SEESO LAUNCHES ON THE ROKU PLATFORM AND AMAZON FIRE TV
NEW YORK, March 1, 2016 - Seeso, the new streaming comedy channel from NBCUniversal's Digital Enterprises, today announced that viewers now can watch their favorite originals, stand-up specials and curated library of acquired series and films via Roku(R) devices and Amazon Fire TV platforms.
For $3.99 a month, subscribers will have on-demand access to over 2,000 hours of exclusive original content via www.seeso.com, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick, Roku, with additional platforms launching in the coming months. Seeso's extensive library includes:
· Seeso Originals including "The UCB Show," "Sammy J & Randy in Ricketts Lane" and "The Cyanide & Happiness Show"
· Remastered classics like "Monty Python's Flying Circus" and "The Kids in the Hall"
· Complete collections of NBC late night hits "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," "Late Night with Seth Meyers" and "Saturday Night Live" - including new episodes of each show available next day
· Binge-worthy TV shows like "30 Rock," "Parks and Recreation," and "The Office"
· Brilliant British comedies including "The IT Crowd," "The Mighty Boosh," "Fawlty Towers," "The Office (UK)," "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" and more
Roku customers in the U.S. who use the guest sign in can view Seeso Now, a handpicked comedy playlist, which includes recent show clips from "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," "Late Night with Seth Meyers" and "SNL." In addition, the first episodes of all Seeso Original Series are available to stream. An e-mail address is required.
"Our goal is to deliver the best, most compelling content to our customers," said Bernarda Duarte, director of Content Acquisition for Roku. "Not only is Seeso is a significant addition to Roku's U.S. channel offering, it provides our customers with an incredible selection of original, knee-slapping content on-demand."
In 2014, Amazon introduced the first Amazon Fire TV, combining voice search that actually works, fast and powerful performance, and an open ecosystem to deliver the easiest way to watch over 250,000 movies and TV shows, play games, and more on your big-screen TV. This fall Amazon launched the next generation of Fire TV devices - the new Amazon Fire TV with support for 4K Ultra HD, and the new Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote - both of which include Alexa voice support.
Seeso is NBCUniversal Digital Enterprises' ad-free streaming comedy channel with a unique, artisanal mix of new comedies, exclusive shows, classic stand-up performances and curated films. The subscription service is available at www.Seeso.com and on streaming platforms, connected devices and other distribution partners for $3.99 per month.