ACADEMY AWARD-NOMINEE ABIGAIL BRESLIN AND AISHA DEE HAVE SIGNED ON TO FOX AND SONY PICTURES TELEVISION'S SERIES "ACCUSED"
· The episode follows ESME BREWER (Abigail Breslin, "Little Miss Sunshine"), a waitress who left home when she was 15 to escape her toxic past. After a white nationalist plows his car into a peaceful demonstration and gets away, local police are unable to find the driver. Brewer (Breslin) and her girlfriend AALIYAH HARRIS (Aisha Dee, "The Bold Type"), who goes catfishing to find the driver of a car, take justice into their own hands.
· ACCUSED was developed by Howard Gordon ("24," "Homeland") and executive-produced by Gordon, Alex Gansa ("24," "Homeland") and David Shore ("The Good Doctor," "House").
· Based on the BBC's BAFTA-winning crime anthology, ACCUSED opens in a courtroom on the accused, with viewers knowing nothing about their crime or how they ended up on trial. Told from the defendant's point of view through flashbacks, ACCUSED holds a mirror up to the current times with evocative and emotional stories. In ACCUSED, viewers discover how an ordinary person gets caught up in an extraordinary situation and ultimately crossing the line, revealing how one wrong turn leads to another, until it's too late to turn back.
· ACCUSED is co-produced by Sony Pictures Television and FOX Entertainment, and executive-produced and developed by Howard Gordon and executive produced by Alex Gansa, David Shore, Glenn Geller, Erin Gunn, All3Media America's Jacob Cohen-Holmes, and Jimmy McGovern, Sita Williams, Roxy Spencer and Louise Pedersen for All3Media International. Frank Siracusa and John Weber also serve as executive producers. Created by Jimmy McGovern, the original series debuted in 2010 on BBC One.
· Breslin's Theatrical representation is CAA, management is Definition Entertainment PR is R&C/PMK.
· Dee is repped by Gersh, managed by Animal Federation and PR is Imprint.
Abigail Breslin is widely recognized for her Academy Award-nominated role as 'Olive' in the critically-acclaimed feature film Little Miss Sunshine. Breslin was seen in the films August: Osage County, The Call, Definitely Maybe, and M. Night Shyamalan's 2012 film "Signs" opposite Mel Gibson. She also starred in the popular films Zombieland and Zombieland 2 for Sony Pictures. Most recently Breslin starred in Stillwater for director Tom McCarthy opposite Matt Damon. For television, Breslin starred in the popular FOX horror-comedy series, Scream Queens. Over her career, Breslin has received numerous honors. In 2008 she was bestowed with the prestigious "Female Star of Tomorrow" Award from ShoWest. In addition she received the "Rising Changemaker" Award from the Greenwich Film Festival for her work with the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and she was also honored by the National Women's History Museum.
Aisha Dee has quickly established herself as one of the fresh new faces of Hollywood. Developing an impressive resume of diverse and memorable television and film roles, the Australian actress and singer/songwriter has captivated vast global audiences accruing a substantial fan following. Dee starred in Freeform's comedy-drama television series, THE BOLD TYPE. She will soon star in the upcoming Netflix film PLUS/MINUS alongside Lili Reinhart. Dee is the star in the Australian mind-bending thriller SISSY, written and directed by Hannah Barlow and Kanes Senes and produced by Jason Taylor (X-Men franchise) and Lisa Shaunessy (2067), which premiered at SXSW this year. Aisha recently wrapped the film COLLIDE with Kat Graham, Jim Gaffigan and Ryan Phillipe and an indie feature executive produced by Matt Damon opposite Finn Wittrock titled START WITHOUT ME. Dee's past credits include Syfy's CHANNEL ZERO created by Nick Antosca, the MTV series SWEET/ VICIOUS, and the series CHASING LIFE. Aisha's first music EP, 'Ice in My Rosé,' is out now on all platforms.