[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[11/22/14 - 09:02 AM]
"Constantine" Jumps 38% Week to Week in Adults 18-49 to Hit Its Highest Rating Since Its Series Debut
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, November 21.

[11/22/14 - 08:45 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Tops Demos for Fourth Consecutive Week
The network's "Shark Tank" posts a 2.0 rating among adults 18-49.

[11/22/14 - 08:39 AM]
ABC Wins Friday for November Sweep in Adults 18-49 - Hits Season Highs Across the Night
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, November 21.

[11/21/14 - 03:07 PM]
Netflix to Premiere Globally in March 2015 the New Tina Fey and Robert Carlock Comedy Series Starring Ellie Kemper
"Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" was originally slated to premiere on NBC and instead will now launch exclusively across all Netflix territories.

[11/21/14 - 01:30 PM]
Disney XD to Sneak Preview New Original Series "Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero" on Friday, December 5
Emmy Award-winner Henry Winkler guest stars as The Snowman.

[11/21/14 - 01:28 PM]
Feast with the Titans in a Special Thanksgiving Episode of "Teen Titans Go!" Airing Wednesday, November 26, at 5:30 p.m. ET/PT
In addition, the Titans have a lot to be thankful for as the action-comedy series continues to be a strong performer on Cartoon Network.

[11/21/14 - 01:08 PM]
Emmy(R) and Tony Award(R) Winner Ellen Barkin to Guest Star on "Happyish" on Showtime(R)
She's set as Dani Kirschenbloom, a headhunter who works closely with Thom Payne (Steve Coogan).

[11/21/14 - 12:52 PM]
CBS Celebrates the Holidays with Very Merry Episodes
These original episodes join the previously announced holiday music specials as well as perennial holiday favorites.

[11/21/14 - 12:02 PM]
VH1 to Air Special Encore Presentation of "Behind the Music: Aaliyah" on Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 6PM and 10PM
Aaliyah's family members participated in the original production in 2001 and her brother approved the additions made in the updated 2012 version, which will be seen on Sunday.

[11/21/14 - 11:00 AM]
Season Three Premiere of Bounce TV's "Off The Chain" Series Reaches Over 1.7 Million Viewers
Bounce TV spins the numbers for Wednesday, November 19.

[11/21/14 - 10:24 AM]
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network Announces 2015 Premiere Dates for Returning Favorite Series and an All-New Network Special
"The Haves and the Have Nots," "Love Thy Neighbor" and "Raising Whitley" are among the returning class.

[11/21/14 - 10:06 AM]
Spike TV to Premiere "Lip Sync Battle" from Jimmy Fallon's Eight Million Plus Productions, John Krasinski and Stephen Merchant
The announcement was made by Jimmy Fallon last night on "The Tonight Show" during his interview with Stephen Merchant.

[11/21/14 - 10:06 AM]
"Home & Family" Primetime Holiday Special Premieres on Hallmark Channel November 24th
Candace Cameron Bure, Lacey Chabert, Genie Francis and Marilu Henner are among the scheduled guests.

[11/21/14 - 09:46 AM]
First Look Photo from the New Season of the Hit Showtime(R) Drama Series "Penny Dreadful"
The new season is currently in production in Dublin, Ireland for a 2015 debut on the network.

[11/21/14 - 09:17 AM]
William Shatner Joins "Haven" Cast As Recurring Guest Star
Shatner will play a pivotal character that has the potential to forever impact the fate of the town of Haven and its troubled residents.