PEACOCK ACQUIRES DOCUMENTARY "CIVIL WAR (OR, WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE)" FROM EMMY(R)-NOMINATED FILMMAKER RACHEL BOYNTON
Peacock Original Documentary to Premiere June 17
· Peacock announced today it has acquired the newest documentary from filmmaker Rachel Boynton (Big Men, Our Brand Is Crisis), CIVIL WAR (OR, WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE).
· The Peacock Original Documentary will premiere June 17 on Peacock, and broadcast in October on MSNBC.
· Urgent and complex, CIVIL WAR (OR, WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE) travels across the United States, exploring how Americans tell the story of their Civil War. Filmed from President Obama's final year in office through the present, it interweaves insightful scenes and touching interviews filmed North and South, painting a uniquely crafted, multi-faceted portrait of the American psyche and the deep roots of its turbulent times. With delicacy and strength, subtlety and determination, CIVIL WAR lays bare a nation in denial, haunted by an embittered past and the stories it refuses to tell.
· Directed by Rachel Boynton, the film is produced by Erika Dilday and Boynton, and executive produced by Henry Louis Gates Jr., Sam Pollard, Steven Shainberg, Rick Rosenthal, Robert S. Kravitz and Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner and Brad Pitt of Plan B.
· Jason Ishikawa at Cinetic Media brokered the deal on behalf of the filmmaker.
· To request a screener for CIVIL WAR (OR, WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE), please contact Jonathan.Fieweger@nbcuni.com.