POWERED BY FACE OFF, GHOST HUNTERS, BEING HUMAN AND LOST GIRL, SYFY POSTS DOUBLE DIGIT GAINS IN TOTAL VIEWERS, ADULTS 18-34, ADULTS 18-49 AND ADULTS 25-54 DURING FEBRUARY
NEW YORK - February 29, 2012 - Fueled by a quartet of hit original series - Face Off, Ghost Hunters, Being Human and Lost Girl - Syfy scored double-digit gains in total viewers (+12%), Adults 18-49 (+11%) and Adults 25-54 (+11%) during February, compared to February 2011.
Syfy also saw double-digit growth among the younger demos, rising 22% among Adults 18-34, 36% among Women 18-34, 19% in Women 18-49 and 11% among Men 18-34.
Syfy on-air ratings highlights include:
· Face Off is transforming 1.43 million Adults18-49, 1.32 million Adults 25-54 and 2.43 million total viewers in its second season-to-date (+48% / +37% / +56% respectively from its first season average).
· Being Human's second season-to-date is averaging 1.17 million Adults18-49, 1.20 million Adults 25-54 and 1.99 million total viewers (+9% / +15% / +4% respectively from its first season average).
· Ghost Hunters eighth season is spooking 1.24 million Adults 18-49, 1.37 million Adults 25-54 and 2.42 million total viewers (+13% / +17% / +22 percent respectively from its seventh full season average).
· Lost Girl has improved the year ago time period (Mondays at 10PM) by triple-digits, soaring 108% in Adults 18-49, 115% in Adults 25-54 and 116% in total viewers.
· Merlin's current season-to-date is bewitching 854,000 Adults 18-49, 1.01 million Adults 25-54 and 2.18 million total viewers (+21% / +14% / +13% respectively from its prior season average).
· Saturday Original Movie Jules Verne's Mysterious Island grabbed 2.4 million total viewers.
Syfy Digital and Social Media highlights include:
· Year to year in page views, Face Off rose 206%, Ghost Hunters +69%, Merlin +25% and Being Human +5%.
· Ghost Hunters ranked #4, while Being Human and Face Off each ranked #8 among the top 10 cable shows in social activity.
· Syfy now has 6.1 million Facebook fans, up +94% year to year.
Source: Omniture, 2012-to-date (1/1/12-2/25/12), Prior Year Comparison Based on Comparable Time Period, Trendrr average day-of-air social activity in Feb'12, Facebook fans as of 2/27/12 vs. 2/28/11.
Syfy's 2012 original programming juggernaut will continue with the premiere of Monster Man Wednesday, March 14 at 11PM (ET/PT), following the season two finale of Face Off at 10PM. Monster Man will regularly air Wednesdays at 10PM (ET/PT) beginning March 21.
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 98 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)