[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[08/24/16 - 03:32 PM]
Lifetime Greenlights Britney Spears Biopic
Production begins this September in Vancouver for a 2017 premiere on Lifetime.

[08/24/16 - 02:31 PM]
"Live with Kelly" Kicks Off 2016-17 Season on September 5, 2016
As the exciting search for Kelly's new on-air partner continues, a diverse group of personalities will join her on the show.

[08/24/16 - 01:15 PM]
Renowned Abolitionist Harriet Tubman Leads the Way in Season Two of WGN America's Trailblazing Series, "Underground" from Sony Pictures Television
Aisha Hinds has been cast as a recurring guest star in the pioneering role of Harriet Tubman.

[08/24/16 - 12:23 PM]
NASCAR and Nickelodeon Wave Green Flag for Third Season of "Hammer Down"
Premiering Friday, September 23 at 9:30/8:30c on Nicktoons, the third season of "NASCAR Hammer Down" features eight, 15-minute episodes.

[08/24/16 - 12:15 PM]
Investigation Discovery to Showcase Criminal Trial of Jason McCrary in Sixth and Final Installment of Serialized Docu-Series "The Vanishing Women"
Look for the season finale of Monday, August 29 at 10:00/9:00c.

[08/24/16 - 11:20 AM]
National Geographic Channel Announces Commemorative Programming Event to Honor 15th Anniversary of Sept. 11
Look for the world premiere of a new compilation special, "9/11: The Longest War."

[08/24/16 - 11:19 AM]
"Catching Kelce Preview Special" Airs Following New Episode of "WAGS" This Sunday, August 28
"Catching Kelce" will then premiere on Wednesday, October 5 at 9:00/8:00c.

[08/24/16 - 10:39 AM]
Video: Discovery Releases First Teaser for "Taking Fire"
The five-part series will now premiere Tuesday, September 13 at 10:00/9:00c.

[08/24/16 - 10:03 AM]
Spike's "Lip Sync Battle" Goes Live for the First Time Ever
The highly-anticipated season 3 of "Lip Sync Battle" premieres on Wednesday, October 12 at 9:00/8:00c.

[08/24/16 - 09:52 AM]
Music Superstar Ciara Completes Celebrity Judges Panel for the 96th Miss America Competition Live Broadcast
Ciara will join entrepreneur Mark Cuban, Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas, actress Sara Foster, musician and actress Laura Marano, singer-songwriter Cole Swindell and former Miss America Sharlene Wells Hawkes as celebrity judges.

[08/24/16 - 09:46 AM]
GSN's Horror-Themed Game "Hellevator" Returns for Its Second Season with a Special Four-Week Network Event Beginning Friday, October 7 at 9 PM
The series is produced by Matador and Blumhouse Productions, in association with Lionsgate.

[08/24/16 - 09:30 AM]
Video: New Teaser and World Premiere Time Revealed for BBC America's "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency"
In addition, the network has announced a series of programming stunts, including an original "Star Trek" anniversary celebration, to premiere in the build up to the new series launch.

[08/24/16 - 09:19 AM]
Comedy Central Greenlights Series from James Davis
Davis, host of "Swag-A-Saurus with James Davis," Comedy Central's most watched Snapchat original series, grew up "hood-adjacent" and brings his unique, urban point-of-view to the new weekly series set to premiere in January 2017.

[08/24/16 - 09:16 AM]
Chart-Topping Breakout Artists Alessia Cara, Jidenna and Lukas Graham To Perform at the 2016 "MTV VMA Pre-Show" Live from the Red Carpet at MSG on Sunday, August 28 at 8:00 P.M. ET/PT
Additionally, global hit-making producer, recording artist and social media mogul, DJ Khaled, will host the hour-long pre-show alongside MTV2's "Uncommon Sense" star, Charlamagne Tha God, and hip hop artist, Lizzo, from MTV's upcoming live music series, "Wonderland."

[08/24/16 - 09:13 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Got Talent," "Better Late Than Never" Top Charts
NBC leads the evening among total viewers and adults 18-49.