Quick Take for Monday, November 26, 2007 (Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings)
ABC Wins its 10th Monday in a Row in Total Viewers Matching its Longest Viewer Winning Streak on the Night in More Than 7 Years
ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" is Monday's No. 1 Show for the 10th Straight Week, Ranking as the Second-Most-Watched Telecast of the 2007-08 TV Season
The Season Finale of "DWTS" Delivers ABC's Best Performance in the 8pm Hour
in Viewers and Young Adults in More Than 7 Years with Series Programming
"Samantha Who?" Leads its New 9pm Time Period with Women 18-49,
Standing as Monday's No. 1 Comedy Among Adults 18-34 and Key Women
Season Premiere of ABC's "Notes from the Underbelly" Registers
Regular Series Highs in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49
ABC's "October Road" Takes Second in its Monday Time Period Premiere
Across All Key Women Demos
Monday Night (8:00-11:00 p.m.)
ABC's lineup featuring the Monday season finale of "Dancing with the Stars," the time period premiere of "Samantha Who?," the season premiere of "Notes from the Underbelly" and the time period premiere of "October Road" made ABC Monday's most-watched TV network for the 10th consecutive week this season, beating second-place CBS by 1.5 million viewers (13.7 million vs. 12.2 million). The Net also ranked No. 1 on the evening among Adults 18-49 (4.0/10 - tied) and across each of the key women demographics: Women 18-34 (4.2/10), Women 18-49 (5.5/13) and Women 25-54 (6.7/15).
* In winning the night in viewers, ABC matched its longest Monday Total Viewer winning streak (tied with Spring 07) in well over 7 years - since a streak during the 1999-00 season, from 10/18/99-1/09/00.
"Dancing with the Stars" (8:00-9:00 p.m.)
The Monday season finale of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" was the most-watched show (24.7 million) on Monday night for the 10th week in a row and now stands as the second-most-watched primetime telecast for the 2007-08 TV season (behind only the season premiere of CBS' "C.S.I."). In addition, the broad appealing unscripted dance competition ranked as the No. 1 TV show of the evening with Adults 18-49 (6.2/15), Adults 25-54 (7.9/18) and across each of the key women demos: Women 18-34 (5.9/15), Women 18-49 (8.7/20), and Women 25-54 (11.0/24).
* The season finale of "Dancing with the Stars" registered ABC's highest numbers in Monday's 8 o'clock hour with series programming in over 7 years - since 5/1/00.
"Samantha Who?" (9:00-9:30 p.m.)
The season's No. 1 freshman comedy in viewers and young adults, as well as the most-watched new show overall, ABC's "Samantha Who?" finished second in its new 9:00-9:30 p.m. time period in Total Viewers (12.6 million) and Adults 18-34 (3.3/8). The freshman comedy led its half-hour by 9% in Women 18-49 (5.8/12 vs. 5.3/11), beating CBS' veteran comedy, "Two and a Half Men."
* "Samantha Who?" stood and Monday's No. 1 comedy among Adults 18-34 (3.3/8), Women 18-34 (4.7/11) and Women 18-49 (5.8/12).
* "Samantha Who?" retained 100% of its week-ago performance among Adults 18-34, while building on it's prior week's performance among Women 18-34 (4.7/11 vs. 4.6/10).
"Notes from the Underbelly" (9:30-10:00 p.m.)
The second season premiere of "Notes from the Underbelly" drew 8.3 million viewers and a 2.9 rating, 7 share among Adults 18-49, registering the series' best regular telecast performance in both measures.
* "Notes from the Underbelly" beat its comedy competition in the time slot, CBS's "Rules of Engagement," by 23% in Adults 18-34 (2.7/6 vs. 2.2/5) and by 57% in Women 18-34 (3.6/8 vs. 2.3/5).
"October Road" (10:00-11:00 p.m.)
The Monday premiere of ABC's "October Road" took second in its time period behind CBS' veteran drama "C.S.I.: Miami" across each of the key women demographics: Women 18-34 (2.6/6), Women 18-49 (3.0/7) and Women 25-54 (3.5/8).
* "October Road" saw increases over its special Thursday airing (11/22/07) across each of the key adult demographics: Adults 18-34 (2.0/5 vs. 1.9/6), Adults 18-49 (2.3/6 vs. 2.1/6) and Adults 25-54 (2.6/6 vs. 2.3/6).
A note about increasing DVR penetration and year to year rating comparisons: Year-to-year rating trends based on the Live + Same Day data stream may be somewhat distorted by the level of DVR penetration in the Nielsen sample, which has more than doubled from 10% at the same point in 2006 up to 21% currently. More viewers are watching shows on their own timetables, which may not be reflected in the overnight next day numbers. Therefore, the only truly valid year-to-year comparison would be one based on the Live + 7 Day metric, once those stats are released by Nielsen.
Source: Nielsen Media Research (Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings), 11/26/07. Please Note that the ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh aired the ESPN football game Monday night and the numbers are averaged into the fast affiliate ratings.