[03/28/17 - 07:18 AM] E! Serves Up a Sunday Funday When New Docu-Series "What Happens at the Abbey" Premieres May 14 at 10PM ET/PT Presiding over one of the wildest nightclubs in Los Angeles, the team unapologetically embodies the open-minded mentality of The Abbey while fostering an environment of acceptance.
[via press release from E!]
E! SERVES UP A SUNDAY FUNDAY WHEN NEW DOCU-SERIES "WHAT HAPPENS AT THE ABBEY" PREMIERES MAY 14 AT 10PM ET/PT
-- The series follows legendary West Hollywood nightclub and celebrity hotspot, The Abbey, and its dynamic staff of beautiful and charismatic up-and-coming stars --
LOS ANGELES, CA - March 28, 2017- E! goes behind the bar and takes an inside look at the lives of the employees of the world-famous hot spot when its new docu-series "What Happens at The Abbey" premieres on Sunday, May 14th at 10pm ET/PT. Located in the heart of Los Angeles' West Hollywood neighborhood, The Abbey, hailed as the "Best Gay Bar in the World," is an institution where labels are abandoned, inclusion is paramount and everyone, regardless of their sexuality comes to mix and mingle with celebrities.
Presiding over one of the wildest nightclubs in Los Angeles, the team unapologetically embodies the open-minded mentality of The Abbey while fostering an environment of acceptance. Managed by owner David Cooley, the staff juggles delivering first-rate service to their VIP guests and celebrities while dealing with relationship drama, diverse sexuality and the pursuit of their own Hollywood dreams. It's not all work, as this outrageous and unpredictable squad somehow manages to party even harder than their celebrity patrons.
Meet the #nofilter staff of The Abbey:
"The Abbey is the only place in the world where a lesbian and a straight woman fight to be a gay man's baby mama."
- Billy Reilich, VIP server: The small-town boy from Ohio and resident "muscle boy next door" is also best known as "Nick the Gardener" of The Ellen Show.
"Yeah I'm pissed. Don't freaking tell me that you are into me and then you go and hook up with another girl in front of me. It's really disrespectful."
- Marissa Chykirda, server: The new girl, straight out of Long Island. She's unintentionally become a player whisperer by taming Kyle.
"It's pizza, its not going to be the greatest thing you've ever eaten but if you want it, you could probably have it at your house in under 30 minutes."
- Kyle Clarke, bartender: The bad boy who has graced the cover of more than 50 fitness magazines and saves women's numbers in his phone with the pizza emoji.
"It's not black and white here at The Abbey. It's very grey and it's very messy."
- Elizabeth Steinle, server: A self-proclaimed gold star lesbian, she's opinionated, strong and no stranger to conflict.
"Technically my psychic told me not to date anyone for three-six months because I tend to gravitate toward douchebags."
- Kim Senser, bartender: A hopeless romantic who looks for love in all the wrong places. There's one place she has not yet looked... her lesbian best friend.
"It's like the best night of your life, that you will never remember."
- Murray Swanby, VIP host: West Hollywood's biggest playboy and dating fellow colleague Cory, he knows everyone in town and is always the life of the party.
"I have never had such low self esteem since I started dating this man."
- Cory Zwierzynski, bartender: Sweet but has a short fuse as current boyfriend Murray makes him feel insecure flirting with other guys right in his face.
"Growing up I dated girls that looked like boys and boys that looked like girls."
- Brandi Andrews, VIP host: Ultra sassy and intimidating, she's a lesbian in pursuit to have a child with her colleague Lawrence. It's their perfect arrangement for a modern family.
"We've decided to have a baby together. We aren't pregnant yet, but we're going to embark on this journey pretty soon."
- Lawrence Carroll, VIP host: Ready to start a family with Brandi, he faces the reality of fertility tests, various relationship struggles and the most emotional of them all, revealing to his family that he is ready to become a father.
"Sometimes I think, damn I'd really love to have this girl's life but then I remember she's not necessarily the sharpest tool in the shed."
- Chelsea Jeffers, management trainee: Blurring her personal and professional life, she dreams of becoming a nightclub mogul. She governs with sass and her strict high standards.
"I'm worth a lot of money, so it takes a lot to get this shirt off."
- Daniel Eid, server: The ultimate comic relief, he is the self-proclaimed "best server at The Abbey." A quirky personality and cocky attitude make the perfect recipe for the "Zoolander" server.
"What Happens At The Abbey" is produced by Banijay Studios North America with David Goldberg, Caroline Baumgard, Ray Giuliani and David Cooley as executive producers.
About E! Entertainment:
E! is the only global, multiplatform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S. "E! News" airs nightly on the network and delivers breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across all digital and social platforms. E! programming includes popular series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," "Total Divas," "#RichKids of Beverly Hills," "Botched," "I Am Cait," "Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry," "WAGS," and "Fashion Police," as well as the network's first original scripted series "The Royals." Additionally, E!'s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights. E! is a network of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. For more corporate information, visit www.nbcuniversal.com.
About Banijay Studios
Banijay Studios North America (BSNA) launched in April 2014. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Banijay Studios North America creates original network, syndicated and cable programming and develops successful Banijay formats for the U.S. market. Original series include Jimmy Kimmel's primetime game show "Big Fan"(ABC) and the highly anticipated primetime game show "Child Support" (ABC) featuring Ricky Gervais, hosted by Fred Savage. BSNA is part of Banijay Group, one of the world's biggest independent global production and distribution companies with a presence in more than 18 territories. The Group's growing library of formats and programming, as well as acquired third-party content, totals more than 20,000 hours and spans across all genres, including unscripted, scripted, and children's entertainment. They are licensed internationally by its global distribution arm, Zodiak Rights. David Goldberg, Banijay Group President, serves as CEO, Banijay Studios North America. Caroline Baumgard is Chief Creative Officer, Banijay Studios North America.
[06/28/17 - 01:24 PM] FOX Sports Loads Bases for 2017 MLB All-Star Game Superstars from the American and National Leagues face off in the 2017 All-Star Game from Marlins Park in Miami, Fla., on Tuesday, July 11, with pregame coverage beginning at 7:30 PM ET on the FOX broadcast network.