NICKELODEON TAPS DR. ANTHONY S. FAUCI, DIRECTOR OF NIAID, TO ANSWER KIDS' QUESTIONS ABOUT COVID-19 IN BRAND-NEW "NICK NEWS BREAKS," AIRING SATURDAY, APRIL 3
Nickelodeon's Nick News will feature Director of NIAID and the nation's leading expert on infectious diseases Dr. Anthony S. Fauci taking real questions from real kids in a series of four Nick News Breaks, beginning Saturday, April 3, and airing throughout the weekend on Nick, TeenNick, Nicktoons and on Nickelodeon social media platforms. Nick News Breaks is an ongoing series of news updates covering the big topics and news of the day that are most important to kids.
In the Nick News Breaks, Dr. Fauci candidly answers the following questions from kids across the country:
· I already wear one mask and now I hear we need to wear two masks. Do I really need to wear two masks? - Kaleb, age 12
· I stay with my grandma part time. Does that mean I need to get the vaccine? She gives the best hugs - does that mean I can't hug her? - Jade, age 10
· My parents told me that kids my age are now being tested for the vaccination. Is that true? - Joey, age 9
· When will I be allowed to have playdates again? - Ella, age 6
· Why does the information about COVID-19 keep changing on the news? - Jesai, age 13
· I didn't have a birthday party last year. Will I miss it again this year? - Natalie, age 11
Nick News Breaks debuted on Nickelodeon earlier this year, covering topics ranging from the Capitol Insurrection to Trump Impeachment, Peaceful Transition of Power, to COVID-19 Vaccines and NASA Landing on Mars.
The award-winning Nick News series made its return last June with a special hour-long presentation Kids, Race and Unity: A Nick News Special, hosted by global superstar Alicia Keys. Specials will continue to air throughout the year. Nick News is executive produced by Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson, Vice President of News Programming.