[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[09/01/14 - 10:01 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Viewers, Demos with "Big Brother"
The show's latest installment is the night's number one program among adults 18-49.

[09/01/14 - 10:00 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: "Saturday Night Football" Returns on Top for ABC
The Alphabet leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[09/01/14 - 09:53 AM]
"Dateline Saturday Night Mystery" Matches Its Top 18-49 Rating Since July 26
NBC spins the numbers for Saturday, August 30 and Sunday, August 31.

[08/30/14 - 09:09 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC, NBC Split the Demo Crown
CBS then remains the most-watched network last night.

[08/30/14 - 08:52 AM]
NBC Ties for #1 for the Night in Adults 18-49 Among the Big 4 Networks
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, August 29.

[08/30/14 - 08:13 AM]
Kenny Chesney Welcomed Fans to the Georgia Theatre Last Night for a Surprise Show to Launch CMT's New Series "Instant Jam"
The concert is the first installment of the new series and premieres Saturday, September 27 at 10:00/9:00c.

[08/29/14 - 04:44 PM]
"Utopia" Streaming Video Access Begins Now on UtopiaTV.com 24/7!
Tune into the two-hour series premiere next Sunday, September 7 at 8:00/7:00c.

[08/29/14 - 09:03 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: Another Week, Another "Big Brother" Victory
CBS leads the night once again among adults 18-49 and total viewers.

[08/29/14 - 08:10 AM]
Cast of FOX Sports 1's All-Female "The Ultimate Fighter(R)" Overcame Childhood Tragedies to Help Troubled Youth
The franchise's latest installment premieres Wednesday, September 10 at 10:00/9:00c.

[08/29/14 - 07:35 AM]
BBC America's "Intruders" Pulls 1.223 Million Viewers
BBC America further spins the numbers for Saturday, August 23.

[08/29/14 - 07:07 AM]
HBO Confirms Nov. 2 and 3 Debut for Miniseries "Olive Kitteridge"
Frances McDormand, Richard Jenkins, Bill Murray, John Gallagher, Jr., Peter Mullan, Rosemarie DeWitt and Zoe Kazan star in the project.

[08/29/14 - 06:41 AM]
FOX Sports 1 to Air Tony Stewart/Mike Helton Press Conferences Live
Coverage of the press conferences is also available through FOX Sports GO, the app that delivers streaming video of FOX Sports content.

[08/28/14 - 10:27 PM]
"Party Down South" Returns for Season 3 - Announced on the Reunion Special
Look for the new season in Winter 2015 on the cable channel.

[08/28/14 - 05:31 PM]
"Jay Leno's Garage: The Ultimate Car Week" Premieres Sunday, August 31 at 10PM ET/PT on CNBC
Based on his Emmy-winning web series "Jay Leno's Garage," this special takes viewers into the heart of Monterey Week, America's ultimate automotive event.

[08/28/14 - 02:21 PM]
"Live with Kelly and Michael" Enters Its 27th Season in National Syndication September 1, 2014
The show finished the 2013-14 season as the No. 2 syndicated talker in Households, posting an 8% gain over the prior year, and its highest Household rating in 6 years.