"HEARTSTOPPER" WILL RETURN TO NETFLIX WITH A SECOND AND THIRD SEASON
Netflix has today announced that Heartstopper will return for two more seasons, produced by See-Saw Films. The graphic novel author and illustrator Alice Oseman returns as writer and creator.
Since the series debuted in April 2022:
· Heartstopper weekly book sales in the US have increased 1700%. Volume 1 is currently the number one YA fiction book in the US and featured on the NYT bestseller list [Source: NPD BookScan]
· The series has a 100% Critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes and is 'certified fresh' [Source: Rotten Tomatoes]
· Talent Instagram followings have exploded with Kit Connor at 3.4M and Joe Locke at 2.5M, both had just over 100K followers a month prior to launch
· On TikTok, #heartstopper has now amassed over 4.3B views [Source: TikTok]
· Heartstopper, for the fourth consecutive week, topped Variety's Trending TV chart the week of May 9-15. The Trending TV chat tracks audience interactions across Twitter including tweets, retweets, likes and hashtags [Source: Variety]
· The series reached the Netflix Top Ten list in 54 countries [Source: Netflix Top 10]
Season 1 Synopsis:
Boy meets boy. Boys become friends. Boys fall in love. When gentle Charlie and rugby-loving Nick meet at secondary school, they quickly discover that their unlikely friendship is blossoming into an unexpected romance. Charlie, Nick and their circle of friends must navigate the ever-relatable journey of self discovery and acceptance, supporting each other as they learn to find their most authentic selves. Please find additional images for consideration on the Netflix Media Center
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.