HALLMARK CHANNEL CLOSES OUT 2022 AS MOST-WATCHED ENTERTAINMENT CABLE NETWORK OF THE YEAR ACROSS KEY DEMOS
HOLIDAY PROGRAMMING SENSATION, COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS, ELEVATES HALLMARK CHANNEL TO FOURTH QUARTER'S #1 NETWORK FOR NINTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
Haul Out the Holly and Three Wise Men and a Baby Become Cable's
Standout #1 Most-Watched Original Movies of the Year
January 11, 2023, NEW YORK -- Hallmark Channel heads into the new year with many reasons to celebrate. Driven by its original scripted series and original movies, Hallmark Channel claims the distinction as most-watched network on entertainment cable for the entire year. Beloved long-time scripted program, When Calls the Heart, ranked as the year's second most-watched original scripted series on cable, while the network's original movies accounted for 97 of the top 100 cable movies in 2022.
In addition, holiday programming phenomenon, Countdown to Christmas, once again rose to the top in Fourth Quarter, positioning the network as #1 most-watched across entertainment cable for the ninth consecutive year. Two original holiday movies were seasonal standouts - Haul Out the Holly, headlined by fan favorites, Lacey Chabert and Wes Brown, and Three Wise Men and a Baby, starring Paul Campbell, Tyler Hynes, and Andrew Walker, both of which earned bragging rights as the #1 most-watched cable movies of the year.
Hallmark Channel Full Year 2022 Highlights include:
· Entertainment cable's #1 most-watched network among Households, Women and Persons 18+, and Total Viewers, as well as #3 most-watched among Women 25-54
· When Calls the Heart registers as #2 original scripted series on cable among Households, Women and Persons 18+, and Total Viewers
· Network claims 97 of the top 100 movies on cable among Households and Women 18+
Hallmark Channel Countdown to Christmas + Fourth Quarter Highlights include:
· In Fourth Quarter 2022, Hallmark Channel became the most watched entertainment cable network among Households, Total Viewers, Women and Persons 18+, Women 25-54 (with no qualifiers), and Women 18-49. What's more, propelled by Countdown to Christmas, the network has held these #1 standings during Fourth Quarter:
· Among Women 18+ for nine consecutive years
· Among Women 25-54 and Persons 18+ for seven consecutive years
· Among Households & Total Viewers for six consecutive years
· Among Women 18-49 for the second consecutive year
· Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas holiday programming franchise:
· Delivered the #1 most-watched cable movie of the year among Households, Women 18+, and Total Viewers with Three Wise Men and a Baby, and among Women 25-54 with Haul out the Holly
· Delivered the #1 most-watched entertainment cable program every Friday and Saturday for nine consecutive weeks among Households and Women 18+
· Reached nearly 42 million Unduplicated Total Viewers
*Source: Nielsen L+SD Program-based data; Ad-supported cable, excluding news and sports-NHI 4th Quarters 2013-2022, FY 12/27/21-12/25/22; Networks that share feed are weight averaged to daypart based on duration for competitive rankings; Original Scripted Series based on programs with 5+ premiere episodes and excludes repeats, news, sports, and reality programming. L+SD Unduplicated P2+ reach from 10/21/22-12/31/22, 6 min qualifier.
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Hallmark Media's flagship 24-hour cable television network. As the country's leading destination for quality, feel-good entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. The network's lineup of signature original content includes movies, primetime scripted series, and specials. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate holidays, seasons, and life's special moments, Hallmark Channel is home to a host of annual programming events, including the highly successful Countdown to Christmas, which has become a pop culture phenomenon and a beloved holiday tradition for millions of viewers. Rounding out the network's slate are some of television's most classic comedies and series, including The Golden Girls, Frasier, and Reba.