[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[03/02/15 - 01:05 PM]
Move Over Sharks and Make Room for the First-Ever Puppy Week on Nickelodeon with "Nick Jr.'s Puppy Preschool" Kicking Off Monday, March 2
The celebration culminates with the world premiere of the live-action preschool special, "Mutt & Stuff," created by legendary children's TV producers, Sid and Marty Krofft.

[03/02/15 - 01:04 PM]
Video: WGN America Releases the First Haunting Trailer for Highly-Anticipated Second Season of "Salem" Returning April 5th at 10 PM ET/9C
The haunting trailer features a first look at new recurring guest stars Lucy Lawless and Stuart Townsend who have joined the series for season two.

[03/02/15 - 01:00 PM]
E!'s New Series "Good Work" Celebrates the Good, The Bad and the Just Plain Wrong of Hollywood's Plastic Surgery and Beauty Craze
The new one-hour, six episode pop culture roundtable series features hosts RuPaul, Dr. Terry Dubrow and Sandra Vergara as they celebrate the "good work" and the "not so good work" of Hollywood celebs.

[03/02/15 - 12:47 PM]
Destination America Heads to Orlando, Florida for Brand New Episode Tapings of "Impact Wrestling"
Professional wrestlers will be competing in the ring amongst some of the best known in America including Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley, and Chris Melendez.

[03/02/15 - 12:13 PM]
Viewers Spellbound by "Good Witch," Hallmark Channel's Newest Primetime Original Series
The Hallmark Channel spins the numbers for Saturday, February 28.

[03/02/15 - 12:06 PM]
ESPN to Present Record Number of Women's Championship Week Games
The networks will combine to exclusively offer game action of 112 women's games, and will crown the champion from 21 Division I conferences.

[03/02/15 - 12:01 PM]
Netflix Announces Dates for Upcoming Slate
Look for a new season of "Orange Is the New Black" on June 12 as well as the premieres of "Between," "Sense8" and "Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp" in the coming months.

[03/02/15 - 11:43 AM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Honors Passing of Leonard Nimoy This Week with Encore Presentations of "The Real Story: Star Trek"
The program charts Gene Roddenberry's meteoric rise to fame and extreme tactics to keep his series on the air.

[03/02/15 - 11:37 AM]
Robert Rodriguez to Direct Premiere Installment of El Rey Network/Miramax's "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series"
The second season kicks off in late summer 2015 on the cable channel.

[03/02/15 - 11:27 AM]
Discovery Channel's Hit Series "Fast N' Loud" Makes Some Noise with All-New Episodes Monday, March 23 at 9PM ET/PT
Car fanatics Richard Rawlings, Aaron Kaufman and the entire Gas Monkey Garage crew return with new builds and new episodes.

[03/02/15 - 11:08 AM]
Judge Judy Sheindlin, Host of Syndication's #1 Rated Show "Judge Judy," Signs Multiyear Deal Through 2020
The new deal includes a first-look production deal with Sheindlin's company Queen Bee Productions Inc.

[03/02/15 - 11:08 AM]
"Cornell: Confidential" Is Live an ABC.com and the WATCH ABC App
"Cornell: Confidential" is a weekly digital series that picks up where the "Secrets and Lies" episodes leave off.

[03/02/15 - 11:01 AM]
Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow... "Mob Wives" Season 5 Finale Set to Air on VH1 Wednesday, March 4 at 8:00 PM
Plus: Vivica A. Fox to host the season's two-part reunion special beginning Wednesday, March 11 at 8:00/7:00c.

[03/02/15 - 10:59 AM]
"Scandal" Stars Joe Morton, Kate Burton and Brian Letscher to Appear in Special Season Finale of GSN's "The Chase" Tuesday, March 10 at 8:00 P.M. ET/PT
The season four premiere on January 27 saw its highest rating ever for a premiere.

[03/02/15 - 10:24 AM]
Video: "The Red Road" Season 2 Official Trailer
The Jason Momoa-led drama returns Thursday, April 2 at 10:00/9:00c on SundanceTV.