[05/03/22 - 10:03 AM] The Roku Channel Presents Exciting New Slate of Roku Original Productions at the 2022 IAB NewFronts The streamer also released never-before-seen content from their highly anticipated Roku Original film "WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Story."
[via press release from Roku]
The Roku Channel Presents Exciting New Slate of Roku Original Productions at the 2022 IAB NewFronts
The Roku Channel presented 18 all-new original productions at its first in-person NewFront, and brought out an array of A-List talent including Daniel Radcliffe, Kevin Hart, Chrissy Teigen, Martha Stewart, Maria Menounos and Andrew Hawkins.
Watch the Official Teaser for "WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Story"
NEW YORK, NEW YORK (May 3, 2022) - After two years of presenting virtually, Roku painted New York City purple with their first-ever live NewFronts presentation on May 3rd at The Chelsea Factory in New York City. Sprinkled with surprise talent appearances, the presentation revealed how Roku is building a better TV experience for everyone: streamers, publishers, advertisers, and partners. The streamer also released never-before-seen content from their highly anticipated Roku Original film WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Story.
Roku's NewFront presentation was hosted by Maria Menounos and Andrew "Hawk" Hawkins, hosts of their hit entertainment series Roku Recommends, where they unveiled several new Roku Originals productions and series renewals. Stars from The Roku Channel that celebrated America's #1 TV streaming platform on the main stage included Daniel Radcliffe, Chrissy Teigen, Pepper Thai, Martha Stewart, Emeril Lagasse, Lizzy Mathis, David Castañeda, Kevin O'Connor, Chris Kimball, Meaghan Rath and Aaron Abrams, with taped messages from Kevin Hart, "Weird" Al Yankovic, Robert Rodriguez, Zoe Lister-Jones, and Paul Hollywood & Prue Leith.
Featured Roku speakers included Alison Levin (VP, Global Ad Revenue and Marketing Solutions), Rob Holmes (VP, Programming), Dan Robbins (VP, Ad Marketing and Partner Solutions), Chris Bruss (Head of Roku Brand Studio), Kristina Shepard (National Brand Team Lead) and Julian Mintz (National Brand Team Lead).
The IAB NewFronts brought together streaming content providers, advertising buyers, and highlighted digital content planned for the upcoming couple of years. This year's theme, "Stream On," highlights the continued growth of ad-supported video streaming and viewership trends.
SCRIPTED ANNOUNCEMENTS INCLUDED
· "WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Story," feature-length comedy about the life and career of the biggest-selling comedy recording artist of all time "Weird Al" Yankovic (Daniel Radcliffe).
· "Most Dangerous Game" Season 2: Determined to protect his sister, Victor Suero (David Castañeda) agrees to participate in a 24-hour deadly game in New York City organized by Miles Seller (Christoph Waltz).
· "Die Hart" Season 2, follows fictionalized Kevin Hart as he tries to level up his action star status.
· "Slip," a comedy following a woman (Zoe Lister-Jones) through parallel universes as she enters new relationships in an attempt to find her way back to her partner and eventually herself.
· "Children Ruin Everything" Season 2, a heartwarming and relatable comedy about living with the worst roommates of all: young children.
UNSCRIPTED ANNOUNCEMENTS INCLUDED
· "The Great American Baking Show," Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith serve up the American version of the most beloved baking show on the planet, bringing together passionate, talented bakers to compete in the iconic tent to see who will be named America's Best Amateur Baker.
· "The Great American Baking Show: Celebrity Holiday Edition," a holiday special where top celebrity talent go head-to-head to take home the baking crown -- all in the name of charity.
· "Delicioso," Roku's inaugural Spanish Language original series, a cooking competition, rooted in the rich stories and traditions of Latin heritage through premium documentary storytelling.
· "Honest Renovations," a home renovation series that dives into the trials & tribulations of new parenthood, hosted by Jessica Alba and Lizzy Mathis.
· "To Paris for Love: A Reality Rom-Com," a first-of-its kind, feature-length twist on the traditional "romantic comedy" genre following three, real single friends in the City of Lights, hailed from Reese Witherspoon's Hello Sunshine and Zoë Saldaña's Cinestar.
· "Chrissy's Court" Season 2 + 3, Chrissy Teigen and her mother Pepper Thai reign supreme as the Judge and Bailiff in this courtroom. The plaintiffs, defendants, and disputes are real - with Chrissy's decisions over these small claims cases final and binding.
· "Martha Gardens," Martha Stewart is a passionate gardener and cultivator of plants and vegetables. Over the course of a year in the life of her incredible 153-acre farm, Martha will share the tips, tricks and tools that gardeners of all skill levels need to be successful - and have fun.
· "Martha Cooks," Lifestyle icon Martha Stewart cooks 100 of her favorite recipes, working with world renowned chefs and dear friends, all from her home kitchen in Bedford, New York.
· "Martha Holidays," Martha Stewart is your host for everything holiday! From festive family dishes and dazzling desserts, from decorating tips to thoughtful gift ideas, Martha will share her secrets for a successful and joyous holiday season.
· "Emeril Tailgates," Whether you're in the parking lot or the living room, no game is complete without the food and drinks you share with family and friends. Chef and grill master Emeril Lagasse will add his signature "kick" to regionally specific dishes inspired by popular tailgate fare from across the country, from Buffalo wings to Kansas City BBQ.
· "Emeril Cooks," Chef Emeril Lagasse hosts a cooking show in the heart of New Orleans, highlighting his restaurant menus, cookbooks and air fryer favorites.
· "Milk Street's Cooking School," With appealing, approachable recipes from around the world, Kimball and his team of experts seek to inspire home cooks to try new techniques, ingredients, and tools that will make them more confident, more successful and more excited to get in the kitchen.
· "Milk Street's My Family Recipe," Few things evoke such emotion as food shared with family. With a combination of historical context and modern culinary know-how, Christopher Kimball and James Beard Award Winner Cheryl Day will help home cooks recreate lost or forgotten cherished family recipes. My Family Recipe is more than a cooking show - it's a show about history, community, family, and memories, and how food ties it all together.
The Roku Channel is the exclusive home of Roku Originals. From award-winning scripted entertainment and engaging documentaries to new breakout unscripted series, Roku Originals gives viewers free access to bold, fresh entertainment from the biggest names in Hollywood. Half of the top 10 on-demand titles by reach on The Roku Channel in 2021 were Roku Originals.
Launched in 2017, The Roku Channel is the home of free and premium entertainment on the Roku platform. In Q4 2021, The Roku Channel reached U.S. households with an estimated 80 million people. The Roku Channel was a top 5 channel on the Roku platform in the U.S. by active account reach and streaming hour engagement in Q1 2022. Today, The Roku Channel features a diverse lineup of more than 80,000 free movies and programs and over 275 free live linear television channels in the U.S, ￼as well as Premium Subscriptions from over 50 content partners. It licenses and distributes content from more than 250 partners. In addition to Roku devices, The Roku Channel is available on Web, iOS and Android devices, Amazon Fire TV and select Samsung TVs and can be accessed internationally in the U.S., Canada and the U.K.
[05/17/22 - 10:03 AM] "We Hunt Together" to Return to Showtime This Summer The second season will roll out Friday, June 24, when all six episodes will be available on streaming and on demand for Showtime subscribers before making its on-air debut with its first two episodes on Sunday, June 26 at 7:30/6:30c.