ABC Beats its Combined Competition on New Year's Eve - NYRE is Up at 10pm to 2nd-Biggest-Ever Audience
ABC New Year's Eve Primetime (8-11pm - 9.8 million and 2.8/10 in AD18-49): With its New Year's Eve line-up, ABC ranked a dominant #1 on the final night of 2015 over its broadcast competition, winning all 6 half-hours of prime and more than doubling runner-up NBC's NYE programming in Total Viewers (+123% - 9.8 million vs. 4.4 million) and nearly tripling it with Adults 18-49 (+180% - 2.8/10 vs. 1.0/4). In fact ABC beat the combined deliveries of CBS, NBC and Fox on the evening by 12% in Adults 18-49 (2.8/10 vs. 2.5/9). Please Note: ESPN carried the high-rated Cotton Bowl during Thursday's primetime (Alabama-Michigan State).
Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest (10-11pm - 13.1 million and 3.9/14 in AD18-49): Jumping over its lead-in at 10pm, ABC's broadcast of Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest eclipsed its broadcast competition during the final hour of the night and ranked as TV's #1 primetime entertainment program with Total Viewers and across each of the key Adult demos (AD18-34/AD18-49/AD25-54).
· Head-to-head from 10-11pm, ABC's Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest nearly quadrupled NBC's New Year's Eve Game Night with Andy Cohen (3.8 million and 1.0/4) in Total Viewers (+245%) and Adults 18-49 (+290%). ABC's show also towered over Fox's Pitbull's New Year Resolution earlier in the evening (2.7 million and 0.9/3 from 8-10pm).
· The 10-11pm segment of Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve grew for the 2nd-consecutive year in Total Viewers (+2% - 13.1 million vs. 12.9 million) and held even in Adults 18-49, drawing its 2nd-largest-ever overall audience - the special premiered on the Net in 2000.
Social Activity: In its entirety, Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest 2016 on ABC was the #1 most Tweeted program on New Year's Eve ever, as measured by Nielsen Social (Source: Nielsen, 12/31/11 - 12/31/15).
· A total of 3.5 million people in the U.S. saw one or more of the 529,000 Tweets sent about Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest 2016 on ABC on Thursday, 12/31/15, according to Nielsen. These Tweets were sent by 161,300 people and generated more than 13.9 million Twitter TV impressions.
· The unique audience for New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest 2016 represented 32% of the total Twitter TV audience for the day.
· The most Tweeted about minute occurred at 1:15 AM EST (4,155 Tweets during the minute) as viewers reacted to a performance by 5 Seconds of Summer.