[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[01/26/20 - 01:45 PM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: NBA on ABC Holds Off NHL on NBC
The Alphabet wins the night among adults 18-49 while CBS is tops in total viewers.

[01/25/20 - 08:16 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: "WWE SmackDown" Remains on Top in Demos
FOX holds onto the adults 18-49 crown while an all-repeat CBS is still the most-watched network.

[01/24/20 - 02:38 PM]
ABC News' Prime-Time Special "Royal Divide: Harry, Meghan, and The Crown" Airs Wednesday, Jan. 29
Look for the one-hour special on said night at 10:00/9:00c.

[01/24/20 - 12:01 PM]
Mark Cuban, Dr. Phil, Ryan Seacrest, Piers Morgan and Lisa Vanderpump to Be Featured in "Harry & Meghan: The Royals in Crisis"
As previously announced, the one-hour special bows Wednesday, January 29 on FOX.

[01/24/20 - 11:02 AM]
MTV Studios and Quibi Announce Chance the Rapper as the Host of "Punk'd"
"Punk'd" will be reimagined for a new generation and will be available only on Quibi's mobile video platform.

[01/24/20 - 08:40 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases Season Two Trailer and Key Art for Docu-Series "The Trade"
The four-part season follows Central Americans on an odyssey to the United States (including some heading back home after being deported), while also delving into the shadow industries that prey on them every step along the way.

[01/24/20 - 08:12 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC's Dramas Return on Top
"Station 19" is the night's most-watched program while "Grey's Anatomy" leads the evening among adults 18-49.

[01/24/20 - 06:57 AM]
Final Round of Performers Confirmed for "The 62nd Annual Grammy Awards(R)"
This year's presenters include Common, Ava DuVernay, Cynthia Erivo, Jim Gaffigan, Dua Lipa, Trevor Noah, Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Porter, Bebe Rexha, Smokey Robinson, Shania Twain, Keith Urban and Stevie Wonder.

[01/24/20 - 05:02 AM]
TV One Puts a New Spin on Romance with the Original Film "Steppin' Back to Love" Premiering Saturday, February 8 at 8 P.M. ET/7C
The film follows a once-loving couple connected by dance, who after facing marital struggles, use their passion for Chicago-style step-dancing to reignite the spark in their marriage.

[01/23/20 - 01:43 PM]
MTV's "Jersey Shore Family Vacation" Returns on Thursday, February 27th at 8PM ET/PT
After a tumultuous year, Mike "The Situation" rejoins the group after his long-awaited release from prison, and the roommates finally feel whole again and ready for a fresh start.

[01/23/20 - 01:28 PM]
Guy Fieri Hosts New Bracket-Style Culinary Competition Series "Tournament of Champions"
The five-part series launches Wednesday, March 4 at 10:00/9:00c on Food Network.

[01/23/20 - 12:51 PM]
92nd Oscars(R) Performers Announced
Cynthia Erivo, Elton John, Idina Menzel, Chrissy Metz and Randy Newman will perform the nominated songs.

[01/23/20 - 12:48 PM]
Oxygen's "In Ice Cold Blood" Hosted by Ice-T Returns Thursday, February 13 at 9PM ET/PT
During each hour-long episode, in-depth interviews and archival footage merge to spotlight an intriguing mystery, recounted through the lens of expert detective work, unpredictable twists and jaw-dropping discoveries.

[01/23/20 - 12:04 PM]
New Science Channel Series "Curse of the Bermuda Triangle" Premieres February 9
With dozens of years of experience at sea between them, the members of the Triangle Research and Investigation Group, or TRIG team, are led by long time captain and former Coast Guardsman Paul "Moe" Mottice.

[01/23/20 - 11:05 AM]
New Season of "Ballmastrz: 9009" Returns February 23 on Adult Swim
Special guest stars this season include Ed Asner, Rachel Dratch, Jo Firestone, Doc Hammer, Stephanie Sheh and Cree Summer.