or


[12/19/07 - 02:24 PM]
Quick Take for Tuesday, December 18, 2007 (Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings)
ABC spins the numbers for Tuesday, December 18.

[via press release from ABC]

Quick Take for Tuesday, December 18, 2007 (Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings)

ABC's "Duel" Builds its Audience in Night 2, Up from its Monday Debut by Solid Margins in Total Viewers and Across Each of the Key Adult Demographics

"Duel" Takes Second from 8-9pm in Adults 18-49, while Holding the No. 1 Position in the Hour among Adults 18-34

ABC's "Boston Legal" Defeats its Drama Competition in the 10pm Hour, Outdelivering CBS' "Cane" by 7% in Viewers and by 17% in Adults 18-49

"Duel" (8:00-9:30 p.m.)

On its second night, ABC's "Duel" gained momentum, growing from its Monday debut by 9% in Total Viewers (7.3 million vs. 6.7 million), by 5% in Adults 18-34 (2.0/7 vs. 1.9/6), by 14% in Adults 18-49 (2.4/7 vs. 2.1/6) and by 12% in Adults 25-54 (2.8/7 vs. 2.5/6). From 8:00-9:00 p.m. opposite an original of CBS' "NCIS" and NBC's "Clash of the Choirs," "Duel" took second place in Adults 18-49 (2.4/7-tie) and ranked No. 1 in the hour with Adults 18-34 (2.0/7). In addition, the show held second place in its 90-minute time period among Men 18-34 (1.8/6) and Men 25-54 (2.4/7) "Duel" is airing as a 6-night event during the week, concluding with its season finale on Sunday from 8:00-9:00 p.m. (ET). On Sunday evening (12/23/07), a final winner will be awarded a jackpot in excess of $1.5 million.

"Boston Legal" (10:00-11:00 p.m.)

During the 10 o'clock hour, ABC's "Boston Legal" defeated its drama competition, outperforming CBS' "Cane" by 7% in Total Viewers (7.7 million vs. 7.2 million) and by 17% in Adults 18-49 (2.1/6 vs. 1.8/5).

A note about increasing DVR penetration and year to year rating comparisons: Year-to-year rating trends based on the Live + Same Day data stream may be somewhat distorted by the level of DVR penetration in the Nielsen sample, which has nearly doubled over 11% at the same point in 2006 up to over 21% currently. More viewers are watching shows on their own timetables, which may not be reflected in the overnight next day numbers. Therefore, the only truly valid year-to-year comparison would be one based on the Live + 7 Day metric, once those stats are released by Nielsen.

Source: Nielsen Media Research (Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings), 12/18/07.





  [december 2007]  
S
M
T
W
T
F
S
      


· BOSTON LEGAL (ABC)
· CANE (CBS)
· CLASH OF THE CHOIRS (NBC)
· DUEL (ABC)
· NCIS (CBS)









most recent ratings | view all posts
[05/02/15 - 09:23 AM]
"Dateline NBC" Delivers Its Most-Watched Friday in Four Weeks
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, May 1.

[05/02/15 - 09:07 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: "Shark Tank," "Beyond the Tank" Top Demos for ABC
The Alphabet is the network to beat among adults 18-49 last night.

[05/02/15 - 08:36 AM]
ABC Is #1 for 4th Straight Friday in Adults 18-49 - "Beyond the Tank" Opens Strong
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, May 1.

[05/01/15 - 01:19 PM]
Investigation Discovery Clinches Spot as Top 10 Network for Women in Prime in April
Investigation Discovery spins the numbers for the month of April.

[05/01/15 - 01:12 PM]
Discovery Channel Delivers Best April Ever in Men
Discovery spins the numbers for the month of April.

[05/01/15 - 12:21 PM]
ESPN's NFL Draft: Round 1 Scores Seven Million Viewers
ESPN spins the numbers for Thursday, April 30.

[05/01/15 - 08:51 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: Expanded "Grey's" Pushes ABC in Front
The Alphabet leads the night among adults 18-49, edging CBS by a tenth of a ratings point.

[05/01/15 - 08:35 AM]
ABC Leads the Pack for the 2nd-Straight Thursday in Adults 18-49, Surging 25% Over the Year-Ago May Sweep Night
ABC spins the numbers for Thursday, April 30.

[05/01/15 - 08:14 AM]
NBC's Thursday Overall Improves by 17% Since the "Blacklist" Move in 18-49 and 2.9 Million Viewers Overall
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, April 30.

[05/01/15 - 08:00 AM]
ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" Builds to a 6-Week High Among Adults 18-49
ABC spins the late-night numbers for the week of April 20-24.

[04/30/15 - 01:26 PM]
"When Calls the Heart" Is Off to a Strong Start with a 2.1 HH Rating and 2.3 Million Total Viewers, Based on L+3 Data
The Hallmark Channel further spins the numbers for Saturday, April 25.

[04/30/15 - 12:18 PM]
2015 Major League Baseball Very, Very Good to FOX Sports
FOX Sports spins the numbers for its MLB coverage to date this season.

[04/30/15 - 09:58 AM]
ABC Wins the First Wednesday of the May Sweep and Spikes 19% Year to Year
ABC spins the numbers for Wednesday, April 29.

[04/30/15 - 09:33 AM]
"Law & Order: SVU" Delivers Its Highest Rated and Most Watched Episode Since November 12, 2014
NBC spins the numbers for Wednesday, April 29.

[04/30/15 - 09:29 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Tops Demo Race with "Modern Family"
Plus: NBC gets a boost from its crossover episodes of "Chicago PD" and "Law & Order: SVU."