[11/01/21 - 08:00 AM] Season Two of the International Max Original "Frayed" Debuts November 4 The series stars creator and writer, Sarah Kendall, and is executive produced by Clelia Mountford and Sharon Horgan.
[via press release from WarnerMedia]
Season Two Of The International Max Original FRAYED Debuts November 4
· The six-episode second season of the critically-acclaimed international Max Original FRAYEDdebuts THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4. Season two of the dramedy kicks off in London, where the lives and secrets of the Cooper family continue to unravel as they deal with the ramifications of season one's explosive finale, and their Australian past insists on catching up with them. The series stars creator and writer, Sarah Kendall, and is executive produced by Clelia Mountford and Sharon Horgan.
· Logline: Having made it out of Australia, season two finds Sammy (Sarah Kendall) and her kids, Lenny (Frazer Hadfield) and Tess (Maggie Ireland-Jones), living in a tiny London flat while she frantically tries to prove that her lawyer, Rufus (Robert Webb), stole her house. Barely able to make ends meet working in "exhaust management" (she's a secretary in a muffler repair shop), Sammy is desperate to find a way to reclaim her opulent London life. She also needs to keep her kids far away from Australia and the truth about what happened to their neighbor, Terry, not least with an ambitious cop heading up the missing persons case - one who simply cannot believe Terry would just disappear. With Jim (Ben Mingay), Jean (Kerry Armstrong) and Abby (Alexandra Jensen) trying to keep their secret hidden and con artist Bev (Doris Younane) lurking on the scene, it's only a matter of time until Sammy is called back to be a key witness in the case.
· Season two cast: FRAYED stars creator, writer and producer Sarah Kendall, who earned a 2020 BAFTA(R) TV nomination for Female Performance in a Comedy Program for her role in season one, alongside Maggie Dence, Trystan Go, Robert Webb, Ben Mingay, Kerry Armstrong, Alexandra Jensen, Doris Younane. Diane Morgan, Matt Passmore, George Houvardas, Frazer Hadfield, Maggie Ireland-Jones, Hamish Michael, Gemma Whelan, Jane Hall and Emma Harvie.
· Credits: FRAYED is produced by Merman Television ("Motherland" BBC, "There She Goes" BBC, "This Way Up" C4/Hulu, "Catastrophe" C4/Amazon), the production company founded and run by award-winning duo Sharon Horgan and Clelia Mountford, in association with Australia's Guesswork Television ("Rosehaven," Get "Krack!n," "Please Like Me") and Sky Studios. The series is writted and created by Sarah Kendall, developed by Clelia Mountford, produced by Nicole O'Donohue and directed by Shaun Wilson. Executive Producers are Clelia Mountford and Sharon Horgan for Merman, Kevin Whyte for Guesswork, Todd Abbott for ABC and Tilusha Ghelani for Sky Studios.
· This dramedy joins the platform's ever-growing slate of international titles, including including the upcoming 2021 German TV Awards Best Drama Series "Para - We Are King (Wir Sind King)"; upcoming "Sort Of," which premiered at TIFF this year; the Spanish series "Veneno," "Perfect Life (Vida Perfecta)," which will return for a season two this year, and upcoming "Paradise (Paraíso)"; the upcoming Danish drama "Kamikaze"; the powerful 1980s limited drama series "It's a Sin" and the romantic comedy series "Starstruck."
[11/30/21 - 10:01 AM] HBO Documentary "Reopening Night" Debuts December 20 The HBO feature documentary follows the cast, crew and staff of the world-famous Public Theater as they prepare to mount an adaptation of Shakespeare's "Merry Wives," at the open-air Delacorte Theater in New York City.
[11/30/21 - 09:30 AM] Netflix Unveils Genre Series Slate for 2022 Among the highlights: "Archive 81" (January 14), "In from the Cold" (January 28), "Raising Dion" season two (February 1) and "Vikings: Valhalla" (February 25).