EVERY FAMILY IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR
NEW SERIES "VH1 FAMILY THERAPY WITH DR. JENN" PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16TH AT 9PM ET/PT
The Families Seeking Therapy Include Dina Lohan & Michael Lohan, Damon Dash & Brothers Jeremy Dash and Bobby Dash, Bam Margera & Mom April Margera, Tiffany "New York" Pollard & Mom Sister Patterson and "Teen Mom's" Briana Dejesus and Sister Brittany Dejesus
Dr. Jenn Mann Serves as Primary Therapist and Welcomes Dr. Christian Conte as an Expert in Anger Management for the Series From Irwin Entertainment
LOS ANGELES, CA - (February XX, 2016) - Blood is thicker than water - but the harsh spotlight of fame can thin it out for some families. Just ask infamous families like The Gosselins, The Duggars or The Hogans. While fame and fortune can give you almost everything you desire, it certainly doesn't buy happiness, heal past wounds or solve deep-rooted family issues. Dr. Jenn Mann returns to the couch for a new kind of therapy this spring. From the executive producers of "VH1 Couples Therapy with Dr. Jenn," VH1 will premiere the new series "VH1 Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn" on Wednesday, March 16th at 9PM ET/PT.
From John Irwin's Irwin Entertainment, the producers of "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew," new series "VH1 Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn" features five families at a crossroads in their relationship as they undergo three weeks of intensive family therapy. Under the guidance of Dr. Jenn Mann and with the help of Dr. Christian Conte, an anger management expert, the celebrity clients will participate in group and individual therapy along with relationship exercises out in the "real world" to see if they can rebuild their relationships -- or if it's simply time for them to cut ties.
The families who have booked time in a new therapeutic environment with nationally renowned relationship & family therapist Dr. Jenn Mann are:
· Tiffany "New York" Pollard who struggles with her mother Sister Patterson treating her like a child, expecting her to obey her every word and command. Despite living 3000 miles apart, Tiffany still can't break away from her mother's over-bearing and dominating personality, and she desperately wants to learn how.
· Years after getting a divorce, celebrity exes Dina Lohan and Michael Lohan are in desperate need of help in order to successfully create a healthy family environment for their children. After tabloids documented every moment of their rocky divorce, these two have no choice but to learn to work together if they want to stop their children's suffering from being caught in the middle.
· Damon Dash and brothers Jeremy Dash and Bobby Dash deal with the type of sibling rivalry many can relate to. While they all share the same father, growing up with different mothers and childhood experiences has led to bitter fighting and bouts of not speaking to one another.
· Reality TV star Bam Margera became a household name for tormenting his mother April Margera on MTV's "Jackass", but his fame and fortune led to a dark battle with alcoholism. Along with seeking sobriety, he also needs to repair the damage he caused to his relationship with his mother.
· "Teen Mom" Briana Dejesus and sister Brittany Dejesus were first introduced to viewers on the MTV series "16 and Pregnant" and "Teen Mom 3" chronicling the birth of Briana's baby and Brittany's decision to end her pregnancy. Despite living together, the only thing keeping their toxic relationship in check is Briana's daughter Nova.
Dr. Jenn Mann, a well-known marriage and family therapist, author, speaker, and radio host, will be the relationship therapist for the couples. Dr. Jenn is the host of the popular call-in advice program "The Dr. Jenn Show" on The Stars Channel which is heard on Sirius XM. She is the author of three bestselling books: SuperBaby: 12 Ways to Give Your Child a Head Start in the First 3 Years, The A to Z Guide to Raising Happy Confident Kids and Rockin' Babies. People come to see her in her private practice for a variety of reasons, such as: relationship issues, parenting, eating disorders, substance abuse, depression, anxiety, self-esteem, trauma, and sexual abuse. She also works with performers and entertainment professionals dealing with creativity and performance issues and does consulting with a number of related organizations including The Actors Fund and A Minor Consideration. Dr. Mann also created the "No More Diets" application, which is currently available on iPhone & iPad.
Dr. Conte is the creator of Yield Theory, a powerful approach to combining radical compassion with conscious education in order to treat anger issues. He currently applies this method in training sports teams and in prisons working with inmates. Dr. Conte has also written several books including Life Lessons, Getting Control of Yourself, and Zen Parent, Zen Child. He was also the host of "Coaching Bad" on Spike TV, where he worked with NFL star Ray Lewis to rehabilitate coaches with anger management problems.
For more information please visit VH1.com.
Join the conversation with Family Therapy on Twitter @FamTherapyVH1 and use #FamilyTherapy. Follow the show on Facebook.
"VH1 Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn" is produced by Irwin Entertainment. Executive producing for Irwin Entertainment are John Irwin, Damian Sullivan and Tim Eagan. Dr Jenn Mann also serves as executive producer. Susan Levison, Jill Holmes, Fernando Mills and Paula Aranda serve as Executive Producers for VH1.
VH1 delivers the ultimate mash-up of music, pop culture and nostalgia for adults who still want to have fun. VH1 is available in 93 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital channels and services including VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul, the VH1 App, VH1.com and @VH1, the hub for all things music and pop culture. Fans may also access current and retro VH1 programming via the VH1 App, the network's three-in-one video, new form content and co-viewing app, available for free on iOS and Android platforms. VH1 is a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms.