HBO Max Announces Lead Cast for New Mindy Kaling Comedy "THE SEX LIVES OF COLLEGE GIRLS"
Pauline Chalamet, Amrit Kaur, Reneé Rapp, and Alyah Chanelle Scott to Star
THE SEX LIVES OF COLLEGE GIRLS, the upcoming HBO Max comedy series from Emmy(R)-nominated writer/producer Mindy Kaling has set its lead cast.
· Pauline Chalamet (The King of Staten Island), Amrit Kaur (The D Cut, Star Trek: Short Treks, Anarkali), Reneé Rapp (Mean Girls on Broadway), and Alyah Chanelle Scott (The Book of Mormon) are set to star as four roommates randomly assigned to a dorm at Essex College, a prestigious New England university. A bundle of contradictions and hormones, these sexually active college girls are equal parts lovable and infuriating.
· Pauline Chalamet will star as Kimberly, the valedictorian of a working-class public high school in a humble Arizona suburb. Smart, caring, earnest, and ambitious, she's prepared for college academically - but not so much socially.
· Amrit Kaur will star as Bela, a comedy-obsessed, super confident cornball from the affluent suburbs of northern New Jersey who is never afraid to say what she's thinking. She describes herself as "extremely sex-positive" - even though she had sex for the first time 14 days ago.
· Reneé Rapp will make her television debut and will star as Leighton, who would describe herself as a normal, classy girl from a great family. Others would describe her as blunt, judgmental, and beyond entitled. Coming from one of the richest (and quietly Republican) families on New York City's Upper East Side, Leighton is a fourth-generation legacy at Essex.
· Alyah Chanelle Scott will also make her television debut and will star as Whitney. Strong and self-assured with a dry sense of humor, Whitney is the soon-to-be star of the Essex soccer team. She is also the only daughter of the most powerful Black senator in the country. The graduate of an elite Los Angeles prep school, Whitney chose an East Coast college to live her most exciting life.
· Kaling (The Mindy Project, Late Night, Never Have I Ever, The Office) and showrunner Justin Noble (Never Have I Ever, Brooklyn Nine-Nine) co-wrote the first episode and will executive produce with Howard Klein (The Mindy Project, The Office). The series is produced by Kaling International in association with Warner Bros. Television.
Cast bios and rep info below:
· Pauline Chalamet can be seen opposite Pete Davidson in Judd Apatow's 2020 feature The King of Staten Island, for Universal Pictures. Fluent in English and French, she recently returned to New York City from Paris, where she has been receiving her training from Studio Théâtre d'Asnières. She is fluent in English and French. (Reps: Anonymous Content and Gersh)
· Amrit Kaur is perhaps best known for starring in the Emmy-nominated CBS All Access anthology series Star Trek: Short Treks. She can also be seen in Freeform's The Bold Type, the CBC comedy Kim's Convenience, and YouTube's Anarkali. Her most recent credits include the timely Canadian television series The D Cut, inspired by the true story of an iconic queer hair salon fighting to stay open amid neighborhood gentrification, and the upcoming Little Wars, a production of the Toronto, Ontario-based Gracemoon Arts Company, of which she is a member. She is a recent graduate of one of Canada's top acting programs at York University, and also trains regularly at the Lonsdale Smith & Company Acting Studios. (Reps: Paul Hemrend/Edna Talent Management in Canada, and Craig Dorfman/Frontline Management)
· Reneé Rapp made her Broadway debut last year as Regina George in the Tony Award-nominated musical Mean Girls. In 2018, she won a Jimmy Award (National High School Musical Theatre Award) as Best Performance by an Actress for her work in Big Fish at Northwest School of the Arts in Charlotte, North Carolina. The North Carolina native is also a singer/songwriter. (Reps: CESD and One Entertainment)
· Alyah Chanelle Scott was most recently seen as Nabulungi in the U.S. national tour of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's Tony Award-winning musical The Book of Mormon. Her many theatrical credits include The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pippin, Disaster!, Hairspray, Passing Strange, Violet, Freaky Friday and The Little Mermaid. She graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre. (Reps: Paradigm)
About HBO Max
HBO Max is WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer offering, which debuted May 27, 2020. With 10,000 hours of curated premium content, HBO Max offers powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia's rich library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes and more. Website: HBOMax.com
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others. The organization also includes Xandr's suite of advanced advertising solutions designed to help to improve advertising for brands, publishers, and consumers. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).