THE RUNWAY HAS NEVER LOOKED THIS GOOD!
"PROJECT RUNWAY ALL STARS" AND "PROJECT ACCESSORY" TO PREMIERE BACK-TO-BACK THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3, ON LIFETIME
Notable Guest Judges This Season Include
Miss Piggy, Miranda Kerr and Pharrell Williams on Project Runway All Stars;
Debra Messing and Kelly Osborne to Appear on Project Accessory
Lifetime and The Weinstein Company Lifts Veil Off Project Accessory Designers
NEW YORK, NY (October 3, 2011) - Thursdays on Lifetime have just become even more stylish with the addition of the highly anticipated series, Project Runway All Stars and Project Accessory, which will make their debuts on the network beginning November 3rd.
A new judging day has arrived with Project Runway All Stars as 13 of the most talented and memorable designers come back to the catwalk to face a brand new panel of eyes with host supermodel Angela Lindvall, world-famous designers Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman as judges and fashion tastemaker and Marie Claire Editor-in-Chief Joanna Coles as their mentor. The designers have already shown what they can do in seasons passed but will they have what it takes to impress these fashion elites? The designers must also show they have what it takes to guest judges such as the iconic Miss Piggy, supermodel Miranda Kerr, musician and producer Pharrell Williams, among others throughout the season. Project Runway All Stars kicks off the evening at 9:00pm ET/PT. The previously announced designers ready to sew, cut, and claw their way back to runway glory are:
· Kenley Collins (Brooklyn, NY) - Season Five, Second Runner-up
· Michael Costello (Palm Springs, CA) - Season Eight, Fourth Place
· Gordana Gehlhausen (San Diego, CA) - Season Six, Fourth
· Mondo Guerra (Denver, CO) - Season Eight, Runner-up
· Mila Hermanovski (Los Angeles, CA) - Season Seven, Second Runner-up
· Kara Janx (New York, NY) - Season Two, Fourth Place
· Elisa Jimenez (New York, NY) - Season Four, 10th Place
· April Johnston (Savannah, GA) - Season Eight, Fifth Place
· Rami Kashou (Los Angeles, CA) - Season Four, Runner-up
· Austin Scarlett (New York, NY) - Season One, Fourth Place
· Jerell Scott (New York, NY) - Season Five, Fourth Place
· Sweet P/Kathleen Vaughn (Pasadena, CA) - Season Four, Fifth Place
· Anthony Williams (Atlanta, GA) - Season Seven, Fifth Place
Besides ultimate bragging rights, the winner of Project Runway All Stars will receive the most lucrative prizing ever in Project Runway history. Prizes include an exclusive designer's boutique in select Neiman Marcus stores and on NeimanMarcus.com, $100,000 dollars in technology and office space to help grow their business from HP and Intel, $100,000 cash from L'Oreal Paris, a feature spread in Marie Claire, for which he or she will serve as a guest editor for one year, and a sewing and embroidery studio provided by Brother International. Project Runway All Stars is produced by The Weinstein Company and Bunim-Murray Productions.
Immediately following Project Runway All Stars, Lifetime proves attitude is the best accessory with the new series, Project Accessory, premiering at 10:00pm ET/PT. Hosted by actress and model Molly Sims, 12 designers will compete and showcase their unique vision for accessories and show audiences how to transform any outfit. The designers must dazzle Sims and judges designer Kenneth Cole and InStyle Editor Ariel Foxman with their one-of-a-kind jewelry, belts, bags, shoes, headpieces and other wares, with the help of lifestyle expert Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti as their mentor. Emmy(R) Award-winning actress Debra Messing and fashion critic and television personality Kelly Osborne will appear as guest judges this season, among other fashion luminaries. The 12 designers who will be competing to revolutionize the accessory world are:
· Cotrice (Milwaukee, WI/Atlanta, GA) - specializes in jewelry
· Brian Burkhardt (Manchester, NH/Miami, FL) - specializes in jewelry
· Christina Caruso (New York, NY) - specializes in jewelry
· Nina Cortes (Miami, FL) - specializes in jewelry
· Shea Curry (Hattiesburg, MS/Los Angeles, CA) - specializes in jewelry and hair accessories
· Adrian Dana (Baltimore, MD/Lithuania, GA) - specializes in church hats
· David Grieco (Watertown, NY/Los Angeles, CA) - specializes in belts
· Kelly Horton (Philadelphia, PA/Edgewater, NJ) - specializes in handbags
· Diego Rocha (Sao Paolo, Brazil/Chicago, IL) - specializes in handbags
· Nicolina Royale (Minneapolis MN/Los Angeles, CA) - specializes in leather rock 'n' roll accessories
· Rich Sandomeno - (Elmwood Park, NJ/Los Angeles, CA) - specializes in jewelry
· James Sommerfeldt (Chicago, IL) - specializes in footwear
The winner of Project Accessory will receive $100,000 from eBay Fashion to start their own line, a feature spread in InStyle and a year of professional runway hair styling courtesy of John Frieda(R) Precision Foam Color. Project Accessory is produced by The Weinstein Company and Good Bye Pictures.
ABOUT THE WEINSTEIN COMPANY
The Weinstein Company (TWC) is a multimedia production and distribution company launched in October 2005 by Bob and Harvey Weinstein, the brothers who founded Miramax Films in 1979. TWC also encompasses Dimension Films, the genre label founded in 1993 by Bob Weinstein. TWC is also active in television production, led by Meryl Poster, with credits including the Emmy(R) nominated and Peabody Award winning reality series Project Runway, the VH1 reality series Mob Wives, and the critically acclaimed HBO comedy/crime series The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency which also received a Peabody Award. The company is currently producing Project Runway All Stars and Project Accessory. The company currently has 17 series in different stages of development, including Marco Polo, a scripted historical series about the great explorer; The Nanny Diaries, based on the hit book; and The Mad Ones, adapted from the Mafia novel of the same name.
ABOUT LIFETIME TELEVISION
Lifetime Television is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. Lifetime Television(R), Lifetime Movie Network(R), Lifetime Real Women(R) and Lifetime Digital(TM) are part of Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, a subsidiary of A+E Networks. A+E Networks is a joint venture of the Disney-ABC Television Group, Hearst Corporation and NBC Universal.