Manisara and Durga, an aging couple from the remote Himalayan Mountains of Nepal, as they embark on a transformative odyssey to regain the sight they lost over the years by undergoing this life-changing procedure.

[06/28/16 - 10:21 AM]
Diane Sawyer Holds Exclusive Interview with Jaycee Dugard, on ABC News' "20/20," Friday, July 8
Sawyer interviewed Dugard in 2011 when she talked about her horrendous experience in captivity for the first time on the eve of the release of her first memoir "A Stolen Life."

[06/28/16 - 09:24 AM]
SundanceTV Greenlights Original Scripted Series "Hap and Leonard" for a Second Season
Plus: John Wirth will join as showrunner and executive producer.

[06/28/16 - 09:06 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC, "American Ninja Warrior" Hold Onto Top Spot
The Peacock leads the night among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[06/28/16 - 09:05 AM]
Fans Can Now Share Adult Swim Themed Images, GIFs, Sounds, and Custom Bumps With New App
The new Adult Swim Keyboard also features sharable soundboards and animated GIFs from the network's colorful show characters.

[06/28/16 - 09:00 AM]
ABC Announces Fall Series Premiere Dates for 2016-17 Season
"Dancing with the Stars" will once again kick off the Alphabet's lineup on Monday, September 12.

[06/28/16 - 08:30 AM]
"Entertainment Tonight's" Emmy Award-Winning Journalist Nancy O'Dell to Host "Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular," To Be Broadcast Live for Two Hours, Monday, July 4, on CBS
Previously announced artists for the special include Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas and Little Big Town.

[06/28/16 - 08:09 AM]
NBCUniversal to Present Unprecedented 6,755 Hours of Rio Olympic Programming
NBC will broadcast 260.5 hours of Olympic programming, including coverage of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, swimming, gymnastics, track and field, and many more of the Games' most popular sports.