[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[12/02/16 - 01:03 PM]
"Saturday Night Live" Celebrates the Holiday Season with Three Back-to-Back Shows
John Cena and Casey Affleck will follow the previously announced Emma Stone.

[12/02/16 - 01:03 PM]
Animal Planet Highlights One Organization's Mission to Protect and Rescue Animals in New Series "The Guardians"
In this all-new series, Animal Planet introduces this volunteer-run organization called Guardians of Rescue and follows its quest to help any animal in need - anywhere, anytime.

[12/02/16 - 12:00 PM]
Beloved Actress Betty White to Be "Young & Hungry" with a Guest Star Role on Freeform's Original Comedy
White will play Ms. Wilson, Gabi's neighbor who she encounters after a misunderstanding with Josh leaves Gabi confused about what to do.

[12/02/16 - 11:38 AM]
"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Hits Series Highs in The CW's #DCWeek Finale
The CW spins the numbers for Thursday, December 1.

[12/02/16 - 11:28 AM]
E!'s New Docu-Series "So Cosmo" - Set at the Glamorous Epi-center of Pop Culture, Cosmopolitan Magazine - Premieres Wed., Feb. 8 at 8 PM ET/PT
Plus: look for a preview special on Tuesday, December 20 at 8:00/7:00c.

[12/02/16 - 11:00 AM]
Freeform Shares Their Holiday Spirit with Annual Gift-giving Initiative Pop Up Santa and Holiday-themed Shorts "Funny Or Die Presents Santa's Shorts"
All of these jolly holiday moments can be seen during "25 Days of Christmas" airing December 1 - 25, on the Freeform app and on 25DaysofChristmasTV.com.

[12/02/16 - 10:44 AM]
TBS Heads into "Final Space" with New Animated Comedy from Olan Rogers
Part of TBS's continued push into animation, "Final Space" is a serialized intergalactic space saga about an astronaut named Gary and his adorable, planet-destroying friend, Mooncake.

[12/02/16 - 09:58 AM]
AMC Releases First Look Photos from Season Two of "Into the Badlands"
The 10 episode second season will debut in March of 2017.

[12/02/16 - 09:30 AM]
Video: Craving More "Comedy Bang! Bang!"? Watch Four Never-Before-Seen Clips on IFC.com!
After 110 episodes of top-notch couch guests and wildly unpredictable interviews by host Scott Aukerman, the series is coming to an end after five "slightly off" seasons.

[12/02/16 - 09:16 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Charts with "Thursday Night Football"
The Peacock eclipses the competition among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[12/02/16 - 08:10 AM]
"The Handmaid's Tale" First Look Photos
Elisabeth Moss, Joseph Fiennes, Yvonne Strahovski and Samira Wiley co-star in the drama, premiering in April.

[12/02/16 - 07:27 AM]
American Heroes Channel Commemorates the 75th Anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbor with Premiere of "Pearl Harbor: The Heroes Who Fought Back"
The one-hour special premieres Wednesday, December 7 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[12/02/16 - 06:53 AM]
HGTV's "Fixer Upper" Season Four Scores Its Highest-Rated Premiere Ever
HGTV spins the numbers for Tuesday, November 29.

[12/01/16 - 01:09 PM]
OWN's Hit Tyler Perry Drama "The Haves and the Have Nots" Returns with All-New Episodes This January
The series returns for season four with all-new episodes on Tuesday, January 3 at 9:00/8:00c.

[12/01/16 - 12:19 PM]
"Arrow" Shoots to Season Highs as #DCWeek Continues
The CW spins the numbers for Wednesday, November 30.