[04/19/13 - 01:57 PM]
Terror in Boston: Hour-Long Special Editions of "NBC Nightly News" at 6:30p ET and "Rock Center with Brian Williams" at 10P/9C
Plus: Natalie Morales speaks to the family of Sydney Corcoran, whose iconic image was seen around the world as a stranger in a red shirt came to her aid.

Anchored by Brian Williams - Pete Williams, Kerry Sanders, Lester Holt, Richard Engel, Harry Smith, Kate Snow, Ann Curry, and Natalie Morales Report

NEW YORK, NY - April 19, 2013 - NBC News' comprehensive live coverage of the terror in Boston continues into the evening with an expanded one-hour edition of "NBC Nightly News" at 6:30p ET, as well as an in-depth look at the recent developments on "Rock Center with Brian Williams" at 10p/9c.

Featuring interviews from survivors, stories of heroes, and the latest developments on the manhunt for the suspect, Harry Smith, Kate Snow, Richard Engel, Ann Curry and Natalie Morales report for "Rock Center with Brian Williams" at 10p/9c.

Within this special broadcast, Natalie Morales speaks to the family of Sydney Corcoran, whose iconic image was seen around the world as a stranger in a red shirt came to her aid. Sydney was severely injured by debris and her mother Celeste, had both of her legs amputated.

Viewers will also hear from Harry Smith who sat down with the heroes from the Forum restaurant on Boylston Street, who swiftly ran to the street to help victims who were injured by the explosion.

Sound bites from the exclusive interviews follow. If used, must include mandatory credit with air date and time: "Rock Center with Brian Williams," Friday, April 19 at 10p/9c.

NATALIE MORALES: Carmen, when you realized this was a bomb, when it hit you, what actually happened? You were just right there, near the finish line. Your own family too, your husband, your kids - your three kids - were there too.

CARMEN ACCOBO (Celeste Corcoran's sister who ran the marathon): They were at the finish waiting for me. And I was terrified that my family was all gone, everyone that I loved was there. I finally got reunited with my husband and my kids and tried to - we kept saying we - my husband kept saying, "I can't find your sister."

KEVIN CORCORAN (Celeste's husband / Sydney's father): My wife, Celeste - I saw her eyes were open. And still, at this point, I don't realize that this is a bomb that exploded. I see her eyes are open, I know she is alive. And then I start looking around. And there are limbs everywhere and blood. And, I look down at her body to see if she's okay. And I notice her legs. And that's when it hits you. "This is obviously some type of terrorist-related event, whatever you want to call it." And that's when it got real. Instinct just takes over. You take your belt off. You put a tourniquet on, yelled to a guy who happened to be running towards me. He gave me his belt. I put on another one. And then I just laid down next to her and just told her I loved her and that everything would be okay. And I just kissed her face and gently caressed her, while people were trying to get to us.

HARRY SMITH: Chris, tell me. So you're coming forward. Most of the people who can get out have gotten out. How many people are left there who need your help?

CHRIS LOPER: I'd say there's probably 15, 20 people, not necessarily inside the restaurant itself. The most injured people were out just in front of the patio. But because of the uncertainty, there were-- people were bringing them into the restaurant to try to aid them. So, you know, in that-- in that four or five-minute time frame, it's just us. You know, it's just the employees that form and it's just the foundation people. We're the only ones that can do anything. There's not police officers there as yet, or EMTs or anyone. So you see, you know, your bartender, you know, holding a woman. You see someone else doing amazing things.

JULIE WEEDEN: And then I went out to the front and that's when I just saw complete, you know, nightmare, massacre. There was blood. There was people on the streets, on the sidewalks, you know, on the patio. And, you know, there was a body part here that I saw and there was something else over there. But there was just so much blood. And you don't stop and think. You don't give your cha-- yourself the chance to realize what is actually goin' on.

HARRY SMITH: Are you heroes?

JAMIS MEDERIOS: You know, like some people have asked-- said what we did was heroic, and the way I look at it is we were in the wrong place at the wrong time, but we did the right thing.

JULIE WEEDEN: I think anybody would have done--

JAMIS MEDERIOS: I don't-- I don't think that we're heroes. I think that we're people that were in the wrong place at the wrong time and just chose to do the right thing.

[april 2013]

[10/24/16 - 02:45 PM]
"Frozen," Walt Disney Animation Studios' Blockbuster Film, Makes Its Network Broadcast Premiere on ABC This Holiday Season
Look for "The Making of Frozen: A Return to Arendelle" that same night, Sunday, December 11 on the Alphabet.

[10/24/16 - 02:19 PM]
Video: MTV's "Sweet/Vicious" First Look Promos!
MTV's new series starring Eliza Bennett and Taylor Dearden and created by Jennifer Kaytin Robinson premieres November 15.

[10/24/16 - 01:21 PM]
TLC & Discovery Family to Premiere "Unichef: Uniting Through Food" on Thursday, November 17
The special will premiere at 7/6c on TLC followed by an encore presentation at 9/8c on Discovery Family Channel.

[10/24/16 - 01:20 PM]
Louis C.K., Ryan Reynolds, Tracy Morgan and More Join the Guest List as TBS's "Conan" Heads to New York for a Week of Shows
It will also continue O'Brien's string of innovative road show broadcasts from cities across the United States and around the globe.

[10/24/16 - 12:38 PM]
Food Network Gets Festive for the Holidays with the Return of "Cake Wars: Christmas"
Jonathan Bennett hosts the six hour-long episodes filled with the most over-the-top Christmas cake confections ever seen.

[10/24/16 - 11:21 AM]
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' "Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas" 2016 Original Movie Premieres
"Love Always, Santa" will kick things off Sunday, November 6 on the cable channel.

[10/24/16 - 11:15 AM]
National Geographic Channel Announces Unprecedented and Historic Global Release of "Before the Flood"
"In our minds, there is no more important story to tell, no more important issue facing our planet than that of climate change," said Courteney Monroe.

[10/24/16 - 10:26 AM]
"Underfire: The Untold Story of PFC. Tony Vaccaro," Recounting the Life of a WWII Combat Infantryman and War Photographer, Debuts Nov. 14 on HBO
The film chronicles the life and vision of this remarkable man, exploring how photography defines the way the public perceives armed conflict, and revealing the sheer difficulty of survival while taking photos in a war zone.

[10/24/16 - 10:26 AM]
The CW Orders New Seasons of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?," "Penn & Teller: Fool Us," and "Masters of Illusion" for Summer 2017
The new seasons of these series will return as part of The CW's 2017 Summer schedule, with dates and times to be announced later.

[10/24/16 - 10:23 AM]
Video: Four New Promos for FX's New Drama Series "Taboo" Starring Tom Hardy
The new original series from Tom Hardy and Ridley Scott premieres early 2017.

[10/24/16 - 10:09 AM]
Video: Amazon Releases Retro 80s Commercial for "Red Oaks" Season 2
Look for the new season to premiere on Amazon Prime Video November 11.

[10/24/16 - 09:13 AM]
Amazon Original Series "The Grand Tour" Announces Studio Recording in Nashville, TN
"The Grand Tour" will launch in 4K on Friday, November 18 exclusively for Amazon Prime members.

[10/24/16 - 08:54 AM]
Seahawks-Cardinals "SNF" Leads Preliminary Results for the Night Among the Big 4 in Every Key Measure
NBC spins the numbers for Sunday, October 23.

[10/24/16 - 08:43 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: "Sunday Night Football" Keeps NBC on Top
The Peacock once again leads the evening among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/24/16 - 07:55 AM]
Mike Tirico to Make Horse Racing Debut as Host of NBC's Primetime Coverage of the 2016 Breeders' Cup
"What a great event and venue for my maiden voyage with our incredibly talented horse racing team," Tirico said.