[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

(series past and present)
(series in development)
(tv movies and mini-series)

[10/21/16 - 02:02 PM]
NLCS Game 5 Is Second Most-Watched Telecast in FS1 History
FOX Sports spins the numbers for Thursday, October 20.

[10/21/16 - 12:08 PM]
Freeform Brings Fan Favorite "Stitchers" and New Original Sci-Fi Series "Beyond" to Stan Lee's L.A. Comic Con on October 29 and 30
"Stitchers" co-stars Ritesh Rajan, Damon Dayoub and Sarah Davenport are among those scheduled to appear.

[10/21/16 - 10:05 AM]
Freeform's Annual "Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas" Starts on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 24
Said offerings include the premiere "The Odd Life of Timothy Green," "Boxtrolls," and the network premiere of the fourth installment of the hit "Cinderella Story" franchise, "A Cinderella Story: If the Shoe Fits."

[10/21/16 - 10:04 AM]
Freeform's Funday Programming Event Begins November 12 and Continues Through November 13
Highlights include the network premieres of "Planes: Fire & Rescue," "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Shrek Forever After."

[10/21/16 - 10:03 AM]
"Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour" to Premiere on Showtime(R) on December 9 at 9 PM ET/PT
The film is co-directed by Danny B. Tull and Nathan Rissman, both of whom have worked extensively with Madonna on her feature films and tour movies.

[10/21/16 - 09:55 AM]
David Blaine Is Back With an Extraordinary Special, "David Blaine: Beyond Magic," Airing Tuesday, November 15, on ABC
Following his critically acclaimed ratings smash "David Blaine: Real or Magic," Blaine returns with his most revealing performance yet.

[10/21/16 - 09:35 AM]
Video: Netflix's "Haters Back Off!" Star Miranda Sings Shares Some of Her Favorite Things
Based on the character created by Colleen Ballinger, "Haters Back Off!" delves into the oddball family life of Miranda Sings.

[10/21/16 - 09:31 AM]
Video: Netflix Unveils The Ivory Game Trailer and Poster
From executive producer Leonardo DiCaprio, The Ivory Game is an epic documentary feature that goes undercover into the dark and sinister underbelly of ivory trafficking.

[10/21/16 - 09:29 AM]
Premiere Date Change - A&E Network Will Now Air Original Docu-Series "The Killing Season" on November 12
The newcomer will now roll out with back-to-back episodes one week later than previously announced.

[10/21/16 - 09:24 AM]
No One Can Hear You Scream: Investigation Discovery's All-New Series "Dead Silent" Premieres Tuesday, October 25 at 9/8C
In the six-part series, myth, urban legend, and horror movie dread collide to showcase real-life, dark and twisted tales too frightening to be imaginary.

[10/21/16 - 09:02 AM]
Oxygen Media Strikes Again with New True Crime Series "Killision Course" Premiering Saturday, November 5th at 9PM ET/PT
The four-episode, genre breaking series, recreates true stories of murder connecting the victim, accomplice and killer, on a joy ride of suspense, betrayal and obsession.

[10/21/16 - 08:47 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Holds Off Competition with NFL
The Eye wins the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/20/16 - 03:55 PM]
Oxygen Media Tests the Bonds of Friendship When New Competition Series "The Battle of the Ex-Besties" Premieres Tuesday, December 6 at 11PM ET/PT
Hosted by Sibley Scoles, the series follows fourteen former BFFs who are forced to confront - and hopefully forget - past differences in order to win a life-changing $100,000 grand prize.

[10/20/16 - 01:49 PM]
Investigation Discovery Delivers Nearly One Million Viewers for World Television Premiere of "Southwest of Salem: The Story of the San Antonio Four"
Investigation Discovery further spins the numbers for Saturday, October 15.

[10/20/16 - 01:04 PM]
Investigation Discovery Looks at When Happily Ever After Goes Horribly Wrong in All-New Series "Married with Secrets"
The new eight-part series premieres Tuesday, October 25 at 10:00/9:00c.