[03/23/17 - 06:15 AM] "Tumble Leaf Spring-A-Ling Surprise" Debuts on April 4 In this special, everyone helps Bloom the bunny hunt for his lost eggs, which he plans to plant for a spectacular spring surprise, and Fig uncovers many other signs of the bright and sunny season of spring along the way.
[via press release from Amazon]
"Tumble Leaf Spring-A-Ling Surprise" Debuts on April 4
On Tuesday, April 4, Amazon Original Special Tumble Leaf Spring-A-Ling Surprise is set to premiere on Prime Video in the US and UK. Directed by Drew Hodges (Community) and executive produced by Hodges and Kelli Bixler (The Roadents) of the award-winning studio Bix Pix Entertainment, Tumble Leaf features lush worlds, playful stop-motion animation and scientific thinking through play. In this special, everyone helps Bloom the bunny hunt for his lost eggs, which he plans to plant for a spectacular spring surprise, and Fig uncovers many other signs of the bright and sunny season of spring along the way.
"The show is a lovely invitation to explore the world just beyond our doors, and a celebration of the magic that is revealed to us anew each year with the coming of spring, said Scot Osterweil, Creative Director of the MIT Education Arcade. As with all Tumble Leaf episodes, it's a reminder for adults as well as young children that play is a portal to wonder and discovery."
Yesterday, Tumble Leaf received four 2017 Daytime Emmy Award nominations, including Outstanding Pre-School Children's Animated Program, Outstanding Directing in a Preschool Animated Program, Outstanding Sound Mixing - Preschool Animated Program, and Outstanding Sound Editing - Preschool Animated Program. Since its debut, Tumble Leaf has garnered numerous awards, including eight Daytime Emmy Awards winning Outstanding Preschool Children's Animated Program in 2015 and 2016, the Jury Award for a TV series at the 2014 Annecy International Animated Film Festival, three Annie Awards for Best Animated TV/Broadcast Production for Preschool Children (2015-2017), three Parents' Choice Gold Awards (2015-2017), and Christopher Downs (Fig) won the Young Artist Award in 2015 for Best Performance in a Voice-Over Role - Young Actor 10 or Under.
Season one and two both have an average customer rating of 4.9 stars. Here is what customers have been saying:
· "This is my daughter's favorite show. She walks around the house saying, "Let me figure this out... " It's adorable and also very clever. Unique in that it's teaching about scientific principles instead of the usual ABC type shows. More Tumble Leaf, please!!"
· "My two year old son just loves this show. I think he's watched each episode 3-4 times over already. I knew it was a huge hit and having an influence on him when he started saying: "Let's figure this out" when meeting something new or trying to come up with a solution. He talked about springs, pulleys, all sorts of wonderful concepts after the show."
· "My three year old loves this show and it is such a high caliber of educational value that I can handle watching the same thirteen episodes over and over again. As he sits quietly enthralled in Fig's discoveries and gets so happy every time he sees Stick, it is obvious the gears in my son's head are turning as he learns the brilliantly crafted physical science lessons this show is embedded throughout. I would absolutely recommend this to your little engineer/scientist."
· "I love this program. It is rich in color and scenery which keeps our son engaged. Each episode demonstrates problem solving, a rich vocabulary, a topic or theme that can be recreated to learn with a hands on approach. Encourages play at the end of each episode."
· "... I think this show does a fantastic job of demonstrating how to approach creative problem solving. The characters start with a problem, and try a series of different ideas for solving it, learning from each failed attempt."
Seasons one and two of Tumble Leaf are available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Video app for compatible TVs, connected devices, including Amazon Fire TV and mobile devices, or online at www.amazon.com/kidsoriginals, at no additional cost to their membership. Prime members can also download select titles to mobile devices for offline viewing. Eligible customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream. Tumble Leaf is also available as part of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, the all-you-can-eat subscription service designed from the ground up for kids. FreeTime Unlimited is available exclusively on Amazon devices, including Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets, and a year-long subscription is included with every Fire Kids Edition.
[05/24/18 - 10:30 AM] "Baskets" Renewed for a Fourth Season on FX "'Baskets' continues to deliver thanks to the dream creative team led by Jonathan Krisel and Zach Galifianakis, and we couldn't be happier to order a fourth season to air next year," Eric Schrier said.
[05/24/18 - 09:29 AM] CMT Reveals New Summer Programming Slate "Bachelorette Weekend," premiering Thursday, August 2, follows the staff of Bach Weekend, a Nashville-based company specializing in creating once-in-a-lifetime bachelor/bachelorette experiences for would-be brides and grooms celebrating their final fling before the ring.
[05/24/18 - 08:14 AM] "Northern Rescue" Coming Soon to Netflix After the death of his wife Sarah, John West (William Baldwin) packs up his three children and moves from their hectic urban life to his small northern hometown to take command of the local Search & Rescue service.