[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[09/19/14 - 02:43 PM]
"Thursday Night Football" on CBS and NFL Network Wins in Primetime with Viewers and Ratings
CBS spins the numbers for Thursday, September 18.

[09/19/14 - 02:22 PM]
Statement from E! Regarding "Fashion Police"
"We decided, with Melissa Rivers' blessing, that Joan would have wanted the franchise to continue," the network said. "Fashion Police will return in 2015 commencing with Golden Globes coverage on Monday, January 12."

[09/19/14 - 11:03 AM]
Get Ready for an "Awkward" Binge Sesh When MTV Airs the Hit Series in Its Entirety Beginning on Monday, September 22 at 8:30 AM ET/PT
Said marathon concludes with the premiere of the second-half of season 4 on Tuesday, September 23 at 10:00/9:00c.

[09/19/14 - 11:00 AM]
"Justified" Arrests Sam Elliott and Garret Dillahunt
The series returns for its sixth and final season in January 2015.

[09/19/14 - 10:06 AM]
"CMT Instant Jam: Kenny Chesney" Premieres Saturday, September 27 at 10 P.M., ET/PT
Viewers can get a sneak peek of Chesney's "American Kids" performance exclusively on the CMT Artists App beginning tomorrow morning at 11:30 a.m. ET.

[09/19/14 - 09:15 AM]
Cartoon Network's Hit Series "Regular Show" Is Back for a Not-So-Regular Sixth Season Premiering Thursday, October 9 at 7:30 p.m. (ET/PT)
The Emmy-winning series was created by JG Quintel and produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

[09/19/14 - 08:40 AM]
"The Biggest Loser" Ranks as the #1 Non-Sports Telecast on the Big 4 Last Night in Every Key Measure
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, September 18.

[09/19/14 - 08:31 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Dominates with "Thursday Night Football"
The Eye easily wins the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[09/19/14 - 08:01 AM]
"The Graham Norton Show" Returns to BBC America Saturday, October 4, 11:00 PM ET
In the premiere episode, Denzel Washington, Peter Capaldi and Gemma Arterton will join each other on Graham's infamous orange sofa.

[09/19/14 - 07:42 AM]
CNBC's "The Filthy Rich Guide" Series Premiere on Wednesday, October 8 at 10PM ET/PT
The five-episode series is "a fun, fast-paced guide that catalogues the ways in which the .01 percent spend their money."

[09/18/14 - 04:56 PM]
Fall Premiere of OWN's "For Better or Worse" Delivers 1.2 Million Viewers
OWN spins the numbers for Wednesday, September 17.

[09/18/14 - 02:50 PM]
"90 Day Fiance" - TLC's #1 New Series of 2014 - Returns October 19, 2014
In the second season, six new couples decide to take a chance on love and bring their spouses-to-be stateside.

[09/18/14 - 01:17 PM]
NBC Announces Partnership and Integration with Nissan as Exclusive Automotive Sponsor of Emmy Award-Winning Hit "The Voice"
"The Voice Official App" will further enhance the viewer experience across the show from the blind auditions, battles, knockouts all the way to the live playoffs as well as giving fans, for the first time, the ability to use the app to vote for their favorite artists live during the broadcast of the show.

[09/18/14 - 01:15 PM]
Hallmark Channel's "Cedar Cove" Ranks #1 in Primetime Among Households, Women 25-54, and Total Viewers in Live+3 Performance
The Hallmark Channel spins the numbers for Saturday, September 13.

[09/18/14 - 01:06 PM]
National Spotlight Shines on Jeter's Final Series on FOX; Pirates' Playoff Push on FOX Sports 1 to End MLB Regular Season
Today, FOX Sports announced unprecedented, side-by-side national coverage of Major League Baseball's final regular season Saturday with two compelling games side-by-side on the FOX broadcast network and FOX Sports 1.