[11/22/17 - 06:06 AM] Amazon and Funny or Die Land Parade Powerhouse Legends Cord Hosenbeck and Tish Cattigan as Hosts for Amazon Prime Video's 2018 Rose Parade Live Said event will stream live on Amazon Prime Video on New Year's Day, Monday, January 1, 2018 at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET.
[via press release from Amazon]
Amazon and Funny Or Die Land Parade Powerhouse Legends Cord Hosenbeck and Tish Cattigan as Hosts for Amazon Prime Video's 2018 Rose Parade Live Event on January 1, 2018 at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET
Cord Hosenbeck and Tish Cattigan are set to host the 2018 Rose Parade, streaming live on Amazon Prime Video. The news was announced today by Cord and Tish in a video announcement which can be seen here. Funny Or Die will produce the once-in-a-lifetime event, titled The 2018 Rose Parade Hosted by Cord & Tish, that will stream live on Amazon Prime Video on New Year's Day, Monday, January 1, 2018 at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET.
Cord Hosenbeck and Tish Cattigan are no strangers to the Rose Bowl, having covered the event for the past 25 years. However, their move this year to Amazon from a local station will allow their fans from around the world to stream the event live.
"Tish and I wait all year for this and this year it's going to be the biggest, the best, the most fun parade ever!" said Cord. "Pasadena in January! I wouldn't miss it for the world!" added Tish.
"We are honored to work with Amazon Prime Video on this exciting broadcast," said Tournament of Roses President, Lance Tibbet.
"Cord and Tish are parade legends, beloved the world over, and it was such a coup for us to steal them away to Amazon Prime Video for their first-ever live-streamed parade," said Heather Schuster, Head of Unscripted, Amazon Originals. "We're excited to bring Prime members this unprecedented live event from these veteran parade commentators."
Health and Fitness expert Cord Hosenbeck is a frequent television and radio host dedicated to physical and mental wellness. He has authored over thirty books on subjects as diverse as diet and dressing for success.
Tish Cattigan lives in Southern California with her husband Brent, who spends most of his time on his boat in Newport Beach. She was Miss Arizona and a runner-up for Miss America. As a best-selling author, she's written many books about relationships, co-dependency, marriage and wellness. Aside from her many appearances alongside Cord hosting the Rose Parade, Tish is also known for her two show stint as assistant D.A. Keller on L.A. Law.
Prime members will be able to stream the event, both live and after the initial airing, exclusively via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at www.amazon.com/2018RoseParade. Members can also download the event to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The special will be a global release and available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories.
Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
· Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed and self-published content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Tick, Manchester by the Sea and kids series, Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
· Live Sports: Sporting events, including NFL Thursday Night Football and ATP Next Gen ATP Finals, are available to watch live on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
· Amazon Channels: Over 130 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
· Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
· Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
· Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), X-Ray and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
About the Pasadena Tournament of Roses
The Tournament of Roses is a volunteer organization that hosts America's New Year Celebration with the Rose Parade presented by Honda, the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual and a variety of accompanying events. 935 volunteer members of the association will drive the success of 129th Rose Parade themed "Making A Difference," on Monday, January 1, 2018, followed by the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the 104th Rose Bowl Game. For more information, visit www.tournamentofroses.com. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
About Funny Or Die:
Currently celebrating its ten year anniversary, Funny Or Die is a premiere entertainment brand and production studio that creates award-winning comedy. Known for its celebrity driven and political content, Funny Or Die reaches a global audience of more than 60 million people, and is the #1 comedy brand on both Facebook and Twitter. Funny Or Die's Emmy Award-winning long-form division produces shows like the critically-acclaimed Brockmire for IFC, Emmy nominated Billy on the Street and The Chris Gethard Show for truTV, American Vandal for Netflix, the Sarah Silverman series I Love You, America for Hulu and No Activity for CBS All Access. FOD also makes award-winning TV commercials and Branded Content for brands such as Pepsi, McDonald's and Chrysler. Funny Or Die's founders are Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, and Chris Henchy. Judd Apatow is also a principal partner.