[01/29/09 - 02:26 PM]
Lil' Wayne Gives Katie Couric a Glimpse of His Prowess Out of the Music Studio and in the Bowling Alley During "Katie Couric's 'All Access' Grammy Special," on Wednesday, FeB. 4
"Music is another form of news. Music is another form of journalism to me, so I have to cover all the areas with my album," says the Grammy nominated rap star.

[via press release from CBS]

LIL' WAYNE GIVES KATIE COURIC A GLIMPSE OF HIS PROWESS OUT OF THE MUSIC STUDIO AND IN THE BOWLING ALLEY DURING "KATIE COURIC'S 'ALL ACCESS' GRAMMY SPECIAL," ON WEDNESDAY, FEB. 4

In a Revealing Interview, the Rap Artist, Nominated This Year for Eight Grammys, Also Talks to Couric About His Music, His Family, His Marijuana And More

Grammy nominated rap star Lil' Wayne talks about his four custom-made bowling balls and his love for the game when he takes on Katie Couric at a New York City bowling alley on KATIE COURIC'S "ALL ACCESS" GRAMMY SPECIAL, to be broadcast Wednesday, Feb. 4 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. "If you talk to a professional bowler," he points out, "he would explain or she'll explain how your own ball and your own shoes, and perfect lanes are important."

In a revealing interview with Couric, Lil' Wayne, who leads the music pack this year with eight Grammy nominations for his album, The Carter III, tells the CBS News anchor, "Music is another form of news. Music is another form of journalism to me, so I have to cover all the areas with my album." One event in the news that was very poignant for the New Orleans native was Hurricane Katrina for which he wrote a song, "Tie Me Down," that he'll perform at the Grammys.

Lil' Wayne, who shares his real first name, Dwayne, with his father, also reveals to Couric that he dropped the D because, "I'm a junior and my father is livin'...he's never been in my life, so I don't wanna be Dwayne." Asked if his father knows this, Wayne says, "He knows now."

One thing close to Lil' Wayne's heart is his marijuana. "I will stand up for marijuana any day...I'm a rapper. That's who I am, Miss Katie, and I am a gangster and I do what I want. And I love to smoke. And I smoke."

"ALL ACCESS" will also feature Couric's interviews with Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and Taylor Swift and appearances by the Jonas Brothers, Carrie Underwood, John Legend, Ne-Yo, Metallica and many more. Susan Zirinsky is the executive producer.

[january 2009]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[01/26/15 - 05:48 PM]
Nick Jonas Joins the Killer Cast of FOX's Upcoming Comedy-Horror Anthology Series, "Scream Queens"
He'll join the previously cast Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts, Joe Manganiello, Lea Michele, Abigail Breslin, Keke Palmer and Ariana Grande.

[01/26/15 - 05:13 PM]
Super Bowl Week Gets an Injection of Wit - David Feherty Style - With Back-to-Back Nights of "Feherty Live" Stage Performances from Phoenix
Both shows also will air live on Golf Channel and stream live on the Golf Live Extra app.

[01/26/15 - 12:42 PM]
3.3 Million Total Viewers Sign Up for "Sons of Liberty"
History spins the numbers for Sunday, January 25.

[01/26/15 - 12:35 PM]
"Bring It!" Returns with 1.8 Million Viewers
Lifetime spins the numbers for Friday, January 23.

[01/26/15 - 10:50 AM]
Video: MTV Releases Trailer for Fourth Season of "Catfish: The TV Show"
The series will return on Wednesday, February 25 at 10:00/9:00c.

[01/26/15 - 10:48 AM]
FYI Premieres New Original Series "My City's Just Not That Into Me"
FYI and Curbed.com, published by Vox Media, are partnering for the 10 half-hour episode series, set to premiere on Wednesday, March 4 at 10:00/9:00c.

[01/26/15 - 10:04 AM]
"Chain Reaction" Returns to GSN - 40 New Episodes of the Popular Word Association Game to Launch in 2015
This marks the first new episodes of the series since 2007.

[01/26/15 - 10:02 AM]
Donald Trump to Announce Winner of NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" on Live Two-Hour Telecast, Monday, Feb. 16 at 8 P.M.
Plus: look for "The Celebrity Apprentice: Top Feuds, Firings and Fails" on Monday, February 9 at 8:00/7:00c.

[01/26/15 - 10:01 AM]
David Tennant Joins "Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones" for Netflix
He'll play the villainous Kilgrave, an enigmatic figure from Jessica's past, in the project.

[01/26/15 - 09:45 AM]
"The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst," Groundbreaking New Series Unraveling One of the Most Notorious Unsolved Crimes in New York History, Debuts Feb. 8, Exclusively on HBO
Other episodes of "The Jinx" debut subsequent Sundays at the same time through March 15.

[01/26/15 - 09:11 AM]
Nat Geo WILD's Fully Inflated "Fish Bowl II" Set for Super Bowl Sunday
This year Goldie is taking her show on the road, heading to a farm with a clownfish friend to visit some of Dr. Pol's closest animal pals.

[01/26/15 - 09:02 AM]
Carrie Underwood to Perform Special "Waiting All Day for a Super Bowl Fight" Feb. 1 on NBC
"I'm so honored to again be a part of the Super Bowl, this time joining NBC Sports in helping kick everything off! I can't wait to watch the game!" said Underwood.

[01/26/15 - 09:01 AM]
Will Ferrell & Kevin Hart to Appear & Ariana Grande to Perform Live on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" Feb. 1 Post-Super Bowl Show
Michael Keaton, Gwen Stefani, Ellen DeGeneres, Neil Young, Vin Diesel, Carl Reiner, Will Smith, Rosamund Pike and Jack White are among the scheduled guests to follow that week.

[01/26/15 - 09:01 AM]
The "50th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards" Will Be Extended by a Half-Hour in Celebration of Its Golden Anniversary, Sunday, April 19 on CBS
As previously announced, ACM Award winners Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan will return to co-host this super-sized night of incredible country music performances.

[01/26/15 - 08:48 AM]
"The 63rd Annual Miss Universe Pageant" Earned the Event's Top 18-49 Score Since August 23, 2009 and Was the Most-Watched Since July 23, 2006
NBC spins the numbers for Sunday, January 25.