[04/03/13 - 01:42 PM]
"Oprah's Next Chapter" Features Jane Fonda and Adopted Daughter Mary Williams This Sunday, April 7 on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

[via press release from OWN]

Los Angeles - Oprah Winfrey visits Academy Award-winning actress Jane Fonda and her adopted African-American daughter Mary Williams for their first-ever interview together on an all-new episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter," airing Sunday, April 7 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

In the episode, Winfrey speaks with Fonda and her adopted African-American daughter, Mary Williams, for the first time together. Williams grew up as a member of the Black Panther Party, an organization founded in Oakland, CA during the 1960s to stop police brutality toward African-Americans chronicled in her recently released memoir The Lost Daughter. When Williams was 16, she left Oakland and came to live with Fonda in her Santa Monica, CA, home. They discuss how they met, and Williams shares what it was like becoming a part of Fonda's larger-than-life world. Fonda's biological son Troy also joins the conversation, discussing what it was like to have Williams come into their family. Later, Winfrey and Fonda speak one-on-one about the importance of giving back to the world, love and motherhood.

Below are excerpts and clip links (with embed code) from the episode.

WINFREY: This is your first interview, actually, with your daughter.

WINFREY: Most of the world didn't even know that you had Mary as a daughter.

FONDA: Well it's not that I've kept it a secret but --

FONDA: During the time that Mary came into my life and then during the chunk of -

FONDA: I was not in - I was under the radar, right?

FONDA: I was with Ted

WILLIAMS: And there was a time whenever we would go to a black tie event I would never want to do the red carpet. I kind of shied away from those moments.

WINFREY: So you never thought she was hiding you?

WINFREY: And you were never hiding her?

WINFREY: It was just something you didn't talk about.

WINFREY: So tell me what happened... was there a sense of I -- I've been saved in that moment when -- when Jane Fonda says come live with us, if your grades improve.

WILLIAMS: It was like the door had -- I was in a dark room and the door had cracked open just a little and the light shown in and I just flew. There was no intellectual thought process about it. It was all very instinctual. I didn't even think about it. I thought absolutely.

And I didn't really know her. I could have gone into a situation where, you know, she could have been a horrible person when I got there. But that's how desperate I was. I didn't care. I wanted -- anything had to be better than where I was.

About Oprah's Next Chapter:

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the award-winning primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios. Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[april 2013]

[10/24/16 - 12:38 PM]
Food Network Gets Festive for the Holidays with the Return of "Cake Wars: Christmas"
Jonathan Bennett hosts the six hour-long episodes filled with the most over-the-top Christmas cake confections ever seen.

[10/24/16 - 11:21 AM]
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' "Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas" 2016 Original Movie Premieres
"Love Always, Santa" will kick things off Sunday, November 6 on the cable channel.

[10/24/16 - 10:26 AM]
"Underfire: The Untold Story of PFC. Tony Vaccaro," Recounting the Life of a WWII Combat Infantryman and War Photographer, Debuts Nov. 14 on HBO
The film chronicles the life and vision of this remarkable man, exploring how photography defines the way the public perceives armed conflict, and revealing the sheer difficulty of survival while taking photos in a war zone.

[10/24/16 - 10:26 AM]
The CW Orders New Seasons of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?," "Penn & Teller: Fool Us," and "Masters of Illusion" for Summer 2017
The new seasons of these series will return as part of The CW's 2017 Summer schedule, with dates and times to be announced later.

[10/24/16 - 10:23 AM]
Video: Four New Promos for FX's New Drama Series "Taboo" Starring Tom Hardy
The new original series from Tom Hardy and Ridley Scott premieres early 2017.

[10/24/16 - 10:09 AM]
Video: Amazon Releases Retro 80s Commercial for "Red Oaks" Season 2
Look for the new season to premiere on Amazon Prime Video November 11.

[10/24/16 - 09:13 AM]
Amazon Original Series "The Grand Tour" Announces Studio Recording in Nashville, TN
"The Grand Tour" will launch in 4K on Friday, November 18 exclusively for Amazon Prime members.

[10/24/16 - 08:54 AM]
Seahawks-Cardinals "SNF" Leads Preliminary Results for the Night Among the Big 4 in Every Key Measure
NBC spins the numbers for Sunday, October 23.

[10/24/16 - 08:43 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: "Sunday Night Football" Keeps NBC on Top
The Peacock once again leads the evening among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/24/16 - 07:55 AM]
Mike Tirico to Make Horse Racing Debut as Host of NBC's Primetime Coverage of the 2016 Breeders' Cup
"What a great event and venue for my maiden voyage with our incredibly talented horse racing team," Tirico said.

[10/24/16 - 07:03 AM]
Syfy's Award-Winning Reality Competition Series "Face Off" Returns for an All-Star Season on Tuesday, January 24
Hosted by make-up effects royalty McKenzie Westmore, the series returns with elaborate never-before-seen challenges to test their skills as they battle it out for a coveted second chance at victory.

[10/24/16 - 07:00 AM]
Sting to Receive "The American Music Award of Merit" and Perform at the "2016 American Music Awards(R)"
The iconic musician will take to the stage to perform a medley of songs, including the raucous first single, "I Can't Stop Thinking About You" off his new rock/pop album, "57th & 9th," as well as some of his greatest hits.

[10/24/16 - 06:15 AM]
"The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" Heads to Paris for the First Time, for Broadcast Monday, Dec. 5, on CBS
The world's most celebrated fashion show will be seen in more than 190 countries.

[10/23/16 - 10:03 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC, College Football Top Viewers, Demos
The Alphabet wins said evening for the fourth consecutive week.

[10/23/16 - 09:43 AM]
"SNL" Hits Season Highs, Best October Overnights in 8 Years
NBC spins the numbers for Saturday, October 22.