This Just In...
SUPER BOWL LI ON FOX DELIVERS NETWORK'S BEST
METERED MARKET RATING EVER
Houston - The New England Patriots' dramatic overtime win against the Atlanta Falcons Sunday on FOX delivered a 48.8/72 metered market household rating/share, according to Nielsen Media Research, which is the network's highest metered market rating ever. Additional metered market highlights include:
· Super Bowl LI holds the third-highest metered market rating in the game's history
· The game is up +3.0% over the last Super Bowl on FOX, the 2014 matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos (48.8 vs. 47.6)
· Super Bowl LI powered FOX to an easy win across all networks in prime time Sunday night, and the 48.8 rating projects to rank as FOX's highest-rated primetime telecast of the broadcast season
· Sunday night's game opened with a 43.5/69 household rating/share at kickoff and peaked at a 52.1/74 from 10:00-10:30 PM ET as the game went into overtime for the first time in Super Bowl history and James White crossed the goal line to hand the Patriots the franchise's fifth Lombardi Trophy
· Pittsburgh led all local markets with a 57.9/78 household rating/share, followed by: Buffalo (57.2/78); Atlanta (57.0/82); Norfolk (55.9/75); Richmond (55.7/73); Milwaukee (54.8/75); Providence (54.6/78); Boston (54.3/81); Indianapolis (54.1/75); and Minneapolis (54.0/78) and Hartford (54.0/72)
Fast Nationals have been ordered for Super Bowl LI and will be made available later today.