[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[04/17/21 - 10:08 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Viewers, Demos with "Blue Bloods"
The Eye holds off the competition in total viewers, shares the demo crown with ABC and FOX.

[04/17/21 - 09:01 AM]
Video: "Haunted" Season 3 - Official Trailer - Netflix
More real people share scary stories from their past - and the truth is terrifying.

[04/16/21 - 11:13 PM]
Development Update: Friday, April 16
Updates include: Frances Fisher boards USA's "The Sinner"; John Ortiz tapped for ABC's "Promised Land"; and Netflix eyes new series set in the "Castlevania" universe.

[04/16/21 - 05:01 PM]
Video: "The Naked Director" Season 2 - Date Announcement - Netflix
Season two drops Thursday, June 24 on the streaming service.

[04/16/21 - 03:30 PM]
93rd Oscars(R) Performers Kick Off Oscar(R) Sunday
Celeste, H.E.R., Leslie Odom Jr., Laura Pausini, Daniel Pemberton, Molly Sandén and Diane Warren will perform the five nominated original songs in their entirety for "Oscars(R): Into the Spotlight," the lead-in to the 93rd Oscars.

[04/16/21 - 02:26 PM]
FOX to Shuffle Thursday Lineup Starting April 29
Repeats of "Name That Tune" will inherit the "Hell's Kitchen" slot at 8:00/7:00c, followed by "Last Man Standing" at 9:00/8:00c and newcomer "Let's Be Real" at 9:30/8:30c (replacing "The Moodys").

[04/16/21 - 02:00 PM]
discovery+ True Crime Highlights - Weeks of April 26 and May 3
"When Philip Met Missy" and "Queen of Meth" are among the latest additions in the coming weeks.

[04/16/21 - 12:02 PM]
FX Sets Date for Renowned Artist David Choe's TV Canvas "The Choe Show"
FX will air all five episodes of the series on Friday, June 25 beginning at 10:00/9:00c.

[04/16/21 - 10:01 AM]
Ballroom Competition Series "Legendary" Returns May 6 on HBO Max
This season features 10 new houses igniting the catwalk to battle for the legendary trophy and the $100,000 cash prize.

[04/16/21 - 10:00 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Leads Night in Viewers, Demos
"Grey's Anatomy" tops the charts for the Alphabet among adults 18-49.

[04/16/21 - 09:02 AM]
This Is Where It All Started - The Final Season of "Castlevania" Arrives May 13
Netflix confirmed the news on social media today.

[04/16/21 - 08:20 AM]
New Blood Ignites Flames on Season Six of "Growing Up Hip Hop" Premiering Thursday, May 13 at 9 PM ET on WE tv
Grammy Award-winning producer Stevie J, daughter Savannah and son Stevie Jr., as well as famed industry vet Luther "Uncle Luke" Campbell and daughter Cree, join the stacked cast this year.

[04/16/21 - 07:59 AM]
Starz Picks Up "Shining Vale" Horror Comedy Series Starring Courteney Cox, Greg Kinnear and Mira Sorvino
Merrin Dungey, Gus Birney and Dylan Gage also star in the project, from Jeff Astrof and Sharon Horgan.

[04/16/21 - 07:00 AM]
Danish Drama "Blinded - Those Who Kill" Debuts Exclusively on Acorn TV on Monday, May 10
The series revolves around an unsolved case in which three young men were killed within a few months.

[04/16/21 - 05:30 AM]
U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry Guests on Nickelodeon's Brand-New Earth Day Special, "Nick News: Kids and the Impact of Climate Change"
The hour-long special will tackle environmental issues, educate kids on the importance of protecting the planet and empower action through stories of kids and families across the country who are working to address the effects of climate change in their communities.