AMAZON PRIME VIDEO TO BE EXCLUSIVE PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION HOME FOR THE CBS SERIES "SALVATION"
CBS announced today a content licensing agreement with Amazon for the Network's new summer series SALVATION.
The serialized suspense thriller follows a tech superstar and an MIT grad student who bring a Pentagon official a staggering discovery - that an asteroid is just six months away from colliding with Earth.
SALVATION will premiere on the CBS Television Network Wednesday, July 12 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). Prime Video will be the exclusive premium subscription home for SALVATION in the U.S. with unlimited streaming and downloading of all the series' episodes available to Prime members four days after their initial broadcast on CBS.
Prime members will be able to enjoy the episodes on hundreds of devices compatible with the Amazon Video app, including TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick and Fire tablets, or online. Episodes of SALVATION will also be available for purchase exclusively at Amazon Video.
"The CBS/Amazon relationship for original summer programming has been very successful, and we're excited to build on it with SALVATION," said Scott Koondel, Chief Corporate Licensing Officer, CBS Corporation. "It continues to be a great business model for year-round programming on the Network, as well as exclusive content for Amazon Video subscribers."
"Prime members have enjoyed streaming entertaining CBS summer series like 'Under the Dome' and 'Extant' only four days after their broadcast on CBS," said Brad Beale, Amazon Vice President of Worldwide Television Licensing. "We are excited to add CBS' new series SALVATION to Prime Video, giving customers even more great content to watch this summer."
This agreement builds upon CBS and Amazon's relationship with original, in-season series such as "Under the Dome" and "Extant," and the licensing of hit CBS programs such as "The Good Wife," BLUE BLOODS and "Star Trek," among others.
SALVATION stars Santiago Cabrera, Jennifer Finnigan, Charlie Rowe, Jacqueline Byers, Rachel Drance, Shazi Raja and Ian Anthony Dale. Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro, who wrote the script (based on the story by Matt Wheeler), are executive producers along with Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kadin, Peter Lenkov and Stuart Gillard for CBS Television Studios in association with Secret Hideout. Academy Award nominated director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo ("Esposados") will direct and serve as executive producer on the first episode.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
· Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
· Amazon Channels: Over 100 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike - the first curated on-demand subscription by Amazon Channels. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
· Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
· Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
· Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign up for Prime or to find out more, visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
About CBS Corporation:
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, radio, local TV, film, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS's businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), CBS Television Studios, CBS Studios International, CBS Television Distribution, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Films, Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, Pop (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Radio and CBS EcoMedia. For more information, go to www.cbscorporation.com.