[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[02/12/16 - 02:05 PM]
MTV's Comedy Darlings, "Awkward" and "Faking It" Return with Plenty of Surprises on Tuesday, March 15 at 10PM and 10:30PM ET/PT
The second half of "Awkward" season 5 kicks off at the beginning of summer, a year after we last saw Jenna and her friends.

[02/12/16 - 02:01 PM]
Jamie-Lynn Sigler Signs on to Guest Star on Freeform's Hit Series "Baby Daddy"
Sigler will portray Sarah Gilcrest, the "hot teacher" from Ben's high school days.

[02/12/16 - 01:19 PM]
Discovery Family Channel Celebrates Valentine's Day with a Weekend Filled with Shows Dedicated to Love and Friendship
The network will offer something for every member of the household from animated series such as "Strawberry Shortcake," "My Little Pony" and "Littlest Pet Shop" to special episodes of "Cake Boss" and some beloved films from a recent past.

[02/12/16 - 01:18 PM]
Discovery Family Channel Celebrates President's Day with a Special Programming Line Up
Look for a special presentation of "Broadway at the White House" and the film "The American President" on Monday, February 15.

[02/12/16 - 01:02 PM]
LEGO Star Wars Animated Short Featuring "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Characters to Debut Monday, February 15 on Disney XD
"Poe to the Rescue" is the first episode in "LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises," a series of all-new animated shorts that take place prior to the First Order's attack on Jakku.

[02/12/16 - 11:04 AM]
Video: "Confirmation" - Long Lead Tease (HBO Films)
The Kerry Washington-led film premieres Saturday, April 16 on the pay channel.

[02/12/16 - 10:22 AM]
Video: "Veep" Season 5 - Clip Tease (HBO)
The series returns for its 10-episode fifth season on Sunday, April 24.

[02/12/16 - 10:15 AM]
Syfy Greenlights Original Sci-Fi Thriller "Prototype" to Pilot
The project centers on three unlikely cohorts who inadvertently stumble upon an invention that challenges the very nature of quantum physics - a discovery which in turn puts their lives in grave danger.

[02/12/16 - 09:39 AM]
Video: AMC Releases a First-Look Trailer for the Upcoming Mini-Series Event "The Night Manager" Premiering on Tuesday, April 19 at 10 PM ET/PT
Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, Olivia Colman, Tom Hollander and Elizabeth Debicki star in the project.

[02/12/16 - 09:04 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC, FOX Split Demo Crown
FOX however is the most-watched network on the night.

[02/12/16 - 09:03 AM]
Showtime(R) Kicks Off Grammy(R) Weekend by Unveiling the Official Trailer for Cameron Crowe's New Music Series "Roadies"
Luke Wilson and Carla Gugino star in the project, premiering Sunday, June 26 at 10:00/9:00c.

[02/12/16 - 09:01 AM]
AMC to Air Live After Show "Talking Saul" Following "Better Call Saul" Season Two Premiere and Finale Episodes
Hosted by comic and super-fan Chris Hardwick, the hour-long talk show will feature series cast, producers, celebrity fans and more reacting to and discussing the twists and turns.

[02/12/16 - 08:56 AM]
"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Holds Steady in Week 4
The CW spins the numbers for Thursday, February 11.

[02/12/16 - 08:38 AM]
"Shades of Blue" Maintains 100% Week to Week, Despite the Return of "How to Get Away with Murder"
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, February 11.

[02/12/16 - 08:19 AM]
ABC Is No. 1 on Thursday in Adults 18-49 with the Return of TGIT Delivering the Night's Top 3 Dramas
ABC spins the numbers for Thursday, February 11.