[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[10/22/14 - 04:00 PM]
New Primetime Special "Sofia the First: The Curse of Princess Ivy" to Premiere Sunday, November 23 on Disney Channel
The high-stakes adventure features a special appearance by Rapunzel, voiced by Mandy Moore, who reprises her role from Disney's "Tangled."

[10/22/14 - 03:19 PM]
Bravo Media Renews "Below Deck" for Third Season as Finale Earns Highest-Rated Episode of the Season with Over 1.4 Million Total Viewers
Plus: look for "The Crew Tells All" next Tuesday, October 28 and a reunion special the following Tuesday, November 4.

[10/22/14 - 01:40 PM]
World Series Game 1 Drives FOX to Prime Time Ratings Win
FOX Sports spins the numbers for Tuesday, October 21.

[10/22/14 - 01:37 PM]
Lifetime Greenlights Limited Series "Lizzie Borden: The Fall River Chronicles"
Christina Ricci will reprise her haunting role as the notorious murder suspect she portrayed in the network's hit original movie "Lizzie Borden Took An Ax."

[10/22/14 - 01:14 PM]
Sneak Play of "Becoming," from LeBron James' Springhill Production Company and ESPN Films, Added at 5:30 P.M. Sunday, October 26 on Disney XD
It will also be presented in the previously announced 8:00 p.m. timeslot on Disney XD and on Friday, November 7 (7:00 p.m., ET/4:00 p.m., PT) on ESPN.

[10/22/14 - 12:44 PM]
Animal Planet's "Finding Bigfoot" Returns with Search for World's Largest Sasquatch
On Sunday, November 9, the series returns with a special two-hour episode that takes Bigfoot Field Research Organization (BFRO) president Matt Moneymaker, researchers James "Bobo" Fay and Cliff Barackman and skeptical scientist Ranae Holland off to the wilds of Alaska.

[10/22/14 - 11:31 AM]
Syfy's Hit Competition Series "Face Off" to Return for Eighth Season January 13 at 9PM
In a twist on the show's traditional format, three former champions, Rayce Bird (Season 2), Anthony Kosar (Season 4) and Laura Tyler (Season 5), will return in the premiere and select teams of five new artists who they will coach throughout the season.

[10/22/14 - 11:14 AM]
ABC Grows Year to Year in Total Viewers and Holds Steady in Adults 18-49
ABC spins the numbers for the weeks of September 22-October 19.

[10/22/14 - 11:05 AM]
Comedy Icon Steve Coogan to Star in "Happyish" on Showtime(R)
He'll succeed the late Philip Seymour Hoffman in the project, a comedic, soul-searching examination of our pursuit of happiness, a pursuit that might just be the very thing causing our unhappiness in the first place.

[10/22/14 - 11:04 AM]
Discovery Family Channel to Premiere the Third Season of Hasbro Studios' Popular Animated Series "Transformers Rescue Bots," November 1
The season three premiere of "Transformers Rescue Bots" returns with the episode "Land Before Prime," where Optimus Prime is forced to embrace his primal side when the Rescue Bots discover a mysterious island filled with dinosaurs.

[10/22/14 - 10:58 AM]
"NCIS: New Orleans" Delivers Its Highest Adults 18-49 Rating Since Its Series Premiere
CBS spins the numbers for Tuesday, October 21.

[10/22/14 - 10:49 AM]
First-Ever LEGO(R) Batman Television Special, "LEGO DC Comics: Batman: Be-Leaguered," Premieres October 27 on Cartoon Network
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this powerhouse partnership between the LEGO Group and DC Entertainment is a funny, lighthearted tale new to the DC Comics universe.

[10/22/14 - 10:42 AM]
"CMA Country Christmas" Adds Performances by Alan Jackson, and Brad Paisley with Rock Legend Steven Tyler
Artists previously announced include Dan + Shay, Brett Eldredge, Sara Evans, Lucy Hale, Hunter Hayes, Little Big Town, Idina Menzel, Nettles, LeAnn Rimes, Michael W. Smith, and Carrie Underwood.

[10/22/14 - 10:41 AM]
Inspired by the Success of "Shark Tank" ABC Announces the Launch of "Beyond the Tank"
"Beyond the Tank" will feature a look back at past "Shark Tank" pitches and deals to examine the highs and lows that can come from an appearance in the tank.

[10/22/14 - 10:31 AM]
TNT Greenlights "Cold Justice" Spinoff
Rather than tackling homicides, however, the new series will focus on sex crimes.